“Awesome Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2017

We go to Cugini's almost weekly and love everything about this place, the food, service and atmosphere are all wonderful. We have never had a bad meal here. Can't wait to go this week.

Reviewed May 10, 2017

Some family members really like Cugini, and I go along, especially if someone else is paying. But I was paying this most recent time, and it was so noisy, I spent most of the evening asking “what?” because I couldn’t hear the other three people in our party. Turning my hearing aids off helped, but not that much.

And the food wasn’t that good. The chicken in my chicken caesar salad was salty, and the veggy pizza tasted weird. I hope to never set foot in Cugini again.

Reviewed April 27, 2017

Solano Avenue is "true Berkeley" with many independent stores inviting a stroll after dinner, but it's away from the UC Campus and the less inviting aspects of downtown Berkeley.

Cugini is worth a drive (there's ample street parking.) Excellent Italian food crisped in a wood-fired oven. The wait staff are there when you need them, but otherwise melt into the background so you can enjoy a pleasant chat.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

the food was very good. the menu is a bit small but all things on there are just deliciously made.
the waiters are very friendly and forthcoming.
would totally come back here again.

Reviewed February 12, 2017

Just "discovered" Gugini, not realizing that this gem has been on Solano for 20 years! Went with family on the recommendation of a friend and we were not disappointed. In spite of very crowded Saturday evening, restaurant staff was attentive and efficient. Food arrived hot, perfectly prepared, within a reasonable time. Semifreddi's bread was fresh and delicious. House Cab was excellent, a bargain at $7. The place was a bit noisy, but atmosphere bordered on festive. All in all, a great experience, one that we will repeat well before the next 20 years.