“Better than subway!”

Ranked #24 of 72 Restaurants in Alabaster
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Deli, Fast food
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Firehouse Subs, founded in Jacksonville, Fla. by former firefighting brothers Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen, is a 426-unit fast casual restaurant chain. Firehouse Subs® offers oversized portions of premium hand-sliced meats and cheeses, steamed to make the flavors burst, then piled high with fresh produce atop a toasted sub roll. The restaurants reflect the authentic firefighter heritage of the founding family’s 200 years of firefighting service.
Reviewed August 4, 2016

I love their subs here. They are fresh and well made. They have a good amount of hot sauces too! I think I've tried at least half of them.

Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

We shared a hook and ladder. My half was soggy otherwise ok. The large is huge, about 14 inches long. A worker came by and yanked my tray out from under me without asking. Just had enough time to grab my pickle. Would have to think about this one again.

Reviewed May 9, 2016

We were on the road on Mother's day when our 9 mo started to wake up, so we decided a lunch stop was in order. It came down to Firehouse or the place where you can get a dip cone, and dessert lost out.

Is Firehouse a chain? Yep. Are the restaurants set up for fine dining? Nope. But I have to say, the service we got, with a big happy Mother's day for my wife from the cashier, was excellent. The sandwiches are pretty darn good, too (the new sriracha one is great). Dinged a point off for dirty tables, but it was a busy lunch hour.

Reviewed February 17, 2016

Subs were really good and price was very reasonable. We have eaten there twice now and both times, hot subs were hot. Just the way I like them. We will go back.

Reviewed December 24, 2015 via mobile

Food prep is very disorganized, bag handed over was covered in Mayo (or similar) on the bottom, like I want to lay that on my car seat !

First trip for lunch took forever. Second trip with wife, they left the meat off of her sandwich. Third trip was on the house due to the second trip issue. That is when I picked up the bag covered in Mayo.

Took forever to order on the phone, on hold for 10 plus minutes. Stood in line over five minutes while they took an order from a couple ordering just two sandwiches.

They need to visit a WaWa megaplex... Adults behind the counter with an actual supervisor... Visible prep area not hidden behind an oversized counter, just like WaWa and Subway... And several ordering Kiosk, just like WaWa... And maybe we would consider giving it a try again.

Otherwise no way ever... The worst of the worst!

1  Thank aFoamerslife