“Terrific Traditional ”

Joe's Italian
Ranked #2 of 72 Restaurants in Alabaster
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

From the live accordion player to the hustle of the waitstaff this is a real down to earth traditional family Italian place. Our visit was on a very busy Saturday but we still were seated immediately and within moments our efficient waitress was at our table. These folks have got the busy dining business down pat with ample waitstaff and efficient kitchen. The prices were reasonable, wine list was limited but had some good choices at prices lower than you might expect. The food was very good and served quickly. Don't be put off by the fact that this is located in a strip mall type location...it is worth the visit.

Mike D, General Manager at Joe's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Thank you for the great review Steven. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and pushing that review up to a 5 star. Have a great day! Mike Darnall/GM

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Just having moved to the area, I'm checking out places for my go to list and Joe's is on it! I got my order to go and having just moved back from Italy, I am so glad I did. I got the caprese salad and capellini pasta with tomato. Prepared very close to Italian, but for American tastes. The atmosphere was relaxed and warm. They even have a house red wine that was very nice! Can't wait to take family there.

Mike D, General Manager at Joe's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Thank you for the great review and welcome to the Alabaster area. We have lots of other tasty dishes to try, and fantastic cakes too, so please come back and see us soon. Have a great day!!

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Just south of Birmingham in a little strip mall is a step back to Italy! The food at this little slice of Italy is simply amazing!

Creamy sauces, delicious tomato basil soup, warm soft bread... I wish I had room for the cakes they have on display.

The wait staff is excellent! Our waitress Helen made us feel right at home.

In leaving I am wondering how to make another trip this way...

Mike D, General Manager at Joe's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2017

Thank you for the great review Amanda. Your comments about Italy made us all smile and know that we are doing it right! We look forward to seeing you again soon, and I will make sure to give Helen your compliment. She is a very valued and long time team member, and we love to see her every day as well. Have a great day!

Reviewed September 14, 2017

We had not been to Joe's for quite awhile. We had heard it was not as good under the new ownership. W e decided to find out for ourselves. I could not tell any difference. I started with the tomato basil soup which was as good as ever. My wife had a salad which she said was excellent. For entrees she had lasagna and I had ravioli rose. My ravioli was as good as ever and my wife really enjoyed her lasagna. The portion of lasagna was so large she took half of it home and had it for lunch the next day. The cakes at Joe's are incredible, especially the strawberry, and the pieces are so large that they can easily be shared. My only disappointment was the bread. It seemed a little stale.

Mike D, General Manager at Joe's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

Hi Lee, Great to read your review and thank you so much. It is nice to read that you still enjoy our food and especially our cakes. We love hearing from our guests, especially ones that have returned to Joe's. Very happy to hear that you had some to take home, and I do apologize for the bread. We will work on it. We hope to see you again soon, and hope that you have a great day! Mike Darnall/GM

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

For those of you who have never been, this is the best Italian restaurant in the Metro Birmingham area!

The food is just fabulous. There is no other way to describe it. The service is extraordinary and family style all at the same time.

Everything on the menu is prepared as if your mom was making it at home. And don't tell Mom, it is even better.

You have to try a slice of their cake. It doesn't matter which one, although strawberry is my favorite, they are all fabulous.

The location is off the beaten path, but the journey to get there as well worth the wonderful meal you will have. I cannot recommend this place enough.

Mike D, General Manager at Joe's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Thank you for the very kind words and great review! We love to hear from our guests and we value your opinion. The team at Joe's is so energized when we hear about visits like yours and we hope that you will come to visit us again soon. Thanks again, and have a great day! Mike Darnall/GM

Been to Joe's Italian? Share your experiences!