“Good chicken & good service ”

Champy's Famous Fried Chicken
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Alabaster
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Bar
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

We recently had lunch at Champy’s. We started with the fried jalapeño peppers and they were great...just the right amount of heat. My wife had the chicken sandwich which came with a large portion of fries. I had the chicken fingers and fries. The chicken and fries was served piping hot. The 4 chicken fingers I had were huge and delicious. The portions was so big that I couldn’t finish them. Service was also very good. We will go back when we’re in the area.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I'm from TX but come back 2 AL 2 visit family & we ALWAYS have 2 come 2 Champy's! It's not fancy but clean, friendly & fried chicken like my Granny use 2 make!!! HOT & Crispy outside, moist & tender inside! Coleslaw & okra are awesome too. It's really cleaver that they serve the cooked 2 order chicken on sliced bread 2 absorb the grease )so you don't have to) Yes, there's a bit of a wait 2 get your order but so worth it! Don't be in a hurry. Relax, savor & enjoy. I would like 2 try the catfish, that I hear is great but can't seem 2 pass up that yummy chicken. My sis & BIL love the tamales also. Prices are pretty good so it's nice if your treating folks! Go once & you'll be back!

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Informal dining that has done if the best fried chicken in the world. Tamales were very good too, service was a little slow but we weren’t in any hurry so it didn’t matter. Can’t wait to go back and try some other dishes..

Reviewed 22 January 2018

VERY long wait, staff is nice though. The fried chicken is very good, but the rest of the food we've tried is lack lusting and overpriced. And wait times, even when not busy are pretty slow.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I was very surprised at how good the food was. I just didn't like waiting so long to get it. It was on a Sunday and I will go back, but not on that particular day.