“WONDERFUL time & BUDGET-FRIENDLY!”

Anniston Museum of Natural History
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Anniston
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We were in from VA, visiting family in the Oxford area (hubby's hometown). To pass time and for something "different", we visited the museum, as it had been many years since my husband had been here, and the first time for myself and our four tots. Although it was October, the outdoor gardens still, for the most part, were thriving w/ life! Beautiful plants, flowers, and trees - quite an array! Even a pond w/ a waterfall and fish! Upon entering the museum, we were even more amazed! Skeletons of extinct animals hung from the ceiling and a beautiful gift shop to the right. A friendly attendant checked us in and right away I was shocked by how "cheap" entry was ($6 for adults, $4 for children 3 and up, FREE below 3)! There were so many exhibits to see, "caves" to explore, and REAL mummies even!! The "scenes" for the animals were like something out of National Geographic! We ALL had a wonderful time and the kids (self,included! LOL!) were all screaming to "come back next time we come down!"

All reviews
"all ages"
in 8 reviews
"great for kids"
in 4 reviews
"little bit of everything"
"great displays"
"small city"
"two hours"
in 4 reviews
"family outing"

Reviewed 18 October 2011

I have been there several times over several years and I find that the Museum is always inspiring and clean. I would love to see new displays..The Dinasaur display was one of my children's favorite and is now their childrens favrite..My tip would be to "let the public know which displays are closed before you let a four year old know he is going to see them" The Mummy is an amazing learning display and I would love to see MORE! Overall the Museum is a great place to visit and share memories with your family and a wonderful place to take your children on "kids day out" that with picnic makes for a great day.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

The Anniston Museum of Natural History is worth a visit. It isn't very big, but they have a lot of interesting stuff. Given their size, they offered a lot of little things for younger kids to play around with.

1  Thank Ravekid