“Not a Real Casino!”

and 1 more site!
Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Atmore
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We did not stay in the hotel. We were traveling back from Mobile and stopped to play in the casino a while (might have stayed if we were having fun). I knew it was only slots, but it was very crowded and the were tons on penny slots( penny slots?) and very little of anything else. Don't waste your time, go to Mississippi to a real casino.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
21  Thank Kimbosold1

Reviewed 18 February 2012

My cousin go over every couple of months for a good time and good food. We are never disappointed! We usually spend the night, a good way to spend quality time with my cousin and catch up. The rooms are immaculate and we sleep like babies, as the beds are like nests. We have never been disappointed all the times we have went and we have been there plenty! So if someone doesn't have a good time I can't help but feel they are complainers. I understand things will go wrong at any place you stay but you have to let them know and have a chance to correct it. We quit going to Biloxi because we enjoy Windcreek more. Biloxi does give us more free play and comps but we seem to win more at Windcreek. So go and enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank Wanda F
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We recently had a 2 night stay at resort and had a great time, the friendliest resort staff we have ever encountered, rooms amazing, beds so comfy, and the decor is beautiful, not much luck in casino but thank you Wind Creek we will be back!

Room Tip: 15th floor is awesome!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 233Davo
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Stayed at Wind Creek on a Saturday and Sunday night. We play at Creek Casino Wetumpka regularly so we had a promo for a free night and this was our first visit to Wind Creek Atmore.

Upon checkin, we were asked if we had a room location preference, which was quite considerate. our room was on the seventh floor with a lovely view of the lakes. We were presented with a choice of three different fragrances for our toiletries. Rooms are large and tastefully decorated, and the small fridge was a nice amenity. The bathroom has a huge shower with double heads, and the toilet is in a small area with its own door for privacy.

The selection of slot machines was quite good. Our luck was up and down, and we walked away completely even! We have always had good luck at Wetumpka, and it was no different here. This was quite possibly the cleanest casino we've ever seen, and their air filtration system must be the best you can get. Walking back to our room we noticed that they have added a separate smoke free slots room but we didn't check it out. Cocktail waitresses came by frequently enough and had a pleasant attitude.

The buffet was pretty good, but not quite worth the full price if you don't have a comp. Good variety and everything was fresh and piping hot. We didn't explore other dining options, but walking past, we thought that the smaller casual place looked like a better option if you don't want the variety of a buffet.

All staff were friendly and very helpful and respectful. They were among the most polite I've ever encountered in a casino and hotel. As the night got later, I must have dropped my (brand new and very expensive) cell phone and some honest soul turned it in to security, who called my husbands number and informed him that they would locate us on the casino floor and bring it to us. They were very polite and professional it, and whoever you are, Mr. or Mrs. Honest Person, thank you for turning in my phone. It should have been long gone, and it was incredible that it actually showed up.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank PistolPie
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Wind Creek Casino & Hotel is awesome. I go often and the first time I stayed in a room I thought I was in heaven, the beds are the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. It is like home away from home. The rooms are big, the staff is so friendly and the hotel is quiet and very comfortable. My husband is not a gambler so he is so comfortable just staying in the room reading while getting away from it all. The food is great and we just have a good time everytime we go. You will not be wrong by picking this hotel for the evening. Great times and the casino has a wide variety of slots.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank cjotobin
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I live in the area and use the Casino often. I have always found the staff excellent, nothing is ever too much trouble. The slot machines are FINE, sometimes you win, sometimes you loose, it all depends on how and when you play. If you go into the Casino expecting to win millions and Don't. Well that's why it's called Gambling. Sore losers should not be gambling in the first place.
I have stayed at the Hotel and found it Excellent. clean, neat, quiet,. the hotel has everything any other decent hotel should have. the spa is wonderful, I have used it for massages . The pool, nice,
Strange that the only poor comments about the hotel and casino are from people who lost their money. I say if you don't like losing. don't gamble. but if you'd like a nice weekend away from home with a little gambling and a little pampering. go to Wind Creek . Oh and the Fire Restaurant is magnificent, and the buffet is really good food too.

Room Tip: I have been here for both business and just to gamble. enjoyed both experiences
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank kanukgirl
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The Casino, really should not be classed as such, is the biggest scam on the Gulf Coast. The payout is poor, don't visit this Reservation expecting to win anything. Reservation is a Great term for the place being that you are in bondage attempting to get your winnings or just break even. The comps are a joke. $5 in free play to customers indebted by $1000s No room (discount) not quite enough to pay for a meal. No cheap gifts until you spend $100; for a cup? What a joke. The cash/change machines are always broken, long lines, just when winnings happen your slot machine needs servicing. When you lose, they shut te machines down. They are so rude, they will cash you out if you don't move fast enough. I will never return to the Wind Creek; these are crooks. Exploiting the public at large.

• Stayed: November 2011
20  Thank balady42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atmore
0.5 km away
39.2 km away
Log Cabin Inn
Log Cabin Inn
#1 of 2 in Bay Minette

Been to Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore? Share your experiences!