“Better on weekdays”

Gordo
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Albany
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 25, 2016 via mobile

Gordos has been my favorite burrito place for years. Flavors all blend wonderfully- no bad choices, I generally order the chicken or carnitas . Have noticed that on weekends there is a different crew and that the burritos are a little sloppy
But still worth the lines- best burritos in the Bay area

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

Have been a regular customers for twenty plus years. Food is pretty good. Service has been on a steady decline this past year.was their yesterday (Saturday) before the rush. The guy making our burritos had an attitude that was so incredibly rude. Mr macho, little guy. First burrito. Did not ask for hot sauce, he got mad , threw it in the trash,then he started another , steamed it to much, tried fixing the cheese. Took an arrogant attitude. This time we decided to walk out. This guy should not be waiting on customers . I hope whoever owns this business reads this and takes note. I will not return till I see or hear of a change in the way customers are treated.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 12, 2016

Gordon's is an institution. Lines out the door at lunch and dinner. Why I don't know. If the food is mediocre does it make a difference that there's a lot of it? Have never understood the appeal. Uncomfortable seats, an indifferent if not surly attitude, and lardy food don't make for a great dining experience. Those who speak Spanish and review this restaurant elsewhere note the disdain with which the food prep guys speak about their customers, especially the female ones. There's a nicer spot with similar cuisine up the street, and down the street for that matter.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed September 7, 2016

I have been eating at the various Gordon's around the bay area for over 18 years. The one on Solano is pretty good. I visited this past Sunday night, at 6:30, and they had one guy working the line. It took half an hour to get a taco, and a burrito. The reason I go here is that they are one of the few establishments who make a good crispy taco. The servers can run hot or cold. Some are quite nice, others, rush you and seem to have an issue with what you have ordered. Case in point: " I said no beans." I understand that all the orders most likely run together after doing this all day, but there's no need to get attitudinal with me because I had to remind you 3 times about no beans. On more than one occasion I have bitten down on a bone fragment in the chicken. Their prices, especially for the beef, have seriously gone up. I feel this is due to the hipster clientele who now consider it cool to eat here. Also, they take phone orders first. If I've been standing in line for 20 minutes and someone calls while I'm in line, then they casually stroll in and you wait on them before me? Not cool. Bottom line: Great tacos, though over priced. Good service, depending on who is on the line. Hire additional staff.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 25, 2016

I eat at this place regularly. People are gruff but the food is good. I usually get the super burrito. Nothing totally amazing, but always consistently good.

Date of visit: August 2016