“Absolutely delightful!”

Imperial Hotel & Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dating from 1879, the historic Imperial Hotel in Amador City offers casual elegance in indoor and patio dining to visitors and local residents alike. This family-owned and operated establishment takes pride in featuring organic, locally grown produce, fresh meats and sustainably harvested fish and seafood. The menu varies with the seasons and honors the simple goodness of the ingredients in the tradition of the finest California cuisine. » Sample Dinner Menu Dinner at Imperial Hotel Amador City The Oasis Bar at the Imperial Hotel is an experience in itself with its antique barstools, old gaslights and creaky floorboards. The bar is stocked with a large selection of spirits and California and imported wines and beers. The wine list features a careful selection of award-winning local wines. Happy Hour on Wednesdays from 5 - 6:30 pm, a mix of locals and tourists enjoying hors d'oeuvres and camaraderie ... in the Oasis Bar. Dinner - Tues-Sun, starting at 5 pm Brunch - Saturday and Sunday 9:30 - 2:30
Reviewed June 30, 2018

So glad we chose to have dinner here. The food was delicious, the service was friendly, and we loved the feel of this old hotel. Their prices are very reasonable and the portions are generous. We normally don't eat dessert, but after looking at the menu, the waitress told us about the homemade pear ice cream with caramel brittle and we had to try it. Wow...have never had pear ice cream, but we almost licked the bowl. A local woman makes it for them and it's a must...totally decadent. We will definitely go back when we're in the area again. Thanks for a great evening!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 22, 2018

This is a great place with both indoor and outdoor seating in a very small town near Sutter Creek. The food and drinks were terrific and the service was first rate. We went on a Sunday evening so it was fairly quiet but still there were a number of tables full with locals. I would recommend that you check times and make reservations as it is a kind of small place (not for the arear). As we were walking in I asked a local family eating outside what was good and they said the lamb and gumbo and they were right on both counts. Although that had a number if other dishes that looked and smelled great.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 2, 2018

By our best estimates this year was the 14th year we have returned to the Imperial Hotel. It all started when our daughter enrolled at the University of the Pacific in Stockton and we decided we preferred to stay in Amador County wine country rather than Stockton while visiting her.

That daughter, her younger sister, their significant others and some of their friends, plus a few of our friends, managed to occupy all 9 of the rooms including the three large suites across the street. Most years we can only fill the six rooms in the hotel but our annual trek each spring has become so popular that we outdid ourselves this year.

Of course I am biased. I love old hotels. The creaky floor boards are music to my ears. Sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine overlooking Route 49, listening to the chirping frogs, hearing the cries of the hawks in the sky, the occasional warbling of wild turkeys are all so peaceful. Some people want to fall asleep to waves crashing on the beach. I will take gurgling creeks and frogs any day.

Over the years I have concluded that this hotel is not for everyone. There is no elevator. There is no phone. There is no TV. But there is hot coffee in the hallway every morning at 7:00 am and a hot breakfast served each day like a B&B.

Frankly I just as soon keep this place to myself. It is a great launching off point for visiting the local wineries and for getting to Sutter Creek and to Plymouth for its variety of restaurants.As this area increases in popularity I am sure new hotels and B&B's will open. Regardless of that "progress", we will be here. There is a reason why every year we come back.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 15, 2018

We dined at the IOmperial hotel with friends. Just a few tables and a relatively brief selection of appetizers and main dishes. However, everything we ordered was expertly prepared and nicely served. We shared several appetizers and all of us loved them. I particularly remember a pokr roast that was simply divine. I had been disappointed in pork dishes in recent years: most were dry, chewy and testaeless. This roast was rich, succulent and full of flavor. We also had a delicious bottle of 1850 Zinfandel, that clearly enriched our dinner.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 12, 2018

My go to restaurant with family or friends. Wonderful food, appetizers and desserts. Friendly staff and quiet atmosphere. Full bar and wine service.

Date of visit: July 2017