“Average Everyday Food”

Applebee's
Ranked #181 of 282 Restaurants in Alameda
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 22, 2017

This is your everyday restaurant to grab a quick bite while catching up with friends. The service was good but really efficient. Food came out at different times instead at the same time for people in the group. The spiniich dips with chips was an excellent choice as an appetizer to share.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

If you like Applebee's then you will like it here. The Boneless Buffalo Wings were very good. Our waitress was Kayla and she was attentive as well as sweet. We went in after doing some shopping in the center and it was a good end to the day. The food is not outstanding but as I said, it is just like any other Applebee's. The appetizer and entrée deals are the way to go right now and makes dinner for 2 very reasonable.

Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

Horrible, we have eaten here b4 & never had a problem, we walked in & the hostess said oh I'm going on break & walks away & sits down with her friend right by the hostess station & gets on here phone & doesn't even tell anybody we just walked in then this guy comes by & starts calling another name never even acknowledge me so I raised my voice b4 he walked away & put my name down. Then we sit down & the waiter tells us there's no steak or baked potatoes I was like really you guys are concerned a steak house & he's like yeah I'm in shock too some other customers walked out people want steak & your gonna tell me you can't go next door to the grocery store to buy steak & potatoes?? Then we ordered drinks they didn't have any of the popular alcohol drinks so we just ordered water. Then when we were waiting for the food & I'm looking around there's the hostess from the start still sitting down & talking to her friend & the guy tells her to help she starts laughing & making faces. They need to hire a whole new staff & start over & actually have a supervisor supervising them never again will we come back.

Reviewed January 16, 2017

Overall - good food, nice staff, slow service. I have to give the value 4 stars because they do have a nice range of lo calorie choices, for chicken, fish and beef. Service was slow but rather than rate it "poor" I'm giving 3 stars there, Average, because the people were very courteous.

Was at this Appleby's recently on a Friday night. Although they didn't appear to be overly busy for a Friday night, there was a short wait to be seated. A family was waiting before us. We waited longer for someone to come and take our name, overall about 10 minutes. That isn't a lot but there were empty tables visible throughout the restaurant. It looked like there may have been a rush earlier and perhaps they were short some people. I asked how it was going and the server just said they'd been busy. It was slow but just this side of long waits throughout the ordering, getting beverages, then ordering and getting food.

The food was good though, and everyone was very courteous and nice. We had a steak salad and a sandwich and a couple drinks. Both were prepared well and what we expected for Appleby's. So, I give it a 3, the food was what we expected, the service overall was slow, but everyone working there was very nice.

Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Food getting a table for one easy. Seated promptly. Restaurant was nice and busy. Service was less than desirable. I order boneless wings which were very nice as a starter, however before I was even close to finished the waiter brought my main. I like to enjoy my food and this was rushed. Shame as the food was good.