“Big Hotel/Great Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Big Hotel/Great Service”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is the kind of hotel where the staff remembers your name. The service is simply amazing. However, you can't escape the "convention and tourist" aspects of the place, which includes assembly line bland food and some sloppy back of the house service. While far from marring my stay, a crushed cookie spent two days imbedded in the hall leading to my guestroom. But, back to the outstanding service, it was vacuumed up within 5 minutes of notifying the front desk. Regarding the rooms, in the tower I was in "Palms," avoid the third floor-- no balconies. I really don't want to paint a bad picture of this hotel-- it's an excellent value and the employees really shine. Just know you are not only headed for one of the most magical places on earth (Disney is nearby), but also one of the most bustling, populated places too. No hotel can serve numbers on this scale without a few hiccups.

Room Tip: My room was noisy, despite being a couple rooms away from the elevator, so try asking for one even f...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank A A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is a convention type hotel property that is well located if your family is traveling with you to a conference. Disney is a 15 minute walk away. When I checked in -the staff asked if I wanted a low or high floor room. I asked for a low floor and was put into the Garden wing ( a 3 story part of the hotel separate from the other 2 towers). One side had views of the pool and the other overlooked the parking lot. It is nice that there are small balconies with chairs. There was a empty fridge in my room but not stocked as minibar. So you could go to the store and stock up. I ordered room service breakfast the first morning ( 1$7) and was surprised to learn that they tack on a delivery fee so my breakfast ended up being $25! After that I went to the downstairs Starbucks or small deli market next to it ( sells wine too). There is a tiny Pizza hut inside as well. If you walk across to the Hilton there is an additional food court. My room was clean and nice.

Room Tip: If you are staying in a Garden Room, ask for a view of the pool or you will get a parking lots view
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Lafayette
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The staff here were to a person, excellent. Everyone was friendly, helpful and efficient. That alone gets the manager kudos, believe me.

While this particular location is clearly designed for the Convention Center crowd half a block away, my family of four visiting Disneyland were equally welcome.

PROS
Superior Staff, service, amenities

3 blocks from Disneyland - definitely walkable but the $4 unlimited pass for the ART shuttle, which stops in front of the building is a full size bus that whisks you to the front gates of Disney with only a few stops.

Large Starbucks in the lobby. Also a Hertz desk somewhere in the building. If you want breakfast inexpensively, there is a IHop one block away.

The rates were competitive, at least during Spring break. $119-$139 and I have paid alot more for Marriotts in other areas

Huge common areas in the lobby.

CONS
Internet was via iBAHN - $15 a day, which is ridiculous given how inexpensive bandwidth is, in 2012

Parking was a day $35 - San Francisco downtown prices

Rooms and bathrooms were standard size, probably because it was originally conceived as a business hotel. But acceptable size, just a wee bit tight.

Friday night there was a large food convention and the big party was in the Marriott. Loud music until late at night. I thought on the 14th floor it would not be a problem but heard music and laughter/talking from the pool area at least for one hour after we went to bed. As I am sure parties brings huge revenue to the hotel and it was Friday night, it couldn't be helped but if there on a weekend, you want a room that faces the front of the building, as high up as possible and not the back of the building overlooking the pool

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Typical well used Marriott. Our room is a bit musty , check in staff was very heful and efficient.

Danville, California
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Anaheim Hotel for two nights while visiting , you guessed it, Disneyland. Marriott is a Good Neighbor partner for Disney. Well, their staff must have had the same training as Disney staff. The could not have been more friendly, helpful and caring. It was like an extension of Disneyland! The rooms and baths were very clean and comfortable. The food was superior. The morning to night shuttle (last is 12:30am) was very convenient, right outside the hotel front. You can also purchase 1 day shuttle passes at the hotel. The room prices are extremely competitive and AAA discounts are available. I always thought part of the magic was to stay at an on site Disney hotel. Not anymore! The Marriott is super. It's the happiest hotel on earth! Thanks Marriott. We'll be back!

Room Tip: I am pretty sure all rooms are very good. We stayed in 812 and 814. Perfect!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ceswert
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I wasn't planning on spending the night in the LA area but when faced with it narrowed down the best deal to the Marriott Anaheim for myself and my 8 year old.

As a Marriott Rewards member I must say this is one of the better properties I have stayed at. The facility was well maintained and clean. The room was spacious, up to date and very comfortable. I ordered room service which arrived promptly the next morning.

All the staff were friendly throughout the hotel with a smile and greeting being offered everywhere I went in the facility.

I was quite surprised because I would rte the stay and service on par with a top rated five star hotel that I stayed at recently.

The Marriott Anaheim will definitely be my first choice if I ever find myself needing a place to stay in the area again.

Oakland, California
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This is a nice property, and the service is excellent. On my recent stay, though, the in-room wireless service (provided by iBahn -- shame on them) was so pathetically slow that I gave up after trying to send an email with an attachment for 30 minutes. I had to go to the Kinkos to send it. Therefore I can't recommend this hotel for business travelers -- or even vacationers who need to stay in touch with the office.