“Great spot, especially for a large party. ”

Plata Taqueria & Cantina
Ranked #14 of 104 Restaurants in Agoura Hills
Description: #1 Mexican Restaurant in Ventura County At Plata Taqueria & Cantina we pride ourselves on creating a community atmosphere while serving culinary creations and libations utilizing the freshest of ingredients. Plata is a family-owned restaurant that will offer non-traditional and uniquely inspired Mexican food. We offer original Mexican dishes made from scratch each day. House made tortillas, guacamole, tamales, and sauces that will transport you.
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

11 of us came in for dinner. Staff was awesome. Table was waiting. Drinks and chips came out quickly. They were able to get everyone's dinner order out quickly and correctly. Great traditional selections are available. Try the broccoli!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I love all of the different twists to Mexican food, especially the cauliflower Spa nachos! You have to try the Blackberry Sage Margarita, it is so delicious. Plenty of chips on the table and they are addicting! Very family-friendly, one of our favorites.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love this restaurant been here quite a few times go for happy hour frequently the service is always on point and the food is fabulous! best street tacos I’ve had anywhere! Also they have a very unique ceviche that is one of my favorites chopped ahi tuna, mango and jicama such a good combination can’t wait to go back again. Also Amanda at the bar is the bomb sweetest girl great bartender!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed March 19, 2018

I have eaten here at lunch with my BBF and dinner with my HH. Both times the food was delicious~some of the best Mexican food around. Service was very good. We will be returning.
Both times we ordered the Guacamole Ranchero which has bacon, corn and pepitas. It was excellent. For lunch we both had the 3 tacos~the best were the carnitas and camarones tacos. Dinner was even better than lunch. I had the Chamorro De Cordero which is a wonderful lamb shank in a flavorful sauce. My HH had a grilled skirt steak and mole enchiladas. The mole was the best I ever tasted.
The margaritas were good but we didn’t like that there were no prices on the menu for them. Our server talked my HH into having the Tamarindo one which ended up costing $21 instead of the Plata one which was $11.50. My HH drank it but ordered a regular on for his 2nd.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 20, 2018

Friend of mine suggested Plata Tagueria in Agoura Hills. Place is right next to the Canyon Club in a strip mall. Food and service were very good. Fresh guacamole was excellent and the menu has lots of good choices (tacos, burittos, various specials). East and free parking and they have a full bar too. Overall was very good food at a reasonable price, with excellent service. Definitely recommend this place.

Date of visit: January 2018