“Nicer than expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Andalusia
dallas
“Nicer than expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

My family and I traveled to AL for a funeral. We had 3 rooms. They were comfortable, well laid out and very nice. Nicer than I was expecting actually. I saw the photos on Best Western's website, but assumed they were stock photos. The rooms were updated and contemporary and the 2 Queen beds were very comfortable. Room service left a little to be desired and there was a small dead German "guest" under the coffee maker. I assume no one had cleaned under the coffeemaker in awhile. But every other surface was clean and dust free. Even the bathrooms were well kept and better than some 4 star hotels I've been in. So, the cleanliness was a mixed bag.

The rollaway bed was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever had the misfortune to sleep on. The "mattress" seemed like a piece of foam that did nothing to guard against the frame and the springs. I felt every single one of them. But after an 11 hour drive, I was tired enough to sleep on even that. The room key to one of the rooms never worked so my aunt had to switch to a different room. The price was great and an excellent value. They were also able to accommodate us with connecting rooms. The hotel was located next to a Chevron and down the street from a Wal-Mart and several grocery, pharmacy and general stores. The free breakfast was continental and had the standard muffins, bagels breads, dry cereal, juices, fruit, etc. There was also a waffle maker. Overall, this was still a very nice motel. The staff was friendly and my family was pleased with it. I would not hesitate to stay again, but I would NEVER get a rollaway again and i would check under the coffee pot. Also, please note, if you get an accessible room, as my dad did, there is no pullout sofa as seemed to be indicated on Best Western's website. It turned out not to be a problem since we just got another room, but if you were expecting a pullout sofa, you will be disappointed.

For a basic 2 star motel in a small town, and for $80/night, this BW was very good.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Valanie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

A great value! For the price we paid we received a clean, comfortable room, a good complimentary breakfast and best of all, a courteous and very friendly staff. I inadvertently left a dress, and as soon as we reached the beach I called to report the loss. A very helpful young lady called in a day or two to say they found the dress and would send it to me. I now have in my possession a dress that I never expected to see again. I am extremely impressed with the staff and service above and beyond what is usual, and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank JustPeachy47
Wetumpka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2008

I checked into the Best Western late one night when passing through. The rooms were very clean and well decorated. I was really surprised. Everything seemed brand new. Everyone was extremely friendly. We will definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank LrhWetumpka
Birmingham, Al
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2007

My two sons and I stayed here in route to Ft Walton Beach, Fl for one night. We arrived close to 9:00pm, however, the weather was warm and the boys decided to take a quick swim in the pool. The pool and surrounding area was clean. We found handy parking and a Taco Bell right next door for a quick dinner. Lots of other fast food nearby as well. Check-in was a breeze and the friendly manager had us in our room within just a few minutes. She also advised us about a special reward program they were just beginning for frequent travellers. I thought that was nice of her to mention. The beds were comfy soft with extra pillows. The room was clean and quiet. The next morning, we arrived around 8:00am for the continently breakfast provided and were greeted with a waffle maker, bagels, pastries, cereal, juices, coffee, etc. Nothing special, but enough to get us on the road to the beach. Have stayed here before and would choose it again. The rate was very affordable with the AAA discount. Be prepared to show your card.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mommybryant
Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2007

For a small Alabama town, this hotel had it all for my extended stay. The staff were excellent and provided lots of southern hospitality. The continental breakfast was great with lots of variety. The room was kept exceptionally clean and the bed was very comfortable. My only complaint was the wall unit A/C which kept the room very comfortable was very noisy, especially when it turned on in the middle of the night.

All in all, I'd stay here again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Auburn, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2006

The Best Western is by far the best hotel in town. I have stayed here numerous times on business trips. It is a clean hotel with nice employees. It has a pool that I have never swam in. I usually go there during the winter. Free highspeed internet is great. But every hotel should have this to be decent.

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank OddJob007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andalusia
6.9 km away
24.1 km away
Executive Inn Opp
Executive Inn Opp
#2 of 2 in Opp

Been to BEST WESTERN Andalusia Inn? Share your experiences!