“Horrible ”
Review of Applebee's

Ranked #187 of 259 Restaurants in Alameda
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Horrible, we have eaten here b4 & never had a problem, we walked in & the hostess said oh I'm going on break & walks away & sits down with her friend right by the hostess station & gets on here phone & doesn't even tell anybody we just walked in then this guy comes by & starts calling another name never even acknowledge me so I raised my voice b4 he walked away & put my name down. Then we sit down & the waiter tells us there's no steak or baked potatoes I was like really you guys are concerned a steak house & he's like yeah I'm in shock too some other customers walked out people want steak & your gonna tell me you can't go next door to the grocery store to buy steak & potatoes?? Then we ordered drinks they didn't have any of the popular alcohol drinks so we just ordered water. Then when we were waiting for the food & I'm looking around there's the hostess from the start still sitting down & talking to her friend & the guy tells her to help she starts laughing & making faces. They need to hire a whole new staff & start over & actually have a supervisor supervising them never again will we come back.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

Overall - good food, nice staff, slow service. I have to give the value 4 stars because they do have a nice range of lo calorie choices, for chicken, fish and beef. Service was slow but rather than rate it "poor" I'm giving 3 stars there, Average, because the people were very courteous.

Was at this Appleby's recently on a Friday night. Although they didn't appear to be overly busy for a Friday night, there was a short wait to be seated. A family was waiting before us. We waited longer for someone to come and take our name, overall about 10 minutes. That isn't a lot but there were empty tables visible throughout the restaurant. It looked like there may have been a rush earlier and perhaps they were short some people. I asked how it was going and the server just said they'd been busy. It was slow but just this side of long waits throughout the ordering, getting beverages, then ordering and getting food.

The food was good though, and everyone was very courteous and nice. We had a steak salad and a sandwich and a couple drinks. Both were prepared well and what we expected for Appleby's. So, I give it a 3, the food was what we expected, the service overall was slow, but everyone working there was very nice.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Food getting a table for one easy. Seated promptly. Restaurant was nice and busy. Service was less than desirable. I order boneless wings which were very nice as a starter, however before I was even close to finished the waiter brought my main. I like to enjoy my food and this was rushed. Shame as the food was good.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

At my parents suggestion, we returned to Applebees for dinner after an afternoon at the movies. What a difference three years makes. Upon entering the establishment we were immediately uncomfortable because of the cool temperature of the building. We were seated away from the door but still had goosebumps. The restaraunt was busy so service a bit slow. The ordered french onion soup and artichoke dip never arrived until we reminded the waiter-he apologized and admitted it had been ordered with our dinners. When we did receive the soup, the cheese on top was hot but the broth was luke warm. Two of our dinners had to be returned because they were also lukewarm and an additional replacement meal returned because it, too, was cold! We were comped for the additional rejected meal and my mom left without dinner. We were given an additional 10% off of our bill for the lackluster food that was eaten. I feel the manager should have comped for all of the lukewarm meals especially since my parent left having eaten nothing! What a disappointing end to our day-

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

I came with my daughter because we were running errands. The service was cool and wings were awesome. Parking was accessible. We will be back for dinner.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!