“Convenient Hotel in Anaheim”

Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Ranked #37 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Spent a weekend at this hotel for a convention (Anaheim Convention Center) and a trip to Disneyland. We have been here before in the past and find the location perfect for both attractions. The hotel itself is clean, efficient, and very convenient if you are visiting Disneyland or attending a convention.
The rooms are nice and clean with balconies facing Disneyland. A pool is located on the beautiful hotel grounds with a handy bar available. The beds that are so comfortable that you'll have trouble getting up in the morning. Wake up service works to a perfection and the maids do a great job attending to every detail.
We had a club level room with access to the club's "happy hour" and to a breakfast buffet. The selections were simple but quite tasty and plentiful. Get there early before it gets too crowded!
My only concerns are the $14 a night fee for self-parking (a bit too steep), the 4:30pm check-in, and the condescending Parking attendant, who treated us like young children who have never been anywhere. Overall the front desk staff is a bit cold and arrogant at times. Maybe it's their way of acting "professional" (?).

Room Tip: Get a club level room facing Disneyland (great view).
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gregory K

Reviewed 27 March 2012

If I had stayed at the Sheraton park Anaheim for business, my review might be more favorable, but for a family on a budget I cannot recommend.

Negative:
$10/day for internet may have been the norm in the nineties, but in today's world one can only describe that as gouging (by the way, it's $10/day per computer ...we had two laptops with us and didn't bother ...with long days at Disney, not much time for computer anyway). We were on the garden/pool side and weren't able to get any internet from other properties as other advisors have noted.

$15/day for parking rental car was also steep.

In advance of arrival, we asked for a quiet room with full balcony as opposed to Juliette-style balcony. We were given SPG room which I was told would have cost us an extra $40/night. When I asked what the difference was between SPG and regular room: SPG has two "free" bathrobes and two "free" bottles of water ...whoop-dee-doo!

With 3 of us in one room, space was less than adequate. We had to put some of our gear/bags on the deck just to keep from tripping over them. All week I was constantly bumping into ridiculous, oversized lampshades ...some wall-mounted lights would certainly free up some scarce counter space. The 40 or so inch TV was too big for the size of the room and again, at least if wall-mounted would make the room at least feel a little bigger.
The "refrigerator" was a joke. I've never seen anyhting so small. We bought a few groceries for breakfasts (the continental breakfast: $18/person) and I couldn't even stand up a quart of milk in it. I guess these used to be the mini-bar fridges ...access is inside a cabinet so anytime you need anything you have to open two seperate doors in opposite directions.

We stayed at the Howard Johnson last trip to Disney and the room there was much more spacious, had a decent size fridge, good counter space, free internet, free parking and less money/night.

Positive:

Staff were friendly, professional and helpful (though the concierge rolled his eyes in disgust when I asked where I could access the "free" internet which turned out to be in the lobby bar only ...the bartender too was a little disappointed that I wasn't there to buy drinks).

The beds and oversized duvets were very comfortable. The room was very clean and quiet ...we slept well after long days at Disney, CAP and Universal Studios.

The grounds and pool were fabulous. Immaculately kept and a welcome reprieve for weary bodies (see attached photos).

Access to Disneyland is great ...10-minute walk. We also liked being able to access our room securely via parking lot without having to go through lobby. Elevators were plentiful and speedy.

Room Tip: Pool/Courtyard side rooms are quiet. Full balconies as opposed to Julliette-style are a must for a l...
1  Thank JKB99
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I choose this hotel as I knew as a gold star wood preferred I would have little trouble getting a late check out which I needed. Having read the previous reviews I knew not to expect much. The decor is very sad and faded, I was lucky to get an upgrade to a executive room so it was generously sized and okay in the decor. No view but I was not paying for it either. While the decor and facilities are not five star the staff were very good, my breakfast request easily met, staff at the the restaurant were friendly and efficient. It's a shame the staff have to work with such poor quality facilities, while checking in more than one guest was complaining about the poor standard of their room, the staff member tried to provide a better standard but they are working with very faded glory. This hotel should shut down until it can be renovated with up to date and modern facilities. Because of the poor facilities I can only rate it average people need to be forewarned, you can get better just around the corner for the same price. I know I stayed there a week earlier. Ps for the price charged everyone should have free wifi not just gold or platinum guests.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Patricia P
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed 5 nights, a few issues checking in but the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and only a 10 minute walk to Disneyland . Would stay again .

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Kiwigemz
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Hotel was clean and comfortable.Hotel Staff was a cold though.Asked some simple questions and it was not warm and inviting.As a Starwood member I am used to a little better personal treatment.

Room Tip: Be prepared to be pay for parking where other hotels in the area do not charge.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the Sheraton Park. Our main purpose was my daughter's volleyball tournament, but we also mixed in a couple extra days for Disney. The hotel and room was well decorated and very clean. The grounds were immaculate. We had a garden view room of the pool; very nice. Unfortunately, the weather was wet and cold during our stay so we didn't get a chance to take advantage of it's presence.

The room was spacious for three of us, then still good for when my eldest daughter joined us after volleyball. Our only drawback was our room was directly next to the elevator. We were going to change rooms, but after our first night, we realized the noise wasn't so bad after midnight (not too many people use the elevator between 12 and 6/7am). That might be troublesome for most, but it wasn't too bad for us as we returned late from volleyball, dinner or Disney most nights.

Our package included $25 food stipend for each night. We received $125 work of restaurant gift cards. We ate breakfast the hotels diner and had app's and drinks at the dinner service restaurant. The breakfast was fine, but nice to have on sight. We tried to go to one of the area restaurants to eat one morning and all were crazy busy and wasted a lot of time.

A couple of cons: we did have to pay for internet service (about $10 for 24hr period) and parking was paid. We only paid $6/night due to our package, I think it's a bit higher if you just book normally w/o any special offers.

I was quite surprised by the quality of the Sheraton. We normally stay at the DoubleTree Suites down the road. The Sheraton Park was close enough to walk to Disney (about 15 min and we wouldn't try that from the DT Suites). If you're doing business at the convention center, it's a couple minute walk. I'll definitely give the Sheraton Park another look when we decide to hit the Disney area again.

3  Thank Eric M
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Good: The rooms are spacious and clean. Beds are comfortable.

The pool is a good size and there was a very pleasant bartender working there. We had the pool mostly to ourselves for our entire stay.

Concierge gentleman was very friendly and helpful.

Leisurely 10 minute walk from the hotel to the park entrance.

Not Good: We are SPG members and while checking in we asked for a room on the Disney park side so that we could see the fireworks. They wanted an extra $50 a night for this! Particularly galling was the fact that the hotel occupancy was at a bare minimum for our stay. We barely saw another person the entire time. We didn't upgrade and it's a good thing as there were no fireworks at the park that week.

2  Thank LSmithTO