All reviews pizza hut rooftop pool splash pad minute walk living room convention center full kitchen waffles executive suite splash area usb ports coffee beans large hot tub free breakfast parking garage kids room favorite hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We, total of 4 adults and 4 small kids, came to LA for Disney visit... We were told that suite will suffice... though small, it was very good....see pics... also breakfast spread was diverse and good...well worth the money... made use of Landry machines... quite a no though cleaning of dryers was bad... swimming pool - Awesome.... Pizza Hut - pathetic...

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank amit2004
Reviewed November 7, 2018

My stay started off pretty decently. I had a uniqe check-in situation, but the front desk agent was not only able to accomodate me, but also ended up giving us a free upgrade to a one-bedroom suite.

I had to leave my room early in the morning to go pick a up a puppy that I was dog-sitting, since I had no one to watch him that morning. I returned to the hotel, notified the front desk that I would be checking out in a couple of hours, and that I would only have the dog in the room for a few minutes, we were about to go eat breakfast. The front desk agent, with supervisor present, had me sign a "pet waiver", without really explaining what was in it. Turns out that I made the mistake of trusting whatever paper they had handed to me and signed it without reading it.

Taking the puppy in to the room for a matter of an hour resulted in a "pet-cleaning" fee of $150. So, the front desk agent and supervisor knowingly sat there and watched me sign something that they knew would cost 150% the price of my stay when I had just explained to them that I would be checking out in a couple of hours and that it wasn't even necessary for me to take the dog inside.

The first front desk supervisor told me essentially "too bad, you signed it... There's nothing we can do." I called the next day, and a new Supervisory apologized and refunded a whole of $50 of the fee to my card (meaning the first supervisor LIED!).

This resulted in a total hold of $450 on my card for what was originally a
$99 stay, $167 of which is still being held THREE WEEKS LATER.

Next time I'll be sure to stay at a hotel that doesn't treat their guests as if they're buying a used car.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
AlexandriaB148, Front Desk Supervisor at Residence Inn by Marriott at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Dear Kevin H,

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are explained thoroughly to avoid any miscommunication.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Anaheim.

Reviewed November 3, 2018

We stayed here for 2 weeks and it was like a home away from home. This hotel has everything we needed, lovely kitchen area and living area and a great separate bedroom and bathroom. It’s really close to Disneyland and the bus stops. Also within walking distance to Anaheim Garden Walk.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Nimwad
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

This is our 3rd stay in this property. Disney is walking distance, breakfast is world class, rooms are consistently in great order and the staff is wonderful!!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Anaheim. There is no other hotel that compares to this hotel!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2018

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights, and although the hotel was quite nice overall, there were some very disappointing aspects of our stay. We stay at Marriotts quite frequently and thruthfully, the service was really lacking – especially for a Marriott property. We had some issues with a loud, constant, intermittent humming sound that seemed to come from the thermostat. We requested for someone to look into/fix it, and nothing was done. We didn’t even receive any communication that they had even attempted to fix the problem. We also elected for the green option during our stay as we didn’t need them to come and clean the room everyday (we love this option). However, there was not a back-up of Kleenex, or toilet paper in the room when we arrived and we eventually had to request more, which is not a huge deal – except for the fact that this was not delivered, so later that night I had to stop at the front desk to get more. Side note – the quality/softness of both bathroom tissues was rough and well below what you would typically get at a Marriott property. We stayed in a one bedroom King suite and our two little ones slept on the pull-out. Our reservation was for 4 people – yet there was not proper bedding for the pull-out (only two pillows and a sheet in the room), so we had to request the rest of the bedding to be brought up as well. Lastly, the drapes in the bedroom were not very clean and looked like they could use a good wash. The hotel is in a great location as it is about a 15 minute walk to Disneyland gates and the breakfast had some excellent options, but really the overall stay was just disappointing.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
AlexandriaB148, Front Desk Supervisor at Residence Inn by Marriott at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Dear ChrisA,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center and providing your honest feedback. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. I apologize that we were not able to resolve the noise issue you had during your stay or provide you with another solution to sleep comfortably.

As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate team to ensure the necessary guidelines are taken to ensure guest issues like these get resolved immediately.