All reviews the main house fried catfish carriage house original house old victorian sliding barn door beautiful hotel chain hotels breakfast is served downtown anniston high school reunion the entire property grand ballroom an iron walk in shower made to order breakfast guest rooms
Reviewed February 13, 2018

Spent three nice nights at the Finial, in Oxford MS.. The Hotel sets up on a small hill in town surrounded by an Iron fence and approach of partially cobbled stone to the main building entrance. The Check-in is down a small side road and is co-located in a quaint stand alone building with an nice little bar. The main part of the hotel has outside doors and an elevator. The rooms were well kept and quiet with the exception of a down spout that pattered through out the rainy nights. We slept rather well but it could be disconcerting to light sleepers. The beds were fine.
Now for the exception, We were told that we would have a “Made to Order” breakfast the next day and we invited our daughter and son in law to join us, paying as we checked in for their meals in advance. Next morning they arrived and we walked to the main house. To my wife’s and my deep embarrassment there was no one there to greet us. On a counter were a couple of heat pans for a buffet with food that look like it had been there since six am and it was now eight thirty. We looked around for several minutes with no results and left. We stopped at the front counter and told the individual about the problem and requested that the payment for the extra meals be removed from our bill. We were assured it would be. We then ate a Shoneys. This hotel advertises a “Classic” breakfast unfortunately we never got to eat there even though we checked it each morning only to find a extremely dismal buffet. On one morning a person who was apparently in charge of the so called buffet just pointed and said “The foods in there” And never even stood up. We complained again to a gentleman at the front desk as we checked out and he assured us we would not be charged for the ”Extra” meals and apologized. Apologies are free and meals are not, which we had to purchase elsewhere. We felt that we should have at a minimum been credited with the cost of the uneatable meals. Arriving home we checked our bank and found the meals” cost of $33 on it. A Call to the hotel was met with the Manager is out and he will call you tomorrow. My wife and I have decided, due to the poor management and meals that this hotel will not be on our places to stay next time we visit family in the area.

Room tip: stay away from corners with down spouts if it is raining
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geatley
Reviewed January 26, 2018

This was hotel 1 of 6 hotels I'd be staying at for a week. The town is sort of dumpy but oddly has many nice buildings/businesses mixed in. This place stands out b/c its on a hill and you can see for a ways away. I was hoping they'd have balconies but they didn't because I wanted to see the sunset from the hill. The bar inside (where you also register) is beautiful! I wish I had more time to enjoy it but I was only there for 1 night. The breakfast was average - bacon biscuits eggs, etc. The room was fine but the beds were above average & that's very important to me. The only negative is that I didn't realize I was getting a connecting room & I had to hear my neighbors TV so I had to turn the fan on in the bathroom to get some background noise. The entire area is fenced in so you feel pretty safe there in spite of the fact it has outside entrances.

Room tip: ask for a room on top floor facing west. Ground floors prohibit you from leaving drapes open
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

A really nice place with some great history. Ginger and her staff have redefined the word Hospitality. We were there for a wedding and the staff really made the event special. We will definitely put this on our To-Do list next time we are in this area.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2018

Hotel Finial is a beautifully renovated Victorian home and while they have many rooms on the property, I would recommend staying in one of the three lovely suites located in the mansion. Our room was spacious and lovely as was the bathroom. The only thing that would make this property over the top perfect would be if it was located out of town on 30 acres! The owners have done an incredible job restoring this stunning "home".

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

The Carriage House is one of the most adorable “rooms” we have stayed. Everything is super clean, very well maintained, and extremely safe. The entire property is gated.

The bathroom accessories are second to none. The towels were thick and soft. Plenty of soap, etc.

There is a very cool bar on the property. The gentleman that checked us in, also the bartender, was very pleasant.

Trip type: Travelled on business