New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Auburn

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Auburn
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
Virginia
“Between I-85 and Auburn University”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

The Holiday Inn Express is located after you exit I-85 between the exit ramp and Auburn University. There are a few hotels on this stretch but most of them are of the lower tier properties like Sleep Inn, Quality Inn, Econo Lodge and Microtel. I chose the Holiday Inn Express sight unseen and was glad I did after seeing the area. The hotel exterior was inviting and clean. I enjoyed seeing a flowering magnolia as I pulled up.

I had made reservations for two night. I planned to make the 11 hour trip in two days but after making better than expected time I called the hotel to see if I can extend the stay one night. I very pleasant attendant, Lauren, was happy to extend my stay at my request.

It was a very busy weekend with a graduation for Tuskegee University. The only room with two beds I could find was a king suite for $179 per night. It was a nice room but not worth the price. But, the room was clean and served its purpose for my three nice stay.

Breakfast was included and was more than adequate. There was a mixture of hot and cold food. But, breakfast ends at an early 9:30. A few minutes before the ending the maids begin congregating in the hallway like buzzards who circle a new born calf waiting for left overs. They each grab a plate, fill it up and take it god knows where. Customers should not have to see that.

Most front desk attendants were informative and nice. But, during the later night hours they tended to migrate to the breakfast area where they watch the big screen TV. They seem put out to stop watching Harry Potter to have to go back to the desk to answer the phone. They could improve on customer service by simply being where the customer needs them the most, the front desk.

There were some bumps as outlined but it really is a nice property in a wonderful location close to both I-85 and Auburn University. I would not hesitate staying there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

This Holiday Inn express is a really good value, close enough to campus, clean, safe and the two times I have stayed there I have found the staff super helpful. You can't go wrong with this hotel in Auburn.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Chesterton, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

My family of 5 stayed here and had a great stay. We had a suite with 2 queens and a pull out sofa bed. The room was clean and there was plenty of hot water for our showers. The breakfast was very good and the staff was very helpful. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while visited the University for the weekend. As expected, the staff were very friendly and the hotel was clean. We were very pleased with our stay and will be selecting this location when we return to Auburn for our kids' events while they attend college. Great breakfast and overall value.

Stayed December 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Newer, clean, and well kept rooms. The staff there is always accommodating in true "southern hospitality" style. Nothing fancy but a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side away from the street are quieter but I've stay in both with no proble...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I am currently staying at the Holiday Inn Express. I am enjoying the staff, the breakfast and the happy hour. This is a great place to stay if you want to feel like your at home.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Delaware
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

We've come to expect a higher standard from Holiday Inn Express than this location offered. It was very noisy with highway noise. To be fair, most hotels were in the same area so maybe the problem was not unique to this motel but it seemed very little insulation was used to mask traffic sound.

We were surprised at the condition of the furniture-seemed it was scuffed more than was acceptable. Most surprisingly was that the 2 towels had holes in them.

The breakfast was great and all employees we encountered were very nice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business