New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of WorldMark Anaheim

WorldMark Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Albert, Canada
“Worldmark Anaheim - Good Disney location for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

My family and I stayed at the WorldMark for 2 nights and were thoroughly pleased. We weren't blown away, but found very good value here. As a family of 5, it's always difficult to find the right accomodations to stay comfortably. Two bedrooms & a pull-out couch allowed for everyone to have their own space. The suite was clean, nicely appointed and had all the amenities you would expect from staying at a Holiday Inn or comparable, with the added benefits of being a condo suite. The resort also has a good pool, a couple of hot-tubs, and a good gym.

This is a condo/timeshare, so be advised you will be asked to attend a presentation, should you chose. If you don't want free breakfast, simply & politely say 'No thank you' and the staff will comply.

Being it is a condo/timeshare, there is no restaurant on-site, but plenty to choose from close-by. We preferred the California Pizza Kitchen & Bubba Gump's, specifically because of the excellent service provided.

Getting around/Disneyland, be prepared to walk... lots of walking... but you won't really need a car either; plenty of public transit to Disneyland and affordable.

After a long day at Disney, end your evening on the roof-top patio in the hot-tub, watching the 8:45pm fireworks from Disneyland!

3 Thank PainterGuy780

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
abbotsford.b.c
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We just got back from our trip to Disneyland (March 3-10th),Had a wonderful time..Not a relaxing Holiday though! You are walking from the time you get there ,till the time you left. Our only mistake was going to Universal studios in Hollywood..little out dated...Nothing like Universal in Orlando Florida. Our Hotel was in a great location..15 minute walk to the theme parks. Make sure you cut through Garden Walk (stripmall with some nice shops and restaurants in it) cuts of a few blocks of the walk. Worldmark Anaheim is a nice Hotel..Timeshares were not that pushy..only asked us once if we were intersested in a tour. Found the floors in unit a little dirty and the shower curtains were filmsy (stuck to you ..when showering) At this time of year, pool is very cold..Sun reaches it around 3:00. Overall This property could spend a little more time cleaning their units and updating there bathrooms.

Room Tip: Facing pool ,above 5th floor..then you can see fireworks from parks.
3 Thank sansat
Lehi, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

My family stayed at the WorldMark last week while we went to Disneyland. The location of the hotel is good. We chose to purchase the Anaheim Transit passes because of our small children. However, we saw many people walk to the park without any trouble. If you are debating the buses, I will say that they operate quite well and we never had to wait more then 10 minutes.

Aside from the location of the hotel, I would say that everything else about it is average or slightly less than average. We have a family member who is an owner at WorldMark and booked the hotel because of the great reviews it got. After staying there, I believe that the great reviews are due to the type of people staying there - think Larry the Cable Guy and his family. I am not trying to be judgmental, but you should keep in mind that to these people this hotel seems like the Ritz. To me, average middle class American, it was about like a Holiday Inn.

I also believe that the great reviews came because the hotel is fairly new. The poor maintenance and staffing hasn't really had time to start to be visible. However, I noticed a few signs in our room. There was a crack on the kitchen counter that had been covered with a piece of tape. A piece of the wood panel near the dish washer had clearly fallen off and was put back on upside down and crooked with Elmer's glue. There were a number of blinds missing from our balcony door exit. And our faucets in the bathroom tub were loose and falling off. Little things like that lead me to believe that over time the hotel will go downhill because they won't spend the money to really fix up the things that break.

The other problem was the staff. I was asked if I would listen to a sales presentation. It came with a free breakfast and $75 disney gift card. I said sure, because it was also supposed to help my sister who is the owner there. When I went down at my scheduled time, they wouldn't let me in the presentation because I didn't have a major credit card. I offered my debit card, but they said it had to be a credit card. I thought that was ridiculous, but shrugged it off. As I was leaving to go back to my room, they told me that the invitation they gave me specifically stated that I needed a credit card. When I went back to my room, I looked a the invitation and sure enough, it was on the bottom of the paper. Except, on my invitation, the sales rep had actually crossed it out. I thought about arguing the point, but I knew I wasn't going to buy into their sales pitch anyway, so I just never went back.

