“I LOVE this place!”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“I LOVE this place!”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We never stay anywhere else for Disneyland trips anymore. They rember us every year, so kind and helpful. Breakfast has lots of choices and actually counts as a meal! Free shuttle all day, clean rooms, lots of charm, anything you need. We even skip the shuttle and walk- takes about 10 minutes to the gates!

• Stayed November 2011
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you for being a loyal and repeat Candy Cane Inn guest, we DO appreciate your business and kind comments. Warm regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
California
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Candy Cane Inn while we visited Disneyland and California Adventure. The Candy Cane Inn met all our needs during our visit- clean, quiet and comfortable rooms and beds, A great continental breakfast and very close to the entrance to Disneyland. The front desk staff were very helpful and accommodating- we actually extended our stay. Originally we planned to only stay 2 nights, but decided that we were so comfortable that we stayed an extra night. As mentioned above, the continental breakfast is quite impressive without having any hot entrees offered- they had toast, bagels (with all the fixings), muffins/croissants/donuts, oatmeal, cereal (fruit loops, rice krispis, raisen bran), yogurt, Fruit (apples, oranges and bananas), drinks- coffee, tea, milk, hot chocolate, juice (orange, apple).
The walk to the entrance of disneyland/california adventure is about 10 minutes. We did take the shuttle a couple times and it was always there waiting and very prompt on leaving on time.
The pool area is great! We had great weather while we were there, so we were able to enjoy the pool, hot tub and kitty pool while we were there. It is a pretty small area, so if you are there at a peak time of year, I could see it getting crowded pretty easy.
We stayed in a Deluxe room- which was quite basic. Two queen beds, a small bathroom with shower/bath. There is a small refrigerator in each room.
There is a small table with two chairs, but it is pretty cramped.
Overall, we were very pleased with our stay at the Candy Cane Inn. The price was right and we only needed a basic room to return to for mid afternoon naps and a nice, comfortable night-time rest.

Room Tip: Room on the ground floor was best with a toddler (stroller), we requested room towards the back of...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dramz3
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We paid extra for the premium rooms, and I'm glad because they(we had adjoining rooms) were spacious and having breakfast delivered promptly each morning was great. We rode the shuttle every day. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank duckfan28
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Yes, the added amenities of our Premium Rooms are certainly enjoyable and having our Expanded Continental Breakfast personally delivered in the morning is certainly a time saver. Please feel free to contact me directly when returning as I would be delighted in assisting with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Oakland, California
Reviewed 3 February 2012

The Candy Cane was perfect for our trip to Disney last weekend. I was worried after the first night because our littlest had a cold and was hacking until 3am--she kept me up and I assumed she kept all our Candy Cane neighbors up, too. But when I saw the people next door the next morning and apologized, they said, "What for?" They hadn't heard a thing. Whew! We walked to and from Disney all but once. Perfect location; perfect price.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank parvusnonsit
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for your comments. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, but sorry to hear about your little one’s cold. I hope that she was able to recover enough to enjoy the parks! Also, I am glad that you liked our proximity to Disneyland. We are only 250 yards away from Disneyland’s main entrance, or a 7-10 minute walk, we are in a great location to be able to come back and forth from the theme parks. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to your next stay with us! Best regards!
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We are a family of 4 and the room seemed very small in comparison to the other hotels we'd stayed in on our trip. I thought we didn't get the deluxe 2xqueen room I'd booked but the lady in reception said it was. The carpet was damp and took 2 days to dry properly. Fortunately we were out most of the time so the size and damp carpet wasn't really a problem.Besides that, the breakfast was great - more than enough food for everyone. We enjoyed the jacuzzi. The shuttle to Disney was punctual and after a long day in the park we really appreciated it. There were restaurants in the area and a shop next door to buy cooldrinks and snacks.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Meryl A
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback regarding your stay at the Candy Cane Inn. I want to sincerely apologize for the damp carpet in your room, and have reviewed your observation with our housekeeping manager. Cleanliness is a priority to us and we want to ensure everything is clean for the next guest’s arrival. But this does not excuse the fact that the carpet was still damp when you checked in and especially for two days. I am very pleased to read that despite this fact you and your family still enjoyed your stay with us. If you happen to come back, please feel free to contact me personally. I really would like the opportunity to make up for this incident and ensure you are completely satisfied with your stay. Until then, best regards!
North Platte, Nebraska
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We come to Disneyland at least one a year and have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn every single time since 1993. It is our home away from home. No the rooms aren't huge, but they are comfortable and very clean. Staff has always been wonderful. Shuttle is excellent. The breakfast is AWESOME. I just wish everyone would keep quiet about it.....we've always thought it was our best-kept secret! We even rescheduled a vacation date once when the Candy Cane was full...none of us could bare to stay anywhere else! We love you Candy Cane Inn!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Leigh H
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Your secret is safe with us and the rest of our TripAdvisor readers! Thank you for your kind comments and for being such a loyal and repeat Candy Cane Inn Guest. If at any time you are having trouble making reservations, please feel free to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist you. Until your next visit, best regards!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Stayed at this hotel with the kids and family, what I loved most about this place was how close it was to Disneyland and the kids were able to walk to the park without getting tired, but if needed they provide a shuttle. the room was pretty nice and clean, and the staff were very welcoming to us, from the front desk to housekeeping, the main pool was fantastic, no main issue with this hotel, except the people who stayed in the room next to us were a bit noisy, would stay here again, unless we can find a hotel that is even closer to the park.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank toshanorwood
Thank you for all your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am sorry to read that your neighbors were noisy. If at any time noise is an issue, please let our Front Desk know and we will be more than happy to address your concern. Our guest’s comfort if important to us and we want to ensure a quiet and peaceful stay. I hope to have you back again with us soon. Best regards!