“Great” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We have been staying at Candy Cane for years and never had a problem. The rooms are clean and the staff is always friendly. I love the short walk to Disney and the free tram that is available when our feet are sore from the long day. The free breakfast, parking and internet makes this place the BEST to stay at. Great prices and no fees. The only problem I have with this hotel is I wish they would purchase new linens for the beds as you can tell the sheets are old. A few renovations here and there would make this place superb!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jaclyn S
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you for being a repeat and loyal return guest, we DO appreciate your business as this is what our hotel has built its reputation on. We do listen to our guest feedback and I have shared your comments with our housekeeping manager and linen supply company as we do purchase quality linens. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

The Candy Cane Inn is a fantastic location from which to visit the Disneyland Resort. I timed it and I could walk from my hotel room and be inside Disneyland in 10 minutes. Just as convenient is Candy Cane Inn's dedicated shuttle that is included in the price of the hotel room.

There was a lot of confusion among the staff about when Candy Cane's shuttle service begins each day. When I called I was told one thing. When my friend called he was told something different. When I called back I received a third response. And, when I checked in, I was told something else again. So here's the real scoop: The first shuttle leaves the Candy Cane Inn 30 minutes prior to the opening of Disneyland. The shuttle leaves for the Disneyland Resort every 30 minutes at :00 and :30 and returns to the hotel every :15 and :30. The last shuttle leaves the Disneyland Resort 45 minutes after Disneyland closes.

The room was clean and comfortable and more than met my needs for the weekend. My room was on the 1st level and right on the street so there was a bit of noise but not enough to bother me. The 7am breakfast was continental (oatmeal, fruit, cereal, bagels, toast, muffins) and was just fine to start my day.

Right next door to the hotel is an ABC Market, a little grocery store. And right next door to it is a 7-11. Directly across the street is a strip mall with a Chinese restaurant, smoothie place, a Subway, and a pizza place. There are plenty of other restaurants within a 10 minute walk. The Anaheim Gardenwalk shopping mall is also just a 10 minute walk away.

Overall, I was satisfied with the Candy Cane Inn and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Request a room not located right on the street.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank SanDiegan79
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments regarding your visit. I am sincerely sorry that there seemed to be confusion regarding our shuttle schedule and your “real scoop” is precisely correct and to be honest, very simple. We do aspire to provide exceptional service and a quality product at reasonable rates for family travelers.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

This little hotel was so wonderful!!! We visited Anaheim on Sat. Feb. 11, 2012 and had a great experience here. I had looked into staying on Disney property as we always do when we visit WDW (Florida). I am so GLAD we stayed at the Candy Cane Inn!! Location-next door to Disneyland!!!! We walked to the parks!!!!! There was a free shuttle to use, with a wonderful and personable driver which we used one time. Front desk staff was very pleasant. The evening of the 11th, we spent some time in the lobby talking to the clerk...a very pleasant, informative young man. Breakfast was wonderful...so many choices of pastries, coffee, juices, milk, breads, bagels, cereal, yogurt and fruit!! and it was FREE!! Seating indoors and by the pool. This property was so clean and well-loved by the owners. I highly recommend the Candy Cane Inn if you want a comfortable, clean, close location to DLR. (could see fireworks from our balcony, free parking while staying here, very reasonable rates) I would love to go back and if and when I get to visit Disney again, I WILL make this inn my choice!!!!!!

Room Tip: smaller property than most in the area, so any room choice should be great....we were in the front l...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank annar76
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow travelers. I am delighted that you enjoyed our property and had such nice comments regarding all areas you encountered. Please feel free to contact me personally should you be returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I booked this motel based on Trip Advisors rating and was not disappointed! It has lovely landscaping, very nice decor in the rooms with plantation shutters instead of blackout drapes, upscale furnishing, flat panel TV's, very comfortable beds, and nice linens, andwas very clean. The location was great, a 10 minute walk from Disneyland, but if you are not in the walking mood, they also have a shuttle that runs every 1/2 hour with a friendly, safe, driver. This shuttle also runs on Magic Mornings, so we were able to catch the shuttle at 6:30am. We did not use the Pool/Spa, but it seemed clean and was heated. The breakfast was fine, with bagels, pastries, cereal, fruit, juices, and coffee. If I could say anything negative, they do not have an elevator, so if you have a problem climbing steps, or lugging your bags upstairs, be sure to ask for a ground level room. It was very quiet, even though the doors are on the parking lot. Overall, an excellent value with a friendly, helpful, staff.

Room Tip: If you have a problem lugging your bags upstairs, ask for a ground floor room as there is no elevato...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lnlcris
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit to the Disneyland Theme parks. In regards to your comment regarding luggage assistance please feel free to contact the front desk as it would be our pleasure to send a houseman to assist you. Thank you again for your comments and staying with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We never stay anywhere else for Disneyland trips anymore. They rember us every year, so kind and helpful. Breakfast has lots of choices and actually counts as a meal! Free shuttle all day, clean rooms, lots of charm, anything you need. We even skip the shuttle and walk- takes about 10 minutes to the gates!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for being a loyal and repeat Candy Cane Inn guest, we DO appreciate your business and kind comments. Warm regards!
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Candy Cane Inn while we visited Disneyland and California Adventure. The Candy Cane Inn met all our needs during our visit- clean, quiet and comfortable rooms and beds, A great continental breakfast and very close to the entrance to Disneyland. The front desk staff were very helpful and accommodating- we actually extended our stay. Originally we planned to only stay 2 nights, but decided that we were so comfortable that we stayed an extra night. As mentioned above, the continental breakfast is quite impressive without having any hot entrees offered- they had toast, bagels (with all the fixings), muffins/croissants/donuts, oatmeal, cereal (fruit loops, rice krispis, raisen bran), yogurt, Fruit (apples, oranges and bananas), drinks- coffee, tea, milk, hot chocolate, juice (orange, apple).
The walk to the entrance of disneyland/california adventure is about 10 minutes. We did take the shuttle a couple times and it was always there waiting and very prompt on leaving on time.
The pool area is great! We had great weather while we were there, so we were able to enjoy the pool, hot tub and kitty pool while we were there. It is a pretty small area, so if you are there at a peak time of year, I could see it getting crowded pretty easy.
We stayed in a Deluxe room- which was quite basic. Two queen beds, a small bathroom with shower/bath. There is a small refrigerator in each room.
There is a small table with two chairs, but it is pretty cramped.
Overall, we were very pleased with our stay at the Candy Cane Inn. The price was right and we only needed a basic room to return to for mid afternoon naps and a nice, comfortable night-time rest.

Room Tip: Room on the ground floor was best with a toddler (stroller), we requested room towards the back of...
1 Thank dramz3
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

We paid extra for the premium rooms, and I'm glad because they(we had adjoining rooms) were spacious and having breakfast delivered promptly each morning was great. We rode the shuttle every day. Can't wait to go back!

2 Thank duckfan28
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Yes, the added amenities of our Premium Rooms are certainly enjoyable and having our Expanded Continental Breakfast personally delivered in the morning is certainly a time saver. Please feel free to contact me directly when returning as I would be delighted in assisting with rates and reservations. Kind regards!