“Dinner Time”

Blake's Place
Ranked #42 of 63 Quick Bites in Anaheim
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Deli
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

We drove a little out of the way for some excellent BBQ...the kids had ribs, my husband and I had BEAUTIFUL salads with what tasted like homemade dressing and some sort of French fry mod podge of beans, brisket, cheese and deliciousness. The service was top notch and our next visit to Cali will include “BLAKE’S”.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 16, 2018

We choose this place before our visit to the States and didn’t really know what to expect. The setting and interior was very low key and informal but the food was delicious and very reasonably priced. Felt like we had a true taste of American barbecue and the proprietor and staff were welcoming and friendly.
If we’re ever lucky enough to make another visit from the UK we’ll definitely be coming back

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

I used Blake’s Place to cater for my retirement party. They were awesome to deal with from start to finish. They are reasonably priced, offer great service, and amazing food.

I ordered a package with pulled Barbecue chicken, Brisket, garlic mashed potatoes and cucumber salad. They provided more than enough for the guests, and the flavor was over the top amazing. I can definitely recommend them for any catering event.

1  Thank deamole
Reviewed January 22, 2018

If you are hungry for great bbq,and aren't watching calories, this is a great place to go. It's a home spun, casual place where the service is what sets it apart. They are very interested in giving you what you want, politely, and quickly. I'd be there much more often if they had more meats without bbq sauce. I love smoked meats, just can't have sugar. So I am limited. But most people aren't so go ahead.... enjoy the big portions, the tender meat, and reasonable prices. Its not about watching your waste here, it's about good food.

1  Thank Diane L
Reviewed January 12, 2018

OK, we are semi regulars at Blakes place for barbecue. Specifically we get their brisket, sliced, by the pound. We usually get a side of bbq beans. Theirs are exceptional. Lately we have been buying a few of their french rolls, loading up with small containers of their barbecue sauces and take it home. We have had their sausage, bbq chicken, tri tip, and it is all good.

This time we asked while ordering about Burnt Ends. Anyone who makes as good a brisket as Blakes knows about burnt ends but they are not on the menu. So we asked. The counter lady said no they dont offer them but she would ask if there were any pieces of brisket they could cut us a few treats from. We had ordered 1.5 LB of meat and when we got home with our bag of blakes food, opened up the hot container of brisket, they had given us ALL burnt ends, the best we have ever had. Dont go in there expecting them but we got some and OMG they were excellent.