“An average hotel/motel with an excellent shuttle service”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 14 September 2009

This hotel/motel is probably more like a, 3.5 in my book. Without the shuttle, this place is a three.
Pros: Really clean room, Comfortable plush beds, close to the Disney Parks and has an EXCELLENT shuttle service. In addition, the hotel service overall is pretty decent. We had a non-functioning refrigerator and a light bulb out. The maintenance person was there to fix the issues within mere minutes of my call.
Cons: Really small rooms. We booked a deluxe room, but I'd be really afraid of the standard. The deluxe room is small by average room sizes. I have no idea how they believe that five people could fit comfortably in that room. There was just two of us, and we had a hard time figuring out where to put our luggage (where it could be accessible) without tripping over it. The bathroom is one of the tiniest I've seen. You can't close the bathroom door without hitting your knees. Both my mom and I had this problem and my mom is only 5' tall! And speaking of that bathroom, the bathroom fan sure was loud. Thank goodness that the bathroom door (which is a knee swiper) shuts out most of the noise. (Talk about a really uncomfortable bathroom visit, if one needs to close the door.)
Although there were a lot of people, who complained of the shutters letting in light, the room seemed plenty dark for us. Also, when the weather isn't too hot, the walk was nice as well. But be forewarned, it's about 1/2 mile (15min walk) from the park. In most cases, it's best to save the feet for all the walking you'll be doing inside the park by taking the handy reliable shuttle.
All in all, this place is either an average hotel or a really nice motel. But I've seen better. If you're looking for a convenient, clean hotel and don't care about the size of the room or bathroom in it, chose this place. If there's more than two of you, stay at a roomier place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank spiderwoman23
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2009

Thank you for staying with us and I do appreciate your taking time to share your thoughts. We do listen to our guests and your comments are a valuable tool in our making modifications. I am very biased and too think our shuttle drivers are excellent! Warm regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,845)

Reviewed 14 September 2009

My husband and I had a wedding in Hollywood and decided to extend our vacation and go to Disneyland. I originally had reservations at the Doubletree and changed because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor and because they did not charge for parking, internet, the shuttle or breakfast.
The location is great. Disney is less than 1/2 mile from the hotel. You can easily walk or ride the hotel's free shuttle if your feet are tired.
Our room was nice - two queen size beds. We are used to a king but they were sold out. After the first night, my husband asked if we could sleep in separate beds. The beds are a bit on the soft side. There is a nice armoire. A huge vanity with a small refrigerator. Everything that we needed for our 4 night stay. Plenty of towels. The only complaint was the internet connection was shoddy.
The first day we needed to do laundry. A nice gentleman came along and struck up a conversation with us and gave me my money back. A nice surprise.
We did breakfast at the hotel the first morning. Very crowded and only 4 tables to eat at (there were more near the pool but they were all occupied). Typical continental style: 3 cold cereals, bagels, toast, pastries, fruit and beverages. We opted to eat at Mimi's the rest of the time (out of this world breakfast - highly recommended),
The shuttle ran every 15-30 minutes.
They give an AAA discount.
We were quite pleased.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aml3679

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with other travelers. We do believe in no hidden or added fees and all you will pay is room rate and occupancy tax. I am sorry that your internet connection was an issue and we continue to monitor and make necessary modifications with access points. We do appreciate your business and thank you again!

Reviewed 9 September 2009

My wife and I stay here every year for the half marathon through Disneyland. And while it has been excellent every year, this year was beyond excellent. We arrived a few hours before check in and were greeted with smiling, helpful faces saying they had a room set. They got up at (or before) 5 am the morning of the run to open up an early breakfast for the runners. They genuinely wished us luck. The room was clean and the beds are wonderful. The staff is always friendly. It was a typical great stay. But what pushed it beyond excellent was that my daughter left her phone behind. When we came back a couple days later, Denilo greeted us with an ear-to-ear smile and raced (literally) to his office to grab the phone. He thanked us for coming to get it. That summed up the attitude of the staff at Candy Cane Inn. Here they are doing us a huge favor, and yet they see it as routine and are actually thanking us. I can't say enough nice things about Danilo and the many others who work there that we came across. This place is top notch all around! Thank you so much!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being a loyal Candy Cane Inn guest, your business is most appreciated! We do attempt to allow guests who arrive early access to a guestroom and it our pleasure. Danilo is a wonderful gentleman and I am proud that he is a part of our management team. We look forward in seeing you again next year at the marathon and we will have the juice and muffins waiting! Warm regards!

