WorldMark Anaheim
US$129
  • Restaurant
US$164
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$508
US$806
US$698
  • Restaurant
All reviewstimeshare presentationtime sharewasher and dryerparking passliving roomfull kitchenwyndham ownersowner updatemurphy beddisneyland fireworksone bedroom unitgarden walkdish soapcheesecake factoryshuttle ticketsadults and childpool towels
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The location of the resort is great. Its a couple blocks from Disneyland. The resort itself is new and seemed ok.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit and found the bathroom very standard and not to vacation club type. The kitchen was stocked with the basics and appliances were new but not high end.

The resort was nice but it wasn't a Hilton resort, resembled a Holiday Inn or Hampton more than a resort.

I called ahead and requested a Disney view and that request was granted which was very nice. You can see the fireworks from the property.

The problems we had during the stay were upon check in you had to get your parking pass from the timeshare sales and appointment setters and they were pushy. Also when you need to exchange towels you must go to the front desk they do not come to you.

Overall the stay was nice and location was excellent. I think the resort could use some upgraded appliances and bathrooms . We exchanged in through RCI and for the cost and points it was very high for the value received.

Room Tip: call ahead and request a disney view
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank HGVClub_Owner
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My family and I stayed at the WorldMark for 2 nights and were thoroughly pleased. We weren't blown away, but found very good value here. As a family of 5, it's always difficult to find the right accomodations to stay comfortably. Two bedrooms & a pull-out couch allowed for everyone to have their own space. The suite was clean, nicely appointed and had all the amenities you would expect from staying at a Holiday Inn or comparable, with the added benefits of being a condo suite. The resort also has a good pool, a couple of hot-tubs, and a good gym.

This is a condo/timeshare, so be advised you will be asked to attend a presentation, should you chose. If you don't want free breakfast, simply & politely say 'No thank you' and the staff will comply.

Being it is a condo/timeshare, there is no restaurant on-site, but plenty to choose from close-by. We preferred the California Pizza Kitchen & Bubba Gump's, specifically because of the excellent service provided.

Getting around/Disneyland, be prepared to walk... lots of walking... but you won't really need a car either; plenty of public transit to Disneyland and affordable.

After a long day at Disney, end your evening on the roof-top patio in the hot-tub, watching the 8:45pm fireworks from Disneyland!

3  Thank PainterGuy780
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We just got back from our trip to Disneyland (March 3-10th),Had a wonderful time..Not a relaxing Holiday though! You are walking from the time you get there ,till the time you left. Our only mistake was going to Universal studios in Hollywood..little out dated...Nothing like Universal in Orlando Florida. Our Hotel was in a great location..15 minute walk to the theme parks. Make sure you cut through Garden Walk (stripmall with some nice shops and restaurants in it) cuts of a few blocks of the walk. Worldmark Anaheim is a nice Hotel..Timeshares were not that pushy..only asked us once if we were intersested in a tour. Found the floors in unit a little dirty and the shower curtains were filmsy (stuck to you ..when showering) At this time of year, pool is very cold..Sun reaches it around 3:00. Overall This property could spend a little more time cleaning their units and updating there bathrooms.

Room Tip: Facing pool ,above 5th floor..then you can see fireworks from parks.
3  Thank sansat
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My family stayed at the WorldMark last week while we went to Disneyland. The location of the hotel is good. We chose to purchase the Anaheim Transit passes because of our small children. However, we saw many people walk to the park without any trouble. If you are debating the buses, I will say that they operate quite well and we never had to wait more then 10 minutes.

Aside from the location of the hotel, I would say that everything else about it is average or slightly less than average. We have a family member who is an owner at WorldMark and booked the hotel because of the great reviews it got. After staying there, I believe that the great reviews are due to the type of people staying there - think Larry the Cable Guy and his family. I am not trying to be judgmental, but you should keep in mind that to these people this hotel seems like the Ritz. To me, average middle class American, it was about like a Holiday Inn.

I also believe that the great reviews came because the hotel is fairly new. The poor maintenance and staffing hasn't really had time to start to be visible. However, I noticed a few signs in our room. There was a crack on the kitchen counter that had been covered with a piece of tape. A piece of the wood panel near the dish washer had clearly fallen off and was put back on upside down and crooked with Elmer's glue. There were a number of blinds missing from our balcony door exit. And our faucets in the bathroom tub were loose and falling off. Little things like that lead me to believe that over time the hotel will go downhill because they won't spend the money to really fix up the things that break.

The other problem was the staff. I was asked if I would listen to a sales presentation. It came with a free breakfast and $75 disney gift card. I said sure, because it was also supposed to help my sister who is the owner there. When I went down at my scheduled time, they wouldn't let me in the presentation because I didn't have a major credit card. I offered my debit card, but they said it had to be a credit card. I thought that was ridiculous, but shrugged it off. As I was leaving to go back to my room, they told me that the invitation they gave me specifically stated that I needed a credit card. When I went back to my room, I looked a the invitation and sure enough, it was on the bottom of the paper. Except, on my invitation, the sales rep had actually crossed it out. I thought about arguing the point, but I knew I wasn't going to buy into their sales pitch anyway, so I just never went back.

Overall, the hotel is average. Nothing fancy, but nothing really bad (yet) either. If you can deal the feeling that the staff is always trying to sell you something and a hotel that looks like a used condo from the 80s, then this is your place.

For me and my family, we will probably opt for something like the hotels across the street from Disneyland. The Fairfield Inn is roughly the same quality and a lot closer.

4  Thank UtahCountyMickey
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I loved this place, full kitchens, free parking and the staff was so helpful!!! I have stayed here multiple times and in both one bedroom and 2 bedroom rooms. Having The kitchen was so convenient for packing lunches and breakfast. The rooms are very modern, clean and have everything you could need including a washer and dryer. We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: September 2011