2,587 results
All reviews rural society white house nice hotel room service few blocks mini bar within walking distance hotel restaurant sight seeing national mall fitness center valet parking metro stop dupont circle loews concierge lobby
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We just stayed at The Madison for a wedding Labor Day weekend. It was really lovely. The room, which was newly renovated, was very comfortable and attractive -- the bed was cozy with a real comforter, the bathroom had great water-pressure in the large walk-in shower. The service was really friendly and attentive. The gym was free and not at all crowded. And the hotel was very well located, with easy access to the Metro. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the front but was still very quiet -- they must have new soundproof windows.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jbe426
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

The wedding was an absolute pleasure for us to host and we are glad you enjoyed your stay over Labor Day weekend! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Washington D.C.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Absolutely gorgeous! very comfortable and pretty chic! We went to this hotel for labor day and it was a wonderful moment. The staff is very sympathic and helpful! The hotel is closed by the most important landmarks: the white house and the Washington monument! You re very close by the famous place DuPont Circle! A place to be, a place to live, enjoy!

Room Tip: If you have 2 children, take a room with two queens bed!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AguirreandCo

Thank you for your five star review! We are glad you had the chance to explore nearby Dupont Circle. On your next stay, you might also want to visit the Logan Circle area which has many vibrant restaurants, bars and shops. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 7 nights. Upon arrival I was greeted by the friendliest staff I have ever encountered, ready to assist me. I had to wait for my room (I was early), and they were very attentive to getting my room asap. The hotel was completely remodeled, equisite.The hotel room was beautiful. I was on a top floor so the view was fantastic. The hotel is 10 mins away from the White house, the Smithosians (you have to visit the Museum of Natural History if you have only one to see), restaurants, etc. The location is close to the Metro station which made is easy to travel to Virginia. I have travelled in many five star hotels, but this by far has been the hotel by far. I would highly advise staying at the Madisson, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators, you will have more privacy and it is quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank helenlibra23

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at The Madison. Many of our staff members are true service experts having worked in the industry for decades - we are thrilled that you found our team to be helpful and attentive. We thank you for your five star review and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed at the Madison for four nights in August 2012. We got a great deal on the rooms through an online website, and we very impressed by the standard of the furnishings, and the layout of the rooms. Front desk staff were very helpful, and the cleaning staff were courteous. Concierge was helpful in ordering taxis too. Service at breakfast was a little slow the first morning, so we bought items at the breakfast bar the next morning, made for a much quicker start to the day. We used the business centre to print our boarding passes for the flight home. Free internet worked well in our room, and the lobby. Overall excellent value for a clean, bright, modern hotel within walking distance of the White House.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kitty_Brewster
Paolo_Pedrazzini, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at The Madison. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The hotel is very nice but I found my room to be a bit small and the bathroom was even smaller. The employees are very friendly and helpful, and always with a smile on their faces. I had a late night dinner of chicken and waffles that was very good.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with a view. My view was of an office building, and I had to keep the shades drawn to have privacy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hcpw50910

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit us again soon!