Reviewed 8 September 2009

They are great! Breakfast delivered to your door, plenty of parking, a great shuttle bus to Disney which you can also walk to. Late checkout, comfy bed...great new mall across the street. I could go on and on. I loved the Candy Cane, thanks guys!

• Stayed: September 2009
2  Thank momofmanykdis
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2009

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Your short but direct comment is appreciated. And, YES the new Anaheim GardenWalk is great with many things to do and fabulous dining options!

Reviewed 8 September 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Candy Cane in August 09 and we could not have been happier with our choice. The Candy Cane Inn is located within an easy 15 minute walk to the Disneyland ticket booths and for those who are unable to make the walk the Candy Cane provide an air conditioned shuttle bus that will drop you off and pick you up with no extra cost to you.

We arrived early in the morning and had no problem checking in. Staff even advised us that if we were hungry that breakfast was still on and we could help ourselves. We checked into our room and had two queen size beds with a fridge, adequate bathroom, TV and air conditioning. Staff stated that as we had arrived late August many American families had left as their kids began school in the last week of the month.

Beds were comfortable, everything was well maintained, gardens are very pretty and breakfast was great. Dont expect cooked breakfasts...but The Candy Cane Inn provided Bagels, breads, fruit, cereals, coffee, tea and hot chocolate to a quality standard. I heard no complaints as we ate our breakfast sitting around the pool area.

Value for money, location and with a team of helpful and friendly staff we will be back to the Cady Cane Inn on our next trip to Disneyland.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cintrus

We know you have many choices when traveling and we appreciate your staying with us. I am happy that your arrival was most pleasant and we do allow guests to check-in early should rooms be available upon arrival. I appreciate your kind comments and our team does a very good job of maintaining the property in a pristine manner. Please feel free to contact me personally when you are returning as it would be my pleasure in assisting with reservations.

Reviewed 7 September 2009

While this hotel is considered a 'moderately-priced" Good Neighbor Hotel, it had ameneties found at more expensive hotesl. The beds were so comfortable with wonderful pillows. I usually don't sleep well away from home but these beds were so comfortable I slept like a baby. The towels were large and soft and pool towels were also provided. The staff was freindly and helpful. The continental breakfast was pretty standard but that's not a bad thing - it was still complimentary - and it was lovely sitting out by the pool to eat. The grounds are beautiful and well kept giving the hotel a very tropical atmosphere. It is just a short walk to Disneyland but the hotel offers a shuttle, which after running the Disneyland half marathon, was a very welcome perk. I would highly recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again on my next trip to Disneyland.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank runnerrae
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2009

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with others. We strive to provide a friendly and warm atmosphere at a moderate price point. We do get many compliments on our Serta double pillow top mattresses and I am happy that your sleep was that of a baby. We do appreciate your business and your kind comments.

Reviewed 7 September 2009

A friend of a friend highly recommended the Candy Cane Inn to us. I was skeptical at first, but once I checked the ratings on Trip Advisor, I thought, let's give it a try. I still can't believe how reasonably priced is is! It's a small yet nice and quaint hotel (has that B&B feel). Our room was very clean and the landscaping was perfect. The CCI is literally two blocks from Dland and free parking and free breakfast! We upgraded to a premium room just so we could have a micro (for our little one), and to have the newspaper and breakfast delivered to our room. What a treat! I recommend that if you have a little extra $$. For me, customer service is so important. Everyone from the shuttle drivers to the housekeepers were so friendly and helpful and HAPPY!. I'll admit it, I really really wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel in the park, but it was too expensive that I couldn't justify spending that kind of money during these tough economical times. Well, let me say that even if I had the money, I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Can't wait to return! Thanks CCI and Trip Advisor!

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank SantaBarbaraTraveler

I am pleased that you listened to your friend and took their advice and I thank you for staying with us. We do pride ourselves on being a quaint, clean, friendly and moderately priced family property with NO hidden costs or fees. Yes, our Premium Rooms offer those extra items that most feel are well worth the added cost. Again, we do thank you for your business and look forward in seeing you on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly for reservations assistance. Warm regards!