Overall, the hotel is average. Nothing fancy, but nothing really bad (yet) either. If you can deal the feeling that the staff is always trying to sell you something and a hotel that looks like a used condo from the 80s, then this is your place.

For me and my family, we will probably opt for something like the hotels across the street from Disneyland. The Fairfield Inn is roughly the same quality and a lot closer.

4 Thank UtahCountyMickey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I loved this place, full kitchens, free parking and the staff was so helpful!!! I have stayed here multiple times and in both one bedroom and 2 bedroom rooms. Having The kitchen was so convenient for packing lunches and breakfast. The rooms are very modern, clean and have everything you could need including a washer and dryer. We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed September 2011
6 Thank Landlockedslc
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

The resort was close enough (for two adults) to walk each day to Disneyland. If you are a family with children it may be a bit far. The room was OK. No attention to detail in the decor. No curtains on the windows. There are blinds, but our room overlooked the pool and surrounding business area. No lights went off at night - Cheesecake Factory, La Quinta, etc. It was VERY light and distracting. There was one mirror in the entire unit in the bathroom. Not full length. There was a washer and dryer in the unit which apparently had not been pulled out to be cleaned because there was trash under the washer. Again, just OK but I will not ever stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kmf62
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

We booked 5 days at this resort at a pretty reasonable price through a Homeaway.com. Advance arrangements were made with the timeshare owner. This was actually an advantage because he personalized our stay a bit and also knows the hotel and their procedures, so he was able to give excellent tips.

We arrived by car and the check in was easy and the staff friendly. I did hit hit with a surprise local tax when I arrived called the Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT). It was about $12 per day, which I had to pay in advance at the check in desk.

Here is where it got a little bit weird: The check-in desk sent me to what appeared to be a concierge desk "to pick up my parking garage permit". It took too long and was actually just a disguise to sign me up for their timeshare presentation. The pressure was low to moderate, meaning they here persistent but gave up after three or so different angles to get me to sign up. I was advised in advance by the owner that they would offer a timeshare demo but he assured me they would stop once I decline. The part I didn't care for was the veiled presentation-registration under the pretense of picking up my parking permit. And it didn't stop there. They called our unit each day until they got us to answer and pitched the timeshare presentation. On the 4th day I was so obviously frustrated they finally left us alone. I assume that the owner who rented to me will object also on my behalf once I give him that feedback.

The room was clean, modern and an excellent arrangement for our needs. It had a full kitchen, living room and two bedrooms. This was home-base for our trip and the arrangement was so much better than our previous hotel stays. Having multiple rooms (with a 4 year old) and the ability to hang out and cook was a huge advantage!

Be advised that you will probably only get one housekeeping visit (upon departure), but the front desk staff is very accommodating if you need coffee supplies, towels, sheets or anything. We actually preferred it.

Great technology in the room with two TV's, wifi, DVD (with DVD borrowing privileges). It was like having an upscale, roomy apartment.

We used a stroller and walked back and forth to Disneyland every day. It is about a mile and a half and with lots to see in between, so the 20 minute walk goes by quickly and easily. No car needed the for the whole stay!

There is an amazing selection of restaurants right next door at an upscale outdoor shopping center, and along the walk to Disneyland.

I recommend you giver this arrangement a try if you are visiting Disneyland with a family. Other than the timeshare annoyance, everything was 5 stars.

Room Tip: Try to get the 5th floor or above to see fireworks. Pool can be nosy until 9:00 pm.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Motor1
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

We love this resort. I have lost count of how many times we have stayed here, and will be going again in a couple of weeks! We know the staff on sight, lol. Rooms are always clean and comfy - with the exception of the pull out couch - that is a nightmare ! But I find that most of those are, so not on them. Murphy beds are much better.

The staff is great about extra coffee and towels.

There was a hot water issue when we were there, but it did not effect us at all.

I will stay here again, even when the taxes are a little high - they are not the ones who decide that, it is the county

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple