“My Favorite Hotel To Stay Near Disneyland” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Anabella
Ranked #48 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“My Favorite Hotel To Stay Near Disneyland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

This is about the 4th time I've stayed at this hotel and I absolutely love it! I Love how it's within walking distance from Disneyland. I always enjoy the friendly staff that always greet me and are very helpful! I especially love the rooms! They're not like all standard hotels! The rooms actually feel like little bungalows with one huge king bed, a full and a pull out sofa and fridge! It's definitely roomy enough for a family or just the two of you!

Room Tip: I suggest getting the room I think it's the Santa Fe building! It's I think their suite with...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GGentry, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a nice and wonderful review online. We try very hard to provide a wonderful experience for all of our guests and that is our number one concern always. I loved the title you had in your review this was really nice of you and we from the Anabella Hotel and management team hope to see you stay with us again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (680)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

This place was so clean and the pools were nice . The location was so close to Disneyland with a 15 minute walk. The staff was so wonderful and took the luggage for us before check in and when we returned they helped it with us so fast. Also if you check out they will hold all day for you with no worries at all. We had a room with a nice Queen bed with a pull out sofa which was wonderful. The Concierge room we had was only 99.00 with breakfast in the morning and it was great. Not much more to say except it was real nice.

Room Tip: Great location
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GGentry, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, 3 November 2012
Thank you so very much for posting such a kind and positive review on the Anabella Hotel and resort. We try very hard with all of our guests which is why we are considered one of Anaheim’s best and most popular spots. I really like all of the comments on our service and how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for all of your comments and we hope to see you stay with us again in the near future.
Tangalle, Sri Lanka
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

We easily walked into the park(s). Took about 15 mins. Parking is extra, but I'm sure it was cheaper than any of the Disney parking facilities. Room wasn't the largest. Kind of tight layout, but bed was comfortable, TV worked, 4 cup in room coffee, and an in-room safe. I would have liked a free internet access and complimentary coffee in the lobby, but everything worked out good.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to post online regarding your stay. I am so happy to hear that you had wonderful time at our beautiful hotel, we take a lot of pride in our guest service and our product so hearing that you enjoyed our hotel means a lot to the Anabella Hotel management team as well. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

I stayed at The Anabella Hotel for two days to go to Disneyland. The rooms were just okay. I was never told that the hotel charges a parking fee of $14.09(plus tax) per day and a resort fee of 2.00(pls tax per day as well. When I questioned Yesenia(your rude employee) about this hidden charges, she was very condescending and rude about it. She said: it is written on your reservation's paperwork. I replied: no it is not. Then she said? Do you have your paperwork with you? I guess she wanted to prove me wrong....please explain to your employee that the customer should be always treated with respect. I just checked my paperwork, and I was not able to find a section that informs customers about these fees. Resort fees? Are you kidding me???this is NOT a resort!!!! I also mentioned to Yesenia that we had a leak in the shower and she just said: "Thanks for letting us know". No apologies were ever given.... If you want to end up paying hidden fees, stay at the Anabella hotel. The are good at it. If you are going to charge your customers for parking fees and resort fees, please let them know before we book our reservations, not until we are checking out.
Also, we tried to eat at the Tangerine grill for breakfast and the hostess was really rude. She got mad because we asked for a bigger table....even though we went on a Monday morning and she had about eight tables open...the hostess made us wait for no good reason, and when she called us back she was very rude so we decided to leave. The good news is that there are hundreds of hotels around Disneyland to choose from that offer better deals, no hidden fees and treat their customers fairly.
Never again, Anabella Hotel!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Shanny35
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

We've always stayed at the Candy Cane Inn but Alaska Air Vacations didn't offer it as an option, so based on reviews, location and free breakfast for two, I took my three teens to Disneyland, staying at the Anabella Hotel.

Pros first:
1. Quick 15 minute walk, cutting through Disney Grand California Hotel (GCH), to the parks.
* Walk through main entrance of GCH hotel and take a left after the second sets of sliding doors, go down three sets of stairs and out the door on the right at the bottom of the hallway. Turn left immediately and you come out at Downtown Disney next to Jamba Juice, nearby bag check. Yes, you can cut through GCH even if you don't stay there. You just can't use the GCH special entrance into California Adventure.
2. Although not associated with the hotel, the Tangerine Grill, served a wonderful, hot breakfast of skillet potatoes, eggs, bacon and toast. We had two free breakfasts with our Alaska Air pkg, so I ordered the oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins, while my youngest had the belgian waffle. Great food with wonderful service, if you got there early.
3. One night we were at the hotel during the California Adventure fireworks show and since you can see the back of the ferris wheel from many of the decks (we were in 1236), we saw some beautiful fireworks without the crowds (see photos).

