“Cute place but...”

Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Albany
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here several times. The ambience is cool. Lots of old time pictures and objects. Good choices on the menu and restaurant willing to adjust. The wait was not bad at all - really. The food was ok. Most prices around $15 an entree. It was at times hard to get a server to the table. Regarding the food: The Huevos ranchero was gloppy. The chicken was a bit tough. The staff friendly. Would I get back? Not sure but willing to go again.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

I've eaten here hundreds of times. Meals are large, nourishing and old fashion. Everything made in their own kitchen. Fresh scones with lemon curd, great pancakes, and breakfast omelets etc. Service is warm and friendly, very fast and responsive. Occasionally too busy to hang out though.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are here this morning.

The atmosphere is great. In many ways it looks like the inside of an old 1950s environment.

I ordered plain pancakes, but the waitress brought me blueberry pancakes. I hate blueberry pancakes. Shen then brought me regular pancakes.

I have to say that the pancakes didn’t have much flavor.

Royal Cafe has lots of great reviews, and it is always crowded there. Sorry to say, but I will not be returning.

Reviewed May 18, 2018

We loved Royal Cafe for breakfast. "The Solano" was a terrific scrambled egg dish, and the Greek omelette -- stuffed with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and feta -- was equally superb. Real home fries, and choice of above-ordinary toast or homemade muffin or scone bathed in lemon curd accompanied the entrees.

The decor will make Boomers swoon: You'll find a large collection of old radios, lunchboxes, jukeboxes, photos, and other 50s memorabilia adorning the place.

Open seven days a week.

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

Here for breakfast, two of us had bacon and eggs...the bacon is cured in house, and if you live bacon, is not to be missed! They make killer muffins as well, today it was mixed berry. There is also a selection of toasts from local bakeries. Our third person had the cinnamon swirl french toast and fruit. Piled high with berries and bananas, it was amazing, served with real maple syrup. Great decor with old radios and memorabilia!