“BEWARE!”

Ranked #39 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Lancaster, California
“BEWARE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I booked a room for 2 nights so we could go to Disneyland for a birthday celebration. I gave them my credit card info, and I let them know we would be arriving late after 10pm. When we got there about 11pm, he told me they had overbooked their rooms and did not have the room I reserved that would accommodate my family! There was a convention in town and most hotels were booked. The man called their other property across the street and found us a room there. That hotel was $33 a day less and a very old motel that I wouldn't normally stay at but we were exhausted and ended up staying there. I think this is bad business and I am hoping it doesn't happen to others!

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Angelina758
CustomerServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Dear Angelina758

We are currently looking into the incident and would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. We really value your feedback. Thank you again for your time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Orange County
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Clean, large rooms, family-friendly, free parking, walking distance to Disneyland and great price. Amazing find!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CCN6
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Great location within an easy walk to Disney Land and numerous food options nearby, the room was great the staff were fantastic

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I just returned from our Disney vacation. We booked the Islander based on reviews from Tripadvisor and let me say we were not disappointed. The rooms were clean, the front desk staff was friendly and helpful, the cleaning staff were there every morning with a cheerfull "good morning." The location is very close to mini-marts if you need to grab a few things for the family or yourself, which we thought was great. Overall, we will return here for our next Disney vacation as the Islander exceeded our expectaions. One last thing, just want to say hello to AJ at the front desk from Andy and Nina.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank andy g
sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

Travelling as a family of 5 , hotels that can accommodate all of us in one room are few on the ground. The islander is motel style and certainly not glamourous but it is clean, conveniently located and good value for money.

• Stayed January 2012
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

We've stayed here a few times in the family suites, so we thought we'd go again as a couple. They had only giant rooms, and put us in a corner. There was no wi-fi access AT ALL from our room. Since we were there on business AND pleasure, that was really a problem. The rooms are always great, and this time was no exception, and walking to Disneyland is okay, but tough on the way "home" as it's one of the farthest to walk to. Love having micro/fridge especially since the "breakfast" is pretty lame. But if you need large, spacious rooms, this is definitely the place to stay.

Room Tip: If you need wifi, get a center room, not the far corner.