“Reasonable and tasty”

Sushi Raku
Ranked #33 of 94 Restaurants in Agoura Hills
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 28 February 2017

A small Japanese restaurant that has sushi and traditional Japanese dishes. My wife typically has sushi and likes it, I have the chicken, seafood or steak dishes. Food is good, not great, but nothing has ever been bad. Service is average, but never rude or arrogant. I think they work with a small serving staff. But their miso, salad and sauces are consistently tasty. And their prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

The restaurant sushi is good when it's good but can be inconsistent. We have had good meals here and below average meals. May depend upon whether or not the fish is fresh so I would avoid late into the weekend. The chef will make custom dishes for you and the staff has always been friendly. Wish they were more consistent in the delivery of really fresh sushi.

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

A place for good sushi. The service is only ok, but the sushi is fresh, generous, and tasty. The blue fin toro from Spain is our favorite. And the BSCR roll is also very good.

1  Thank BeachCityJeni
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I've been going here for years and the fish is always fresh. The sushi chefs can create dishes for you, or you can order from their extensive menu of rolls and dinner entrees.

1  Thank oakpark99
Reviewed 29 April 2016

We've been here for lunch a couple of times and it was OK. We just went for dinner and it was horrible. Sushi was mediocre. Salmon skin roll was tough and funky tasting; it kept coming back to haunt us all night. The worst was a "miso black cod" dinner. Every miso black cod I've ever had has been buttery, soft, and yummy. This was definitely not: two thin slices (I've never seen it like that which makes me wonder what it really was) of tough and tasteless fish served with barely cooked veggies and steamed rice. Would have sent it back but it wasn't worth the hassle. The chefs behind the sushi bar mostly look surly and angry. As for service, we were brought food that belonged to other tables 3 (three!!) times. Won't be back.