“Our favourite for a light meal”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #17 of 72 Restaurants in Alabaster
Description: From focusing on quality, clean ingredients to serving our food to you in a warm and welcoming environment, Panera Bread is committed to being an ally to our guests. That means crafting a menu of soups, salads and sandwiches that we are proud to feed our families. You don't have to compromise to eat well. Whether you want to come in and enjoy a coffee and our complimentary Wi-Fi , or order online using Rapid Pick-Up so you can grab something quickly, Panera Bread Alabaster is here with warmth and welcome. Panera Bread. Food as it should be.
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Both had the Soup/Sandwich combo both of which were very good. Loved the Lemonade with Algave. Very good tomato soup.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

Stopped in for a quick bite in the evening. We both had the pick two option. Sandwich and salad. Both were fresh and were very tasty. Had not been to Panera in quite a while, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

If we are eating in at this location we typically have a good experience. However, most time we call in an order and pick it up, items are missing!

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

First time customer. I knew it was here but did not consider it for a lunch choice until I saw the commercials on TV. Pasta and salad...sounds good to me. I was able to beat the lunch crowd, I know this because it's 2 o'clock and there is still some evidence of the rush. Trash in the floor and the containers that house the used dishes was completely full. There was a guy cleaning the dining room but walking over the worst of it next to the drink machines. Just a little training issue. After about 20 minutes, another worker came out to help the same guy get the dishes. I told the cashier this was my first time. She was very friendly but didn't guide me through the process. As I was confused by the drink choices a customer told me to always go with the 99 cent pastry. Even if I eat it later. Good advice. He (the customer not the floor manager) helped with the drink machine operation. I ordered chicken tortellini alfredo and saw how you can get a half salad (again not told) so I chose the greek. I had a choice of chips, a baguette, or apple. I went with bread. And when given the 99 cent pastry choice, apparently I blew it. The food was not expensive and was very tasty and I would eat it again. I am disappointed in the lack of pasta choices but I like soups and salads so I will be back for those too. There's a patio, no drive thru so I can't grab and run. There is an online ordering system called Rapid pick-up that I might try. The wait was not long and they give you a buzzer so you can sit and wait. Overall food 9, service 8 friendly but more help needs to be offered to the newbies, cleanliness 8 not bad but reaction to messes to slow with a floor manager in place.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

What can you say about Panera that hasn't been said before? Good bread and decent sandwiches an' stuff. Typical chain approach which includes menu changes without notice. My favorite Panini sandwich was their take on the Cuban - discontinued - not coming back - why?

But today's review is about the relatively new "GUILT" button at the end of your transaction. After your card swipe, the purchase screen changes to TIP - YES or NO. The order taker asks you, looking intently into your eyes, "Do you wish to add a tip?" I want to say, "For what? Taking my order?" If I tipped anyone it would be at the pick-up station and to the folks who made and prepared my meal. That's where a tip jar should be. I always tip when I receive table service. But not for taking my order. Maybe management divvies up the tips; I'd like to know.