Desert Palms Hotel & Suites
US$169
US$129
  • Restaurant
US$152
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$687
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
2,099 results
All reviewsborrego suitewafflesfree parkingminute walkfree breakfastcottage cheesekids suitebunk bedswithin walking distanceright next doorfront desk staffhot breakfastbreakfast roomacross the streetgreat place to stayseparate roomafter a long day
Reviewed February 25, 2012

we have nothing but the highest praise for the desert palms hotel & suites Anaheim resort on west katella. we have stayed there 6 times in the past 10-12 years and each time the service,staff and all amenities have been outstanding. we have traveled with children and grandchildren and have never been disappointed in the slightest way. our time there is simply wonderful and relaxing. the staff always go out of there way to ensure all our needs/wants/requests are met in the most friendly and efficient manner. the rooms are large, comfortable and extremely clean. i cannot recommend the hotel too highly. we are customers for life! thank you. bob.nelson@att.net

Room Tip: we have never had a room that was not perfect, and rely on staff recommendations as to what are the best accommodations for each trip.
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I want to start off saying this is my 4th Hotel stay in the Anaheim Disney area, so I have some experience with hotels here.
I am very surprised by other reviews of this place.Me & the kids stayed Feb. 16th-18th . I made my reservations 3 months in advance and called the week before to check that everything was OK, I was told yes my res. was there and they had no problem with putting our 2 rooms on the same floor. I wasn't asking for next to each other or anything just the same floor. We ended up arriving early I went to the front desk and asked if we could park the car and go to Disneyland they we great about it and said yes. I then double checked that our Res was still OK for being on the same floor in the rooms I had booked and was told it was fine.
After a full day in Disney and walking back at 9pm I tried to check in only to be told that I couldn't have the rooms I booked unless I agreed to have them on different floors because they were now booked solid for the night! Plus I had to pay in full right then and they were adding a $10 per room fee. I had to request a manager, use their PC to find and print the e-mail confirmations for them to see before I could get my rooms and have them on the same floor. It was a tiresome and upsetting 45 mins. after a already long day.
The rooms themselves were old and dirty. Me and the girls stayed in a Yuha Kids Suite, it is tiny. Once the pull out sofa in the "kids room" is pulled out you can no longer get into or out of the room without crawling across the bed.This suite is really just a standard room with a small side area that is the bunk beds and pull out sofa so don't expect a lot of room. The beds are slightly softer than the floor and the room was just dirty. Dirty Towels, wash cloths and bed linens. I mean the wash cloths had stains on them and the towels were covered in hairs and so were the sheets. We later overheard the cleaning staff talking about how they clean the bathrooms with the little complimentary shampoo that's left over from guests. We are luckily a multi-lingual family and could understand them.As of now they are trying to charge me 3 different amounts none of which are the room costs, my bank keeps denying them because they feel it is suspicious that the charges keep appearing then disappearing from the same company over and over in different amounts each time. So we will see.I will update when this gets resolved.
And yes hallways are very muggy.
On the plus it is close to Disneyland ,about a 10 minute walk and if that is daunting at say midnight you can take the #9 ART bus back to the hotel for $3 per adult and $1 for kids over 3.It drops you off right in front of the hotel.
The other plus is the breakfast. It is a good selection and runs from 7am-10am which is a hour longer than most hotels. It has eggs, potato's, sausage patties, toast, waffles, 2 kinds of cereal, oatmeal, pastries , yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit, milk, coffee and orange juice. Plus all the fixings like butter, syrup,jelly, sugars and such. I may have forgotten something but I think that's it, which is a good selection.
All in all I gave it a 3 because of the breakfast and location, otherwise I would give it a 1 and I will never stay here again.

5  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Went to Disneyland for my daughter's 5th birthday at the last minute we decided to stay for the night. I chose Desert Palms for the great price and the room selection. Upon checking in we were welcomed with smiles and excellent customer service. Loved the convenient free parking. The room, pool and lobby were always cleaned and the employees always smiling.

Would Definitely recommend this to anyone who is visiting the land of Disney.

1  Thank DannyA23
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We were surprised to find such exceptional service and value. The employees were very helpful and accommodating. With 2 queen beds in one room and a fold-out couch and adult-sized bunk-beds in an adjoining room, this was the only hotel we could find within a ten minute walk of Disneyland which slept 6. Each room had a flat-screen TV, full closets, and the main room had a small fridge. We had a late flight the day we checked out so they allowed us to keep all 12 pieces of our luggage in a secure room and continue using the heated pool and hot-tub till our shuttle arrived. But what we probably liked best was the complimentary hot buffet breakfast every morning. Which included scrambled eggs, hash-browns, sausage, fruit, hot and cold cereal, milk, orange juice, coffee, and donuts, and several easy-to-use mini waffle-makers. Since it is February and can ocassionally rain, remember to pack a light poncho when at Disneyland or California Adventure. You probably won't believe me but all of this including taxes and fees came to $202 per night.

Room Tip: For meals there's a 7/11 50 paces from the hotel. Across Harbour Blvd there's a Subway, Panda Express, or my favorite is a very affordable Deli which serves lunch specials, great tasting fruit smoothies, and ice-cream.
2  Thank DadDude4
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We enjoyed our stay and will come back because of the comp breakfast, service and the close proximity to Disneyland. The service was great. Our door handle broke and it was replaced within 15 min.

• Stayed: February 2012