“Have never had a bad day at wind creek”

and 1 more site!
Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Atmore
Reviewed 4 July 2011

After reading the negative reviews I just had to write. The only problem I have with wind creek is you have to go to the club for entry in some drawings.

I have stayed at Wind Creek many times. Making reservations has always been easy. If there is no comp room avaible for my level and there are gold and platinum rooms available the rooms have been offerd to me as an upgrade. I always take the platinum upgrade. It is a two room suite and worth every penny of the $75 charge. The hotel staff are always very helpfull.

The grill and buffet has never dispointed me. The food has always been good,

Now for the gaming! Wind creek is just like any other casino. There are times when you will lose. It was the only casino that I actually won money. My end of year statment surprised me, it showed that I had actually made money last year. It was not much, but it made wy wife happy, she thought we had lost money last year.

I go to casinos like wind creek to have fun. I enjoy watching how people play the machines and of course I like hitting a jackpot when it happens. I really enjoy watching someone palying one credit per line when they get a BONUS and the bonus round pays them over sometimes well over a $100. Some people really get excited, a have seen one person actually crying. I have also watched a person playing a penny machine at one credit per line actually make over $1000.. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT WIND CREEK HAS FIXED THE MACHINES AS ONE INDIVIDUAL WROTE. I you cannot afford to lose then you should not be playing. Remember you are taking a chance when you gamble.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank mkozem
WindCreekCasino, Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Wind Creek would like to thank you for your review and feedback, however, we did want to make sure to make you aware of one recent change Wind Creek has made in their promotional drawing process, currently, you simply have to swipe your CLUB card at the orange promotional kiosk set up across our casino floor on the day of the promotional drawing, this activates your entries into that days current promotional drawing. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your time at Wind Creek and we hope you come back to visit with us soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2011

Okay went before solo,told you of the thin wall and the toilet not working. After I wrote my review,spokesmen from wind creek responded. So I give this hotel the benefit of the doubt and return with my daughter and niece.I LOSS a lot of money,the machines are set up to take donation.This is just a entertaining lounge.And yes the walls are thin,the rooms are clean and the pool is nice,but the hotel should be for college kid,coming home on that summer fun or kids party....But Miss who responded last time, I know you need your job,but a lie is a sin.....

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
13  Thank willy251
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed at the casino 4 nights over Memorial Day weekend. We were traveling from the North and meeting up with family for a reunion of sorts. In reviewing their website and online reviews, I was expected to be impressed, however their overall setup really is beyond all measure. We have stayed in some exceptional locations, including visits to Four Seasons and Westin properties, and Wind River has them beat in quality, service, cleanliness, and decor.

Due to remodeling and many things being closed on Sundays and Memorial Day, Taste Buffet was the primary restaurant, and offered adequate and quality meals. We did not have an opportunity to check out the The Grill and Fire. If there is a fault here, I'd say it is very limited on breakfast options-twice we went to Hardies for tolerable coffee. And it's somewhat unclear how anyone can live without a Bloody Mary or Mimosa on Sunday morning, but given the state is dry on Sundays, I guess they find a way...not a fault of the property, but what a bummer.

The casino itself offered a wide variety of well maintained gaming machines, and we won more than enough to offset the investment overall. Often not so lucky at other casinos. Their service is outstanding, and the training for all their roles must be intense...I've not experienced overall exceptional customer service such as Wind Creek offers outside of the Nordstrom family.

We plan on several trips in the next couple of years, and always intend to stay at Wind Creek.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Fussytrvler
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The trip was a total joke. Everybody plays big, but nobody wins. Although the place seemed clean enough, my dealings with the staff in the game rooms seem much to be desired. Somehow there some kind of absurd policy that you can "hold" machines without playing them for hours at a time. All you have to do is prop a chair against the machine and leave you card in. This is advocated by the management staff and causes much confusion and disagreements with patrons. This is the dumbest policy that ever heard of.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
20  Thank tyez1
WindCreekCasino, Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

We deeply regret that you feel this way about your trip to Wind Creek. We have many winners each day, this represented by our jackpot light and music show, as well as our running counter of daily, month to date and year to date jackpot totals and winners that we display on our screens throughout the casino. Our machine hold is more of a perk offered to our loyal card holders rather than a policy. We offer our Gold and Platinum card holders a benefit to hold 1 game per day up to 2 hours, this is likely what you are referring to. Since these card holders have gained their card status thru points earned w/ their play, we feel it is important to offer them priveleges and benefits, and the machine holding is considered one of those. We are sorry that you disagree w/ this, however, it has been a welcomed benefit from our card holders.

Reviewed 23 June 2011

We were 1st timers and rented a room at the hotel - they gave us Room 1612, which is on one of the two Platinum Floors. We paid $189 for the corner room - it was BEAUTIFUL and spotlessly clean. The bed was the stuff dreams are made of... so comfortable and clean feeling and smelling. The bathroom was awesome - big walk in glass shower with double shower heads and a huge dressing room area. There were two giant flatscreen TVs in the room as well. If I had one thing negative to say, it would be that the coffee maker is single cup, but the coffee they give you for it is really good. These folks don't skrimp on anything. You get quite a lot for your money.

We didn't win anything at all in the casino, but we didn't care. We ate at the buffet, "Taste" for lunch and it was super. $22 for two of us to eat. Then that night we ate at the fancy restaurant there - "Fire". Now folks, let me tell you what - from start to finish, that was an amazing adventure. The service was exemplary (ask for Helen), and the food was absolutely heavenly. I got the prime rib and hubby got the seared yellowfin tuna. At the first bite, we just kind of stopped, looked at each other, and then were lost in the taste sensations. It's a little pricey, but do yourself a huge favor, and eat there! I promise you won't leave hungry or disappointed in any way.

We might not go back for the gambling - neither of us are much for that kinda thing - but for the hotel rooms and the food, yep, we'll be back! :)

Have fun - you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Call them directly.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jaydee665
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I was there April 30 for 3 days Great Time...You ask how GREAT!!! Well I will be there today around Lunch for another GREAT TIME at Wind Creek. 6/16/2011

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
16  Thank cordell56
Reviewed 11 May 2011

im all about cleanliness. This place was SUPER clean. Felt comfortable and the beds were AWESOME. This was first time being at a casino and i loved it! Even though my friends and i felt like we were the youngest people there (21-23) it was still cool. The food was FABULOUS and the gift shop was really blahhhh. It was very easy to get there from atlanta. Overall i love this place! Oh and i won 500 dollars on my first try ever!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank neka525
WindCreek, Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience and stay details !! We are glad to hear that you and your friends had an enjoyable time and hope that you come back to stay w/ us soon---and win again!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atmore
0.5 km away
39.2 km away
Log Cabin Inn
Log Cabin Inn
#1 of 2 in Bay Minette

Been to Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore? Share your experiences!