2,917 results
All reviewspremium roomfree shuttlebagelsbreakfast deliveredalways on timecontinental breakfastevery half hourminute walkhard boiled eggsshuttle that runsaaa discountafter a long dayshuttle serviceturn down servicevisiting disneylandwelcome basketeach morning
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I choose the hotel based on Travel Advisor and I'm very pride I did. The hotel is conveniently located for visiting Disneyland and California Adventure, completely family friendly (I stayed with my wife an 11 and 5 year old kids) . The rooms are excellent, super comfortable bedrooms and nice HD TV. The breakfast is amazingly complete and fresh, and you can enjoy it just beside the swimming pool. The only thing I can point out, the only, is the access to internet. The signal was excellent, but for some reason my laptop couldn’t connect. Having said so, I stayed in two other hotels and have exactly the same problem (common denominator of hotel providing internet with cheap, unsecured routers). I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone visiting Disney with family.

1  Thank TinchoD
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback and sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers. We do pride ourselves in maintaining a very clean and comfortable property while keeping in mind cost constraints of many travelers in today's economy. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need assistance with future rate or reservation information as it would be my pleasure to assist.

Reviewed January 29, 2011

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn 2 years ago and enjoyed the same excellent customer service this month. The park is adjacent to Disneyland yet quiet. The best things about the Inn are the complimentary shuttle, free parking, pool, welcome basket, turn down service, in room breakfast, movie library, micro/ fridge, early check-in, and quick response to service needs. I would encourage guests to pay the few extra dollars for the "premium" room amenities (details are available on the website). A few simple things the hotel could do to create a more comfortable atmosphere include addition of room slippers, put the bathroom fan and light switch on different switches (it is really loud), upgrade towels to larger size, and replace clothes hangers with ones that visitors can remove from the closet rack (to take into the bathroom).

1  Thank TouristSanDiego
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2011

Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us and providing fellow travelers with your comments. We appreciate loyal return guests and your valuble comments allow us to review and improve our product and service. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need assistance on rates or reservations on your next trip. Kind regards!

Reviewed January 24, 2011

We live in San Diego and decided to take the kids to a trip to Disneyland for two days so instead of driving back and forth from Anaheim to San Diego we decided to rent out a room. We booked Candy Cane Inn based on the reviews here but were sadly disappointed. The only good thing I can say about this place is the location and you will pay for that luxury based on the nightly price for a room but from there on it goes downhill. I reserved a "premium room" and with that came the ability to have breakfast delivered to your room every morning which one day they never even brought to us. You also get to choose a movie to rent but their selection is very limited and 90% of their stock is in vhs. The matresses were really old that you felt you would almost fall off the bed if you got too close to the edge since they were not sturdy at all. The room had a old dirty feel to it especially with the look of the carpet. We only used the shuttle once but ended up walking the rest of the time since it took the shuttle way longer to get us to the park. I don't feel we got any value for the price we paid. It had a motel feel to the room. We definitely will find another place next time we visit Disneyland.

2  Thank Janey_J_06

Thank you for staying with us and while we did not live up to your expectations we certainly take your comments seriously. I have attempted to reach out to you with no response to my email, however, I wanted to respond to this review in a timely manner as we DO care and listen to all of our guests. With limited information and not knowing dates of stay we can only generalize and that too can be extremely helpful in our ongoing training. In regards to our Mattresses, I can only apologize that you did not enjoy, however, we have received overwhelming positive comments on our Serta Double Pillow Top Presidential Mattresses that are less than three years old. Our library of children and family movies is something we continually update and while yes I agree many are VHS our players are both VHS and DVD players for convenience of our library as well as if a guest wants to bring from home. Thank you again for your feedback, it assists us in continuing to improve.

Reviewed January 21, 2011

We have been coming here for years. Its clean, the location perfect, friendly, helpful staff, free shuttle service to Disneyland, pools, free breakfast and other amenities all attract our family to the Candy Cane Inn. My daughter loves the free candycanes too :)We have absolutely no complaints, and recoomend this place to friends and family. Thank you Jeff, you staff are obviously hand picked and they all do an outstanding job.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2011

Reading your comments reiterates the pride that my Staff and I have working at the Candy Cane Inn. We believe in ensuring the best of service and cleanliness for all our guests. We know that you have many hotels to choose from, but thank you for being loyal Candy Cane Inn guests! The next time you are back to our hotel be sure to ask our Front Desk for one of our famous Candy Cane Inn pens that smell like peppermint! Hope to have you back again soon! Warm regards.

Reviewed January 21, 2011

We have stayed here many times during the last 8 years. We have tried other places and have been disappointed in them each time and then are upset with ourselves for not staying at the Candy Cane Inn. We will be back many more times in the future.

We did have issue with the wireless internet during our most recent visit which was during the Christmas holidays. It wouldn't connect at any time. We were told that there were issues with the weather, but when the weather was fine, we still couldn't connect. It was a bit of an issue for us.

Everything else at the hotel was excellent! The room was cleaned well daily, although it was cleaned late on Dec. 23rd. We just let the front desk know when we were leaving for the park after that and it was cleaned immediately. The entire staff at the Candy Cane Inn is wonderful! We received a great Christmas gift from the hotel and our girls have loved having hot chocolate in their Candy Cane Inn mugs at home! The ornament was promptly placed onto our Christmas tree at home. The hotel made us feel better about our decision to travel on the holiday- Thank you!

We love the breakfast. It is not only an added value for our money, but a huge time saver as well. We leave the hotel with enough energy to get through a busy morning at the parks.

We love staying here and will be back!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and being a loyal Candy Cane Inn repeat guest. I do thank you for your comments as this feedback assists us in our striving to continue and give the utmost of product and service to our guests. I am delighted that your young ladies are enjoying the Candy Cane Mugs that were in our holiday bag of goodies and you must return next year for the 2011 ornament. Kind regards!