“This place is awsome!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed October 27, 2017

Just had lunch and a lemon curd custard. It was spectacular. Glad we don't live nearby, I would weigh 400 pounds. Could not believe the foot traffic while we were having lunch. Every time we eat here, we think it is the best time! Trust me , you can't go wrong here!

Reviewed October 16, 2017

It's a miracle that this place can stay afloat in a little hamlet like Amador City; but the secret is that every restaurant within 25 miles serves their breads and pastries. Unbelievably delicate, artistic, flavorful, and addicting. Sandwiches for lunch on the road; pastries and coffee to start the day; and snacks for the road. Its mobbed from the minute it opens, but every single item is a temptation; and old-world stalwarts will celebrate this sign of emerging american excellence in the bread and pastry realm. I have not checked to see if they have a nationally ranked pastry book out yet, but it would not surprise me. Sadly, they have not yet made the final decision on whether to open a Place in Chico California. but stay tuned!

Reviewed October 14, 2017

Always like to come here when we are up there visiting. There bakery choices are out of this world! They also have a great deli with already made sandwiches and you won't be dissapointed. Opens on Thursdays to Sunday during the slow time of year

Reviewed October 2, 2017

We moved here over 20 years ago, and I was initially concerned because I love bread and there was no good bread anywhere around here. I was so happy when Andrae's opened. This place is wonderful. Our family goes there at least once a week. The breads are delicious, be it the sourdough, the blue cheese walnut loaf, the baguettes, and the special bread that Matt makes for holidays. The pies, cookies, tarts, and other sweets are wonderful. Over the years, various pizzas have been offered, and one of my favorite foods is the potato pie. They also sell sandwiches, cheeses, charcuterie and other yummy things for a nice lunch. This place is well worth driving out of your way to visit.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

I worked in an artisanal bakery that was pretty good, this is better

I was at a vintage trailer rally in Plymouth and had to await the return of staff from their annual vacation. It was worth the wait

I got the blue cheese/walnut bread, but there were lots of choices. And breakfast rolls and cheeses. Great crust

Nice places to sit outside

Staff that really went out of the way to serve