Now the cons:
1. The room - Pkg said Double/Double or Queen/Queen. When we confirmed we were told that even though they had the ages of my teens they put us up in the double/double. That wouldn't work. To upgrade I had to pay ~$35/night and chose the Mission Suite style as it had a day bed, king and fold-out couch. This was a *mistake*! Do not get the Mission Suite if you need to use the pull-out couch. Instead I'm sure ordering a roll-away would be better. The pull-out is styled like a 1970's hide-a-bed with two bars in your back, a mattress you fall through if you sit on the end of the bed and the bedding was a sheet and thermal blanket. It is a single bed size. The couch was stained. The bathrooms do not have a fan so you must have the window open to clear out the moisture and there were tiny water ants in the room. We told the front desk. Also the floor is hardwoods, but when walking around our feet turned black and that just felt nasty sliding into clean white sheets with dirty feet.
2. Toilet - Had to wait between flushing due to bad pressure (?) so in the morning each kid had to use the restroom but toilet wouldn't flush one person behind the other.
3. A/C was too loud and rattly and it was hot out.
4. No fridge but little convenient store, very little, at the entrance so purchased a soda there.

Bottom Line: Next visit we will go back to Candy Cane Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ttshutterbug
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

This was our second stay at the Anabella, the last was 8 yrs ago. The room was very clean and tidy, every day of our 5 days there. Bed was comfortable, and always clean sheets and towels. The one thing that really stands out this time, is the helpfulness, and friendly attitude of the hotel staff. In particular we need to mention August, one of the porter staff. Nothing was too much trouble for him, and he was very knowledgeable and helpful. Its a great base, close to Disney and its attractions, also there are many places/coffee shops in the area for breakfast etc. Should we return to the Aneheim area in California, we would always stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rae96
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

This is not one of those large chain hotels, with the mini-bar and over priced water bottles in the room. We had a deluxe room (which was L shaped) with a queen sized bed and and full sized couch with a pull out bed. This room was just recently revamped with wood flooring and granite bathroom tile and walls. The bathroom was a nice size and clean. The queen sized bed was very comfortable. We had a family situation so a quick sudden change in plans. We needed to keep our grandson with us for the night. The staff sent up and made the fold out couch ready for sleeping. It was the perfect size for a 3.5 year old. The room was clean and reasonable spacey compared to the larger hotels where you get a bed, a desk, a t.v.. This had the bed with the sitting area turning into a bed and two additional chairs for more comfort. We were just there at the end of september which was the end of the summer season. So basically we had the whole end of the building to ourselves. We also requested an upper floor, (there are only two floors and no elevators) but to carry what little luggage we had up the stairs was no big deal. I had read previous rooms and the recommended to ask for a remodeled room. We got both requests, there was no one on either side of us or below us. Which is good, because using the slippers they provided were sure to cause our would be neighbors to come up and threaten to put those slippers where the sun doesn't shine. I stopped using them after ten minutes because they were one size fits non. They drove me crazy. The hotel staff were friendly, but the staff at Tangerine was a bit different. They did not go out of there way to smile or make us feel welcome. Did they stay up he night before partying, do they no like working with the public or are they just no happy with there jobs. Don't get me wrong, I'm in DISNEYLAND for crying out loud. MY WHOLE TRIP WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MAGICAL. All in all the food itself was good, but the service staff needs a lot of work. Just knowing these few bits of info may help prepare you so that it doesn't ruin your trip. I timed the walk and I'm a pretty fast walker and it is actually about a 15-20 min walk to Disneyland. The weather was great, the sidewalks not crowded and it gets the circulation working. I would recommend this place to all my friends and family. It is a quaint hotel another gem in the oasis!

Room Tip: Ask for the remolded section upper floor. I understand the lower floors can get a lot of overhead n...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank chilipepr1
GGentry, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Well first off, thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review online regarding your stay here at the Anabella Hotel and Resort. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and for posting some really nice comments online. I really like the detailed summary of your stay for other online reader. I want to thank you again for such a wonderful posting and I do hope that I get the change to have you stay with us again.