“Not recommended”

Ranked #103 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
sandiego
“Not recommended”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Our church group stayed here for the Religious Education convention. I would recommend another hotel, even though it is conveniently located near Convention Center and Disneyland. Not sure what our Director paid, but I'm sure for a few dollars more, we would all have been more comfortable. Several times our room key would not open the door, I had to go to the office repeatedly for re-keying, until finally the card lock would not work anymore and the manager had to open our room with his metal key, so we were without a key. Inside the rooms are spacious but in need of major updating -- our phone did not have a dial tone, our microwave did not work (manager said we could use his), the smoke alarm was not hooked up, only had the base, no battery or cover (major safety violation), bath towels are thin and itsy-bitsy bars of soap are provided, but no tissue paper, bathroom shower curtains, walls and floors are extremely worn. The continental breakfast is very meager, light brown coffee, orange drink (not juice), didn't try the apple juice, a few danish pastries and mini blueberry muffins (all prepackaged, but not sure if they were fresh) and a loaf of bread for toasting. Time for serious remodeling. Owners tried to accommodate us, but there is just too much needed to recommend this hotel no matter what the cost.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank ready2goSD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Diego
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Okay only reason why we stayed here was because of my Church had paid for the room. First we read all of the terrible reviews and were hoping that they weren't as bad as portrayed. So upon checking in and opening our door, all seemed okay at first. Bed was okay until you really looked at the sheets and pillow cases. They were old and had some holes smaller that a dime maybe not even the size of buttons, but you could tell they were washed. Pillow cases had marks and you could also tell these were washed yet used over and over as some marks were there no matter how many times they were washed. Bathrooms looked like they were right out of the late 60's early 70's. The baseboards in the bathrooms had water damage. Continental B-fast was a cup of juice or milk and a danish (pre-packaged) coffee was like brown water. The owners are from India and acted as if they could care less about how the Hotel and their rooms looked. Anyways, I was there for a Convention and came back after my first day, then my wife noticed bugs in the drain of the tub looked like Lice. My wife went down to the front desk and asked the owner for bug spray. The owner then came up to inspect and told my wife that it was not bugs, but dust. He pressed the bugs with his finger and said look. My wife then looked at the tub where the drain is and saw the bugs still crawling around and told the owner then if it's dust why are they moving. Upon closer look he apologized and started to spray the bugs with a pump spray not an aerosol can spray and the spray wouldn't come out initially after about 8 pumps he managed to get some of the pesticide out of his bottle. We asked that he leave the bottle with us yet he forgot to. Fortunately for us they didn't come back until the next night when we had to ask him for the spray again and this time we kept it. Not sure but could've been lice (RM 122) upstairs above front desk room. Needless to say when we attend this same convention next year we will not be staying here!!

Room Tip: No good rooms here others that were in our group card key readers didn't work, another had no po...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Huhyn619
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE!! Its a no refund, pay up front motel. I think that is due to the number of walk outs they would have. The rooms stank, the air conditioning unit looked unsafe, and the shower curtains were actual curtains. Granted the bathroom was clean. The beds on the other hand were a complete other story. The sheets looked like someone had slept in them for a year without washing. They were thin, gray and disgusting - my friend's looked they hadn't been washed, and mine were either stained, or that thin in places you could see the mattress underneath. I didn't dare get close enough to look just in case I caught something. :-s The blanket and coverlet were no better. I ran right across the road and booked into another motel, only after 20 mins.

Room Tip: choose a room somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Amielouise2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 6 July 2011

My mom and I stayed one night, when we were visiting Disneyland. We arrivede to Anaheim at 6 or 7 pm, and we had driven all the way from Vegas. We just wanted a couple of evening ours in Disneyland.
We checked our coupon heft and tried several hotels/motels like Ramada and Super8, but they could not offer a room!
We saw i think it was $35 or $40 for the Little blue boy! We went in and they had a room!
It was quite small and had a really bad smell! They said that they had just cleaned the carpet, so it was a little wet and stinkey..
We walked the 10-15 minutes and had a great time in Disney.
We got back and both the room and bathroom had an awfull smell... But we slept fine and left the next morning!
I would defenetly recommend this motel if your on a rally tight bidget and are not planning to do anything but sleep at the motel!
Wifi worked fine, pool was really dirty and breakfast was, as i remember juice, toast and a 'danish'..

