3,049 results
All reviews across the street captain kidds free breakfast closest hotel bagels disneyland entrance can't beat the location main entrance perfect location visiting disneyland sofa bed after a long day would stay here again we've stayed mid day fridge and microwave third floor
Reviewed October 6, 2006

My husband, and four year old daughter stayed at this motel for a week and I'd have to say that I had very little to complain about. 5 minute walk to the entrance of Disney, places to eat all over, friendly staff, clean and very comfy rooms. It was a bit small but we were only in the room to sleep so we didn't care. We WILL be staying again next Sept. Enjoy!

5  Thank Woozybug
Reviewed October 5, 2006

I stayed here recently for a short stopover in Southern California. I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms. They looked newly renovated and were very clean. Hotel is right across from Disney and next door to an IHOP. The hotel provides continental breakfast daily but never made it there as the hours were too early (only served til 930a). Tons of restaurants in the area, mostly chains--Outback, Joes Crab, Applebees etc.
This hotel is set up motel style with outside room entrances so can get a bit noisy when families go back and forth to Disney. Otherwise it was fairly quiet. I would definitely recommend this resort to families with small children as the rooms have fridge and small microwave. The only negative I can think of is the air freshener used in the room was a bit overpowering.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank in2xtc
Reviewed October 4, 2006

My 8 year old son and I stayed here Sept 27-30th to do the Disney thing. We paid $89 a night AAA rate. First off, as stated before, it is AT the walkway INTO Disneyland. It is soo close, but honestly, a few steps right or left into another hotel, really would not make any difference one way or another. IMO the hotel was just fine. Older, but clean, comfortable, the bathrooms in our room were fine. I took baths and showers, so did my son. The pillows seemed fine to us, no problems.There was a microwave, small refregerator and POD coffee maker. If you want better coffee, bring your own PODS and creamer. I drank it but had to snatch more pods from the maid. We were on the 3rd floor, overlooking the pool, so it was very quiet. Yes the pool was small but the staff made rounds about every half hour so if something came up, it could be handled quickly. One time the hot (I mean WARM) tub didnt' come on and the guy reset the timer for us. A basket of clean towels were avaliable. There is a laundry room too if you need it. The rooms were kinda small but with only one small boy with me, I didnt' NEED a huge room. The cable TV had limited channels, but then again we were there for Disneyland not TV. I really thought the room was clean and attractive. The free breakfast next door at Captian Kids restaurant was great for us. You go right upstairs and can help yourself to: OJ, Apple juice, Coffee, Tea, milk. 4 kinds of cereal, Raisin Bran, Cheerios, Corn Flakes, or instant oatmeal. Toast, Bagels, Cream Cheese, Donuts, Pastry, Apples, and A huge bowl of hard boiled eggs. Honeslty, walking right up and digging into FREE breakfast, was great and I would totally do it again. They had restauant staff working the room so nothing ran out. It not only saved time it saved money. Thte Best Western down the street was $9 cheaper per night but no breakfast. Well worth it for us. I got in town around 8 pm and found a parking space right away and never moved the car. Right by our room no less. All in all I would book here again, and I have actually. 2 more trips have been booked for the holidays. If you want 5 star go somewhere else. If you want a nice place to crash while you do the parks, its well worth it.

4  Thank Leofoenget
Reviewed October 2, 2006

We were traveling with our 4 yr. and this location was the best there is in convenience if you have small children. The entrance of the hotel is right at the crosswalk to enter Disneyland. Physically, this hotel was THE closest to Disneyland. We paid $109/night--usually it's $119, but we got a discount with AAA. Just mention you're a member, and they'll automatically discount you. No need to show your card. The hotel itself is pretty old. They've put marble counters on the sink area, but the bathrooms are original with no updates. The bathrooms have new showerheads and plenty of hot water available, but the tub and tiles are very old. Our shower had some grout crumbling off. It's saving grace is how clean the staff keeps the bathrooms and rooms and they promptly clean every morning. The beds were surprisingly soft & comfy, (no lumps), but the pillows are god-awful. They were lumpy and the filling inside are all balled up and uneven. We had about 6 pillows in the room, and they were all the same. We requested some different ones, but got the same lumpy ones.

With a 4 yr. old, pool time is pretty important, and this has one of the worst pools I've ever been in. It's SO SMALL, the hot tub was foaming when the jets went off (yuck) and the bathroom in the pool area was so dirty. The pool is right off the parking lot and not in a ver y attractive place.

Overall, this is a great deal for convenience to D-land, but a little to old and run down. They really need to update the bathrooms. My daughter took showers the entire time there- and she's usually a bath girl. Oh, and the continental breakfast, which is next door at the restuarant, is mediocre at best. The everyday fare is warm bagels, cream cheese, jelly, toast, dry cereals, bowl of apples, danishes, juice, coffee and donuts. After the 3rd day, we were pretty burnt out on the selection. It's definitely convenient and free is always good. We went to IHOP the last day (which is next door too) for a little change. And skip Millie's Restaurant a few blocks down. All the staff recommends it, but it's diner food and quality not good.

Parking is free, but good luck finding a spot at night if you decide to go out and there's a $16 room tax per night. Try to stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor so you can avoid being on the parkiing lot level. Would we stay again? Not likely. I think I'l pay $10-20 more a night to stay at Marriott's Fairfield Inn, which is 3 blocks from the entrance of D-land, but new and very nice. Or else, stay at Best Western Anaheim Inn, which is about 3 blocks down from D-land's entrance in the opposite direction. It looks a little bit newer and larger hotel.

7  Thank BainbridgeSuperMom
Reviewed September 27, 2006

This hotel is incredibly convenient to the Disney properties and both my husband and I loved it. We are not youngsters, but found the five minute walk from our room to the entrance gate to be very easy and pleasant.

The staff was friendly, prompt and helpful. The room was large and very clean, and we were amazed at how comfortable the bed was. We usually find hotels in this price range to have very hard beds, but not in this case. The shower was great and there was plenty of hot water. Our room had a microwave and a fridge, making it convenient to keep snacks and drinks on hand. We had a parking spot right in front of our room, so unloading was a snap, and there is no charge for parking. What was really special was the fact that the hotel allows their guests to keep their cars parked on the property until 3:00 p.m. on check- out day. This helped us out tremendously because we went to The California Adventure Park on our last day, and we had plenty of time to see the attractions and get back to pick up our vehicle by 3:00 pm. It was so grate not to have to hassel with parking !

The hotel includes a complimentary continental breakfast at a restaurant right next door. There is not alot of variety offered, (mainly cereals, rolls, coffee and juice), but it is plenty to get you going and sure helps to avoid the high price of food in the parks.

For the money and convenience, I think this hotel is a real find. We would definetely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple