2,621 results
All reviews rural society white house nice hotel room service few blocks mini bar hotel restaurant national mall fitness center valet parking metro stop dupont circle loews concierge lobby doorman starbucks
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Warm professional staff, first class accommodations and a great bar. Loved this hotel! Centrally located, very clean, grey palette was soothing and cool on the hot summer days. Everything was effortless here - from check into check out. Comfortable rooms, great fitness center, and all the small details were noticed and appreciated. Highly recommend the Madison.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Paolo_Pedrazzini, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at The Madison. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I come to DC a lot on business and as a freelancer I am look for a nice place at a good rate. The Madison is really lovely and one of the nicest places I've stayed. I happened upon a special but I do think the hotel is worth it at the higher rate too if it is in your budget. The renovation was a success and the common areas are elegant. I found the staff very helpful and not too cloying. It was nice to be in a upper end hotel that didn't charge for the fitness room (small but just fine) or wifi. As with most nice hotels the breakfast room service is pricey but there are several delis and coffee shops within a 2 minute walk where you can eggs, bagels, etc. Keuig coffee makers in the rooms a great thing. I've stayed at two Ritz Carltons in DC ( when I wasn't a freelancer!) and this hotel experience was as nice for sure. I think they have a high turnover b/c housekeeping really pounced on the rooms by 8am and I heard them politely ask someone when they were checking out today.....not the greatest move in my opinion...but that is a minor thing.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Nice clean hotel with unique decor and very friendly service. Great breakfast and very good food in general. Mixed clientele - both business and families, but works very well. Would stay there again in the future. Spa needs a full-time attendant.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Once I mentioned that it was our 41st anniversary and my 60th birthday, the receptionist upgraded us to a deluxe king for the same price. The price was very reasonable. The corner room was beautiful with a great view. We were within walking distance of the White House. The concierge was so helpful. She helped us with directions, tickets for busing and attractions, and advice on good restaurants. The staff was so friendly and polite. They went out of their way to speak to us or ask if they could help us. This experience has probably spoiled me from ever staying at anything but a five star hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites have windows all the way around two walls with a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherlyn W
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

We are ecstatic to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, Sherlyn. We hope you're birthday and anniversary were memorable and look forward to sharing many more memories with you!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our family had a pleasant stay at The Madison in DC. The hotel was well run and the staff was extremely helpful and polite. The rooms are nice but the furniture was dusty and not well maintained by the housekeeping person.
The dinner at the Federalist Restaurant was amazing. The rockfish was fantastic!

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the museums you may want to find a hotel closer to them. We spent about $9.00 per trip by taxi to visit them each day.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family