“A must visit”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: U Street Corridor
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I simply loved the vibe, smallish bookstore and fusion dishes. The wine list Nd cocktails are also great. Will definitely be back

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

3K Hillary paintings juxtaposed with resist posters and over priced food. Wait staff could not be bothered to check on empty water glasses, missing glasses for beer, or requested side items w/ meal.
Guess u suffer poor service & food as part of this corporate revolutionary comfortable staged environment.

1  Thank 5919aus
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Five of us walked in ravenous and without reservations. We were walked without any fuss past a dozen millennials seating on couches, working on their laptops, and eating lunch. Nice atmosphere: consciously relaxed and intellectual. A pleasant surprise, we were able to talk across the table without having to shout. Our server, Cristin, was courteous and efficient. In no time I was guzzling a superb, locally-brewed draft pilsner. My in-laws ordered iced tea, my son ordered an excellent American IPA, and my wife ordered something not-too-hoppy, after Cristin assured that "there were no kernels floating in the beer." The order was for four Cuban Sandwiches and one Reuben, and it was served quite promptly. I know Cuban Sandwiches: my first one was back in 1969, when I was 12 years old and my Cuban-born dad took me to his favorite "loncheria" in Washington Heights. I've had many Cubanos since, including at La Carreta in Miami, and I'd say these were very good Gringo-facsimiles. (To be picky, the pickles slices were not as long or thinly-sliced as the "autenticos.") Still, they were very good. Four ordered side servings of fresh fruit, my wife had the tabbouleh (delicious: fresh and light) and I had the house salad (very tasty and light). I had a second pilsner, and we skipped desert. All gave the meal two thumbs up. We stopped at the bookstore on the way out, which had a very nice selection and reminded me why I love bookstores.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was close to our hotel and came recommended by staff. We waited for a short period before being seated. It took over 15 minutes before we saw a server. We were obviously ready to order. We placed our order and never received our drinks. The food was good but the lack of service and not receiving things we asked for left a very bad taste in our mouths.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I had breakfast at Busboys and Poets and it was delicious, they have a huge variety of food options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also have grits on the menu!! The sweat potato pancakes were amazing, I love that little twist.

Our server was very friendly and attentive. I would go back to try the lunch/dinner menu.