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank RebekkaValentin
San Jose, California
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Before finding out how to book cheap hotels through another website, we thought the best way to handle our Disneyland addiction while saving money was to go to a rundown motel since all we would be doing was sleeping there at night. Well boy was I wrong!! I didn't think that it could be that bad, but it was scary! The location to Disneyland is great but the location itself was super shady and creepy. When we came home at night, there were a lot of creepy looking people hanging outside of the parking lot of the property. Dimly lit parking lot so I was a tad scared and definitely would not get out of my car if my fiance were not there.

Room smelled old. Bed was stiff and pillows were very thing. The bathroom was clean but all of the decor was old.

Go somewhere else. It is time for the Little Boy Blue to be remodeled/renovated/updated.

Room Tip: Don't get one here.
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gamblnGRL
Gold Coast
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Hotel was good for what it was - somewhere to sleep. Room and bathroom were clean but the tv was terrible we only got 3 working stations. Location was great 5min from Disneyland and across the street from restaurants. The down side was the owners not overly customer service oriented it was like pulling teeth trying to get an extra pillow. Hotel is cheap no frills but it was fine for us

• Stayed May 2011
Drain, Oregon
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I have stayed in alot of motels in my life, but this is for sure the worst. When my wife and I arrived they didn't offer us two key cards for the room. When we arrived at the door we couldn't get in. We went back to the office and they reprogrammed the card and it worked now. We had to get our one card reprogrammed two other times during our 3 day/4 nights. When we finally were able to get into the room it smelt weird, like another reveiwer mentioned, maybe cheap perfume. I went up to the office to let them know the internet wasn't working but they just didn't care. I noticed the one smoke detector hanging off the wall by one wire (picture). I called the front desk and told the woman about this, she just said "OK". I also told here husband the next morning, he replied "OK". When we checked out after 4 nights the only smoke detector was still hanging by one wire (picture). We also noticed that the carpet had horrible stains and was just plain ugly and disgusting. The bathroom sink was also ugly and broken (picture). At one point my wife called me into the bathroom because she couldn't get the water to drain. I found myself on my hands and knees manuelly fliping the lever, ON MY VACATION! It was very hard to sleep between the horrible pillows and the obvious lack of any insulation or sound proofing in the walls. The pillows were honestly the worst I have ever put my head on. I could hear every word my neighbors were saying. I could hear every word of my neighbors to the north, the poor guy was getting his butt chewed out all the time. The couple on the other side were having sex all the time, I am glads my kids weren't with me. The breakfast in the morning was the biggest joke ever. One loaf of white value bread next to a toaster, and two woven baskets, one basket always had two small bear claws, like the ones you would buy at warehouse in a 20 pack. The other backet had two small packages of the small donuts, one choc. and one white powder. They would always open the donuts on one end in hopes that you would only take one or two I guess. These were the very small donuts. No fruit anywhere. This joke continued every morning. We had to go eat breakfast somewhere else every morning. One morning while my wife was in the shower and I was trying to get dressed, someone started pounding on our door. I put my pants on quickly. I opened the door to see the male manager standing there with the master door key about ready to let himself in. I asked him what he wanted. He asked my in a loud voice, "Did you take my tray? My gray coffee tray?" I said "No", then he just walked to the next room and started pounding on the door. What a jerk! He was just going to let himself in the room. Does he often walk in on people changing clothes or walking around naked??? This guy is unbeleivable! When we went to check out the last morning, I walked up to the office with the key card. I found another guest just standing at the counter. I asked her if anyone was helping her (she looked mad). She replied "I don't know where they are, I have been ringing the bell for at least 10 minutes". I told her " I have to get out of this place", and I put my key card on the counter. I gave this place one star because I couldn't give it a half star. Trust me you do NOT want to stay at this place at any price.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here, you will be sorry!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple