New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hilton Anaheim
Ranked #43 of 117 Hotels in Anaheim
“Never stay here!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

What a shocker hotel, Alcatraz in its day would have been a better place to be. I was there on my honeymoon only a week ago and when I had booked I was not told of a cheerleaders competition where 500 or so cheerleaders were screaming, yelling and running down the hallways and crowding lobby's and lifts, it was crazy...however this was just the start!! When checking in they new it was our honeymoon and we were not even acknowledged for this, even being Hilton Honors member. We had to change room three times so we could get some sleep, the rooms are dull and boring, so the renovation was a waste of money and the service...there was none at all! Now you may seem seeing as we had paid for breakfast this might get the day off to a good start..coffee good, orange juice good...food absolutely disgraceful. No concept of hygiene, eggs tasteless, bacon was a joke, it was like it was deep fried and just had been killed three times over, everything else was poor. On the one night after so much walking I decided to have a chicken caesar in Mix Grill (Hilton Restaurant) again the chicken was done in a microwave over and again was that dry I could not swallow it. Please, if you are going to Anaheim, spend the little extra and stay in Disneyland somewhere, great atmosphere and really good places to eat. Jenny (manager at Hilton Anaheim) you had many opportunities to make our honeymoon enjoyable, special or at least comfortable, I will be writing to Hilton when I return to fully vent my frustrations on how you made myself and my wife feel on what was our first leg of our honeymoon...totally disgraceful!!!!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Davezu
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Davezu,

Our sincerest apologizes for your less than satisfactory stay at the Hilton Anaheim during your honeymoon. Due to our proximity to the Anaheim Convention Center (next door) and the Disneyland Resort (across the street) we are host to many different travelers of all ages. That is still no excuse for the incidents that occurred during your stay. We appreciate you making the choice to stay at the Hilton Anaheim on such a special occasion. To hear that we did not seize the opportunity to wow you on your special day is truly a disappointment. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond for our guests as well as “wow-ing” them on those special occasions. A missed opportunity such as this one is why we appreciate your post. If it weren’t for your posting we would not know the areas to improve upon. We will be sure to pass along your concerns to the appropriate department Director’s. As well as hold those accountable that caused your frustration during your stay. Thank you again for your comments Davezu we certainly hope that you will give the Hilton Anaheim another chance in the future.

Best regards,
Jennifer Sacks, Guest Satisfaction Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

My daughter was in a competition recently in LA. I had business and stayed in Palm Desert for one regrettable night in the Embassy Suites there, and then transferred my wife and me to the Convention Center Hilton for three nights. We were extremely surprised. It was much better than I anticipated, and as a Diamond VIP Hilton member, we found they had upgraded us without having to ask for it. Their Diamond Check-in was excellent, the service even for then non-Honors folks was efficient and polite and our check-in service was flawless and efficient. I was pretty irritated at the Big Rat's House desk there in the lobby because they ripped us off by not letting us know the organization my daughter was associated with had a negotiated discount. Even though the person fully knew we were there for the competition. She just took our money, but we were the stupid ones. She was just not real high on integrity. All she had to do was say "you could check with the box office in case they have a discounted day pass rate". But she didn't. But she did work for Disney, so it is more our fault. Food court is very unimpressive and the Starbucks line is ridiculous. But truly the Starbuck's kids are as good as they come. Fast, efficient and they are slammed all day. They need a pat on the back from Starbuck's. Much better than average. We had free stuff coupons and I was very impressed on the second day that the cashier said "Hi" and used my first name from the day before. How did she remember?
Anyway, the hotel is clean, maid service is good, and the gentlemen that brought us a refrigerator and a single bed for our daughter on the first night were as polite as you could be. Downside is the corner Disney View room had no refigerator or Micro? Seriously? Even though we had an entire blank area to the right of the TV that could easily accommodate it. They did bring us the refrig at no cost, but no Micro and the refrig. had the bottom hinge pin missing. But we just dealt with it.
Bathroom was tiny, and definitely for a premium room they need more storage. The parking is pretty excessive, but the internet service was very good. I hooked up an Ethernet switch for my wife and I, and it was snappy.
Bed was very comfortable and clean. Room had a bit of a climate control issue, but overall a good room, good people, and not at all as bad as most convention hotels. Well within walking distance to many good restaurants.

Room Tip: Can't hurt to ask for the Disney view as you can sit and watch the fireworks if you don't wa...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Edge_In_Oregon
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Edge_In_Oregon-

Thank you for choosing Hilton Anaheim to be your home away from home during your travels to Southern California. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We do however, apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the Disney Desk representative and will be reaching out them to find out why you were misinformed. We are also working on ways to minimize some of the costs that you incurred during your stay so please know that your opinion is shared with the decision makers of our property so that we can find resolutions.

Again, many thanks for stopping by TripAdvisor to review our hotel and hope you choose Hilton Anaheim next time you visit our area of Southern California!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Exquisite lobby and great customer service. The hotel is loaded with on site amenities for all ages. Our first night was during a rain event and the drip drip pitter patter on the sliding door frame was enough to drive a person crazy trying to sleep. For this we rated this property on this review a bit lower than perfect.

Be prepared to pay high prices for everything in the hotel restaurant. A $13 per night charge for parking. Local or fast food is several blocks away. Anaheim transit is the shuttle to Disneyland parks which costs a few bucks per person but is reliable and on time.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Yukla27
Dear Yukla27-
Let us begin by saying WOW! Thank you for using such wonderfully expressive words to describe our hotel! I’m sure the readers of TripAdvisor who are planning to stay with us in the future will be really excited to see our lobby and experiencing our property after reading your review! We sincerely hope you’re a Hilton HHonors member also, because being part of the Hilton HHonors family allots you and yours benefits in our shopping outlets, restaurants and even your room rate!

Once again, many thanks for such a kind review and we certainly hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,
Chandler AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

we stayed at the HIlton last week for a family trip to Disneyland. rooms were clean and what you would expect from a Hilton ok but boring. The reason for my title is the hotel charges for everything and charges quite a lot we thought. it started with a 23.99 fee for the breakfast buffett and goes on and on.

Not a great value in our view

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank azmarceau
Dear azcupl2001-

Thank you very much for your review. It’s honestly good to receive reviews like yours because it helps us to better understand your needs and makes us think of ways to make your stay the best it can be. We will be sharing your review with the team to discuss your thoughts and will strive to come up with a feasible resolution. Did you have a chance to partake in the Kid’s Eat Free promotion? For every adult entrée, a child under the age of 12 eats for free! Hopefully, that helped you save a few dollars. Also, if you frequent Hilton family hotels often, I suggest looking into the Hilton Honors program that awards you benefits as you move up levels in the program. Usually those rewards include complimentary wifi, discounts at all our outlets, and much more!

Again, thank you very much and we certainly hope we have the chance to see you again in the future.

San Clemente, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Went to visit Disney land and California adventure. It was a lot of fun. The room had a great view and the room itself was comfortable and clean. It was a bit pricey especially having to pay for parking and internet access, but it was still worth it. Great trip full of great memories.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room that is not adjoining to another. There was some noise from the happy couple n...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JChristian1964
Dear JChristian1964-
Thank you so very much for the wonderful review! We are so glad to hear that you had such a great stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future! Perhaps when Cars Land opens this summer!

Again, many thanks and have a wonderful rest of 2012!

Downers Grove, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on a recent vacation with my family to Disneyland. I booked a balcony room with a fireworks view however upon arrival I was told that room wasn't available even thought I'd paid extra for this type of room. I had to call down to the front desk an renegotiate my rate down to a reasonable level. After 2 nights the manager said a balcony view was available if we wanted to change rooms for the last night of our stay. I'd tell anyone to use caution if you plan on actually getting a fireworks view with balcony. I booked well in advance and checked in very early the day of arrival so it can happen to anyone. At least it won't happen to me because I'm never staying there again.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the fireworks view rooms. Best view is to go to the park in front of the castl...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Alan7513
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Alan7513-

We would like to apologize for the type of experience that you had. We do not take any of our reviews lightly especially ones where we clearly see how upset our guest was over their situation. If possible, it would be great if you could e-mail our TripAdvisor page directly with your room number and dates of stay so we can look into the matter right away. Otherwise, please accept our deepest apology and know that we will be discussing this with our Director of Room Operations so we can find a way to correct these kinds of situations.

Again, our sincerest apologies and we hope to have you as our guest in the future and show you how a Hilton Anaheim experience is meant to be.

Red Bluff, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

There is not enough room here to explain the horrible experience we had. We requested 4 times a refrigerator for my dad's medication due to diabetes, nothing was done until I had to record conversations with managment. They put us a mile into the motel with a handicapped man, and called us liars in front of our children over reservations. 6 hours later, and almost a dozen lies by staff and managment, I hope for the safety of others and those with disabilities that you do not choose this facility.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter what you request, they will place blame somewhere else, regardless of how impo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family