Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
5,153 results
All reviews grand californian california adventure storytellers cafe downtown disney napa rose white water snacks private entrance whitewater snacks rocking chairs bedroom villa craftsman style grizzly river run wilderness lodge both parks dvc members direct access turn down service
Selected filters
Reviewed February 15, 2018

This hotel is connected to the California Adventure Park but along with being a Disney resort it is very expensive. The customer service is excellent and everything looks new. The restaurants are very good and it has a nice fitness center. It has multiple pools with a water slide.

Reviewed February 14, 2018

Chose a great time to come to Disneyland! The weather was amazing and the lines were short. Reserved a premium view room, got a view of the pool if you came out on the balcony. The room was small but nice. Beds were comfortable and service was always good. Brought our own Keurig pods for the machine which was convenient. Used room service twice, was very quick. Food was okay, nothing outstanding. There is construction going on that started at 7:45 outside our sliding door but we were up already to go to the parks. Overall it was expensive but convenient.

Room tip: Premium view is of other rooms across a lawn.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ltaylor4361
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

I stay in suites. I reserved a king suite. I checked in - the LONGEST check in EVER- and went to a room with 2 beds.

I will say this to anyone reading: try the Disneyland Hotel first. Please. If you are open to it? Stay at a NON Disney hotel. You get points AND its a far better value! I decided to reserve too late, it seems and ended up thinking the Grand Californian would be cool.

It is not.

The rooms are very very cheap. I have stayed in Residence Inn's that are better than these rooms.

This hotel is ridiculously loud. The bathrooms are embarrassing. Room service is not ok. (If you are unable to eat pork? Their menu option shows chicken sausage but they :: dont have that anymore:: and their workers don't know that bacon and ham don't have pork in them... request turkey bacon. That's their only option. Sad, but true)

At the risk of sounding like a snob: I stay at high end boutiques and Ritz Carlton's, Four Seasons, St Regis... I have paid HALF what I did for a FAR better room at every one of these other places compared to what I paid at the Grand Californian.

The reason you pay what you do is because Disney. It's ridiculous.

I wish rooms I wanted were available at the other options in town when I was looking to make reservations. Had I known? I would have downgraded happily as the room I could have gotten at the Hilton or the many Marriott locations in town would have been WORLDS better for MUCH less.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank rsmmama
Reviewed February 12, 2018

The location of this hotel is very convenient. However I was quite disappointed in some services. Specifically the room was not cleaned one day before we returned very late. The housekeeping did not refurbish basics such as shampoo, conditioner, shower cap, and body wash. They did not refurbish the coffee or cups. The ice machine from the floor didn't work. After telling at least eight employees about it, it still was not fixed. Would I stay here again. No, I would not. If you pay these kind of prices, a person should have the service the payment deserves.

5  Thank chups31
Reviewed February 10, 2018

We live in Los Angeles, as don't go to the park very often- keeping it for occasions, etc. This time I decided to go all out (it was leading up to my bday weekend) and create a nice memory. We stayed at this hotel and it didn't disappoint- to the point that i'm not sure I can ever stay anywhere else.. maybe another disney hotel... but having your own entrance to the park is pretty amazing. My husband got sick on the Star Tour ride so it was perfect to have the hotel right there. The day before that my daughter wanted some time to rest and play with toys- so we went to the room and I took a nap for about 30 min before heading back out into the park.
The hotel is pretty amazing from the moment you pull up to LA. The valet are wearing old fashion outfits- and you know your vacation has begun. The entry is amazing- and the rest of the hotel doesn't fall short. Our room has a "park view" which is nice- but don't feel like you have to spend the extra for that. It's a little noisy at night... and I would have been fine with a forest view. I say that now- but it was fun to see the park just outside.
They have a coffee maker in the room which helps with keeping the body going through out the day and not wanting to deal with Starbuck lines.
I haven't stayed at another hotel at Disneyland- so sorry for not having a comparison.
Everyone at the hotel was great. I was at checkout and super excited- having never staid there before. We went to enter the park and I didn't realize that the front desk never actually gave me tickets- or charged me... so I blame both of us..

Have a great time!! or stay somewhere else and let us know how it is!

Date of stay: January 2018