“Candy Cane Inn/Disneyland”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We had a very nice experience at the Candy Cane Inn. The setting is beautiful with all the flowers and paved brick roads. We stayed in two premium rooms because of the extra amenities and service. The welcome gift of cookies and popcorn that were waiting for us were very nice. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable and had lots of pillows. The kids loved the pool and I was happy about the wading pool for my nephew. Having the breakfast delivered each morning was so convenient. The private shuttle was also a reason we chose to stay at the Candy Cane but we could have walked because it was so only about a fifteen minute walk. The only disappontment, and for us it was big, was that we did not get the connecting rooms I requested when I reserved our trip. This is the only reason I did not give it an excellent score. Over all, we had a great stay and will continue to book at the Candy Cane.

Room Tip: We found out that premium room #145 and #146 connect. There may be others but we don't know...
1  Thank DisneylandTrip
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Thank you for staying with us and we do appreciate your comments and I am sincerely sorry that your request for connecting rooms did not occur. We do attempt to honor all requests and there are times when this simply cannot occur for reasons mostly beyond our control and for that I am very apologetic. Please feel free to contact me personally when you return and I will certainly make sure to do everything possible to ensure that your room request is honored. Kind regards!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,845)

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I travelled from the UK on 22nd July 2012 with my 18 year old son and stayed in the Candy Cane Inn. The hotel and room were clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The bagles at breakfast time were delicious as was the hot cocoa. This is our second visit and on our first visit we stayed at a much larger, more expensive hotel but the Candy Cane was far better. The shuttle bus to Disneyland was very welcome at night when we were tired. Would definitely stay here again - excellent value and location.

8  Thank Lezells
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Thank you so very much for allowing us the opportunity on your second visit and I am delighted to read that you had an “Excellent Stay”. The pastries and bagels for our Expanded Continental Breakfast are delivered seven mornings per week to ensure freshness. Yes, the hot cocoa is certainly tasty and hit with adults and children alike. Kind regards!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed here with girlfriend Jul 16-19 on another visit to DLand. Perfect location two blocks from DLand entrance. Clean, comfortable room, nice pool, grounds, attentive staff, affordable, easy walking distance to virtually any type of restaruants you could want. Parking is tight but OK. Continental breakfast is usual fare, bagels, cereal, fruit, coffee, juice, etc.; plenty of seating in pool area outside or inside breakfast area.
Pool clean as was two spas adjacent.
Check in time is 3pm but we showed up way earlier than we had intended. Staff knew we were tired and ready to relax and went out of their way to provide us a room earlier than we expected (noon), and we sure appreciated their efforts! We were also able to purchase discount DLand tickets at the hotel desk that saved us some cash, and that is always a good thing.
All rooms come with a mini fridge, but, not all come with a microwave (only the premium/deluxe rooms, which were sold out when we visited) and we needed one for heating up items for a medical condition. This was our only disappointment, but we made other arrangements.
Recommend this place if you are coming to this area. We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor due to leg injuries and lots of luggage, but I suppose the upstairs accomo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank hook026
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am delighted that our team of service professionals was able to provide you with early check-in and we do our best to accommodate any and all requests. In regards to the microwave, yes they are in our Premium Rooms however we have one in our Garden Room that is available 24/7. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed at the CCI last week in a premium room. Breakfast is supposed to be delivered when booking this room type. First day our form was overlooked and no breakfast was delivered, second day our form was "lost" and no breakfast was delivered. Third day it came as requested, but we were afraid to eat it after complaining about lack of service the two days prior. Moral of story don't bank of breakfast delivery, it's not worth the upcharge for the premium room.

The shuttle was wonderful for our tired feet at the end of the day. The room was very clean and very dated. The grounds are very well maintained with lush vegitation. The front desk staff were very pleasant. All pros in my book. Our only problem was really with the lack of breakfast delivery. It became a running joke throughout our stay.

9  Thank Disneygal17
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Thank you for staying with us and providing this valuable feedback regarding your experience. We certainly listen to our guests and make necessary changes to improve our product and service for future guests. I am sincerely apologetic this occurred with your breakfast delivery and only hope that another guest did not remove from your door overnight as this does occur from time to time and for that I am very sorry. I do appreciate your positive comments regarding many areas of the hotel and our team and hope that you will allow us another opportunity. Kind regards!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We arrived very early Saturday morning (9am) and even though our room would not be available until the afternoon they let us leave our overnight bags in their safe baggage room. We then walked the 10 minutes to Disneyland-down one road-. They do offer a shuttle bus that runs every half an hour (if you dont want to walk). We went around the Park and then about 4 o'clock walked back to check-in and freshen up. Room was spacious and clean, 2 double beds-very comfy-and a big bathroom.We then hit the Park again until closing time. Breakfast was included and it consisted of Cereals, Muffins,Donuts, Bread (toaster available), Fruit, Yoghurts and Tea,Coffee or Hot Chocolate.We were then booked on a Tour of Los Angeles/Hollywood so again they let us leave our bags in the safe room until we needed them for our flight back to Las Vegas.
We only stayed one night but would have no hesitation to recommend this hotel to anybody who wanted to visit Disneyland resort.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room but I presume all the rooms are the same standard.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Woody16

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent one night visit to the Theme Parks. We certainly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments and feedback regarding your “Short Disney Break”. Kind regards!

Reviewed 24 July 2012

My sissy and I and our kids all stayed together here and it was a BLAST!!! We took board games and there was plenty of room to play! We enjoyed the pool and movies in the room. Our rooms were spotless and the beds were so comfy!! You will love this place!!! We did!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Pamela H

I am delighted that you, sissy and the kids stayed with us and had a “BLAST”. It’s been a while since you visited and please come back and see us again! It would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations, please feel free to call me personally. Thanks again for visiting and sharing your kind comments.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We typically stay at another hotel not too far from the Candy Cane Inn, the past two stays were less than impressive. My husband saw this hotel last year as we were walking to Disneyland and told me to try to book a room at the Candy Cane Inn. I checked for reviews on tripadvisor and booked the Premium Room. So glad I did, I know we have found our place for our annual trips to Disneyland. The room was wonderful. All the little extras they do, from the welcome basket full of goodies, the delivery of the continental breakfast, the bathrobes as well as other amenities are really nice. It is hard to find a hotel that caters to its customers with little gestures. Those little gestures are noticed here and it iw well worth it. The hotel is within perfect walking distance to Disneyland. We would have taken advantage of the extended check-out which is another wonderful amenity at 2:00, it's hard to find a hotel that offers that feature. We were anxious to get home after traveling for 10 days over California. My advice is to check this place out, all the little extras in my opinion are a clear sign of their attempt to "cater" to their clientele. I find that important to keep return business, and I can say they have definitely earned my return business.

3  Thank rosalesC

Thank you for taking a leap of faith and allowing us the opportunity to be of service on your recent visit to the Theme Parks, we DO appreciate your business. Yes, our Premium Rooms certainly have many added features and most who choose these rooms continue to do so again and again. I thank you for your kind comments and YES, we do care about our one time guests, and those who have become loyal repeat guests. Please feel free to contact me personally as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations for any upcoming visits. Warm regards!