“ABSOLUTE PERFECTION”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Disneyland
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter and I were at Disneyland this November and had 6:00 pm reservations for dinner at Steakhouse 55 which is located in the Disneyland Hotel. We arrived fifteen minutes early to check in and hung out in the bar area for less than ten minutes and were seated before our reservation time. I ordered the 16 ounce prime rib, a small Ceaser salad and a mac and cheese side. Everything is ala carte at this restaurant. I ordered the prime rib done medium and it was done perfectly. It arrived hot, moist, tender and deliciously flavored. The prime rib was lightly marbled and it had a slight crust on the outer edge with terrific seasoning. The prime rib came with creamed horse radish and au jus. The salad was perfect as well. Served crisp and cold with a house made dressing. The other side that was ordered was the Mac and cheese. Delicious and cheesy. My daughter had sea bass for dinner and said it was very, very good. I tried the creme brûlée duo for dessert. This was a chocolate brûlée and a maple brûlée served side by side with three assorted dessert cookies. This as well was delicious. The service was what one would expect from a high end Disney restaurant. It was not rushed, yet efficient, friendly and informative. Dinner for two plus tip was $180 +. Would definitely come back again.

Reviewed November 7, 2018

Steakhouse 55 is overpriced and overrated. Some diners are lulled into thinking because it's Disney and the steak costs $50 it has to be five stars. When paying the inflated Disney prices one shouldn't have to ask for drink refills and listen to the conversation at the next table because of the "fishbowl" atmosphere in the restaurant. The food is good, but not exceptional. There are much better places to dine in and around Disneyland.

Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

Visiting Disneyland for the first time ever and my hubs and I have a tradition at WDW to eat somewhere “nice” at Disney on our first night. Of the main three “nice” restaurants at DL we chose to eat at Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland Hotel (right next to Goofy’s Kitchen). The servers were great and accommodating and friendly. We ordered steaks (of course, because it’s a steakhouse) and they definitely go on our list of best steaks ever. We ordered the 8oz filet mignon and the 14oz NY strip and both were cooked perfectly and the flavor... the flavor... they were spectacular! The filet was melt in your mouth tender and the strip had a little more texture (which I prefer) and a sweet glaze “crust” for lack of a better word, it’s a good thing. We order our steaks medium-well and their medium-well is exactly what we like; cooked well enough that there’s no blood, mostly done, with some pink and oh so tender and delicious. Our server (Pearl) said the truffle Mac & cheese was the most popular side, so we order that and the garlic potato gratin (yes, two starches, we’re on vacation). The truffle mac & cheese was great, but that garlic potato gratin made with aged white cheddar was were it’s really at! We took photos of all our food, but they do not do the flavors justice. Our drinks were good too, the watermelon lemonade with lime foam and the nojito (not a misspelling, it’s a non alcoholic mojito). Overall great experience, so good that before we even finished our meal, we got online and made reservations to come back later in the week to try that 24 layer chocolate cake and maybe an appetizer. We were so full from the steak and two sides we couldn’t finish our meal (side note: the sides are BIG enough for two, maybe even four people to share). I would also recommend sharing a steak. We ordered a steak for each of us and could have easily shared between the two of us and not had to bring food home. And yes, they will take your food and pack a to-go bag for you if you ask. Pearl seemed surprised that it was our first time to visit, so I’m thinking they have mostly repeat customers, which is a good sign that it’s an excellent place to eat!

Reviewed October 29, 2018

We went to Steakhouse 55 for the first time this past weekend. I made reservations earlier in the week for a 5:10 pm seating on for Saturday night. The restaurant wasn’t crowded and we only had to wait 5 minutes until our table was ready.

I started the meal with a Kentucky mule. I found it to have a bit more ginger than bourbon but it was still tasty. The meal comes with a loaf of sourdough bread and butter. We found the bread and butter to be tasty but prefer the variety offered at Napa Rose.

My wife and I shared a salad to start. Our waiter, David, went ahead and split the salad before it arrived at the table. We felt like we each had a sufficient amount of salad for our respective halves.

My wife had the lobster tail for dinner and I had the fish of the day. David told me that it was halibut but it ended up being Chilean sea bass. Chilean sea bass happens to be my favorite fish so I was fine with the surprise. However, upon being informed by the waiter who brought my sea bass to the table that it was sea bass as opposed to halibut, David informed his other tables.

The sea bass had a seasonal tint to its preparation with included pumpkin seeds and a apple slaw, I believe. I’m not a huge fan of slaw so I didn’t find that accompaniment to be much to write about. However, the sea bass itself was quite good.

My wife received a decent portion for the lobster tail and noted that based on the portion sizes we would have been better off sharing entrees. We also shared the truffle butter macaroni and cheese. I found the mac & cheese to be light and cheesy for a traditional heavy dish. It is rich and we hardly ate 1/4th of it.

In terms of the ambiance we were seated in the back corner. The solitude was nice but we were placed next to a partition and there was a table on the other side. I could see the gentleman sitting at the other table to my left. I would have preferred a bit more privacy.

We decided to pass on desert as Salt N Straw in Downtown Disney is pretty amazing.

This is a traditional steakhouse and reminded me of Vegas without the privacy and ambiance of a great Vegas steakhouse. I think that this is a great romantic spot to getaway from the crowds and young kids at Disney. Just outside the door is Goofy’s kitchen which offers an entirely different ambiance.

The difficulty with Steakhouse 55 is that it’s at the end of Downtown Disney, away from the parks and you have to make an effort to get there unless you’re staying at the Disneyland Hotel or nearby Paradise Pier.

When I go to Disneyland, I like to escape. Living in Las Vegas, I can experience what Steakhouse 55 offers at anytime. The chef’s counter at Napa Rose offers something different and unique. I’d choose the chef’s counter at Napa Rose over Steakhouse 55. However, if you’re looking for a traditional steakhouse away from the crowds with good food, you can’t go wrong with Steakhouse 55.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

I went there for a business dinner and the food and service were excellent. I enjoyed the old photos of Hollywood greats from the past. They offer more than steak, but why would you get anything but a steak... The ambiance was great, with lots of character...

Date of visit: October 2018