“Best Place to Stay!”

Ranked #11 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Southbury, Connecticut
“Best Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Anyone new to the PVI - they are simply the best. I just booked our 3rd stay there & wouldn't stay anywhere else. Travel from LAX to their doorstep is a piece of cake on the Disneyland shuttle. The rooms are very good, beds comfy, you literally walk across the street to enter Disney - which means if you need a rest in between rides you can do just that & then go back for more. The staff is excellent - has been incredibly helpful in a couple of pinches we've been in, and free breakfast, cookies, fruit and water to boot! Plus, as a parent trying to make money stretch, you cannot possibly beat the price! Thank you PVI for making our trip pleasant, restful and, most of all, possible!

Room Tip: If you stay on the second floor you can see the fireworks at Disneyland from your window.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CABmof2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
Penngrove, California
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We really enjoy the Park Vue Inn. The staff are always warm and friendly from the managers to the housekeepers. They all do a wonderful job. They are quick to get your room ready for you to start your Disneyland vacation. The fact I am able to park my car and not use it the whole time I am there means something to me. Walking distance to the park is a major plus. You can lay in the pool at night and see the fireworks too. The nice welcome gift is so appreciated and if it is your birthday the cute tasty cake from Cold stone is a blast to have.

Room Tip: kids use the bunk bed rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan D
Norwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Ok. This is a harder review to write. The reality is that these rooms are older and smaller than those we are used to staying in. It's not a 4 star hotel BUT it's 1. Affordable 2. RIGHT outside both California Adventure and Disneyland. 3. Management is thinking outside the box. Cookies, juice, lemonade, and lemon water in the lobby. Free breakfast, including waffle maker, free "kiddie" dinner for folks taking a siesta, Welcome Basket, with WINE and fruit, Free Internet access, and the middle of the Disney chaos, a hot tub and a pool where, if you do the back stoke just right you can look at the stars and palm trees and transport to another place. Things that bugged me...we only had 3 thin drawers. I'm an unpacker. It just frustrated me not to be able to unpack, not enough drawer space. The room didn't have any extra space, so that bag that couldn't be unpacked was always in the way. Not to mention the stuff we bought. Crowded!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank BostonComputerChic
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2012

First off you need to understand what type of lodging this is, a circa 1950s Motel. I tend to stay in more upscale hotels so if you are expecting Hotel or resort style accomidations this is not the place for you. I was taking 3 toddlers and 2 teenagers to Disneyland so I wanted an excellent location, good value, and clean rooms. Park Vue is all of those things. Being a 1950s motel you will have small rooms and small older bathrooms. Being a motel the beds and linens are not luxurious. The room however is very clean. The property is right across the street from disneyland, even my Mother (aka Grandma) could walk it without a problem. The breakfast and light afternoon snacks are a great bonus and not having to pay Disney for parking is great. This type of motor lodge would run $69 to $79 per night in a normal town buy since you are right across from Disneyland and that saves you on parking (plus factor in the free breakfast) I would say that makes this a very good deal. Also not the staff is very friendly and check in was simple. Watch the Disneyland fireworks from the terrace they serve breakfast on and it was a great view

4 Thank nicole v
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This was our second stay at Park Vue Inn. Both times we have had great deals. This last time we went up to celebrate both of our children's birthday's. When we got back to our room after an incredible time at Disney, The room was filled with balloons, and each had a large birthday bag full of cayrons, coloring books, activity books and more. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, quite and enough space for our family.

Thank you Park Vue Inn in helping create a wonderful family vacation. We will be back.

Room Tip: We had a room with bunk beds and a queen upstairs. It was quite.
1 Thank Erin P
La Mesa, California
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is a small privately owned hotel and is directly located across the street from Disneyland. My wife and myself stayed in the Jacuzzi suite for a week which they have four of in the corners of the hotel. Walking past other rooms we could see inside they had many types of rooms including a single bed, single bed with bunk beds or two beds with bunk beds, which would be nice for families.

The pros.
This hotel has a free breakfast and a social meal for dinnertime both for free. The breakfast was simple with eggs bacon biscuits and gravy, cereal, waffles, donuts, toast, fruit, milk, and several juices. The dinner changed each night of the week, they included: Hamburger sliders, chicken sliders, enchiladas, nachos, tacos, mac&cheese with chicken nuggets, each night they also had salad, vegetables and soup. The park is right across the street so you can easily walk between the park and your hotel and not have to worry about driving and paying to park or for having to wait for a shuttle. The room came with a welcome basket with water wine (which we substituted for sparkling cider), and fruit. They also had an extra gift it was a couple mugs with candy and some balloons.

The cons.
The walls in the room are thin and you can hear everything going on outside so don’t plan on sleeping in at all since you will hear screaming kids, banging on doors to rooms around you, and the carts from the housekeepers going by (keep in mind we were in the corner and they didn’t go right by us so I can only imagine how loud it was for the other people).

Most of the staff were not easy to deal with. The end of our stay is when we had the most problems. We woke up to ants in the room, we could easily see them on the tile and all over the bathtub but I’m sure they were in the carpet as well but the carpet was a darker color. Maintenance came to take a look (who barely spoke any English) and thought it was because of the air conditioning unit. We then requested to change rooms because they were going to spray the ant poison into the air conditioning unit and we did not want to have the poison being blown around the room. We packed up our things and they would move it to the new room while we were at Disneyland for the day. Upon on our return from Disneyland for the day we got our new keys and went to the new room to find our door wide open with all of our stuff there for anyone to take which include our laptops, wallets, car keys, etc. since we only took what we needed for the day in Disneyland. When we talked to the front desk about the door being open the only reply was that it was because they were putting Balloons and roses in all the rooms for valentines day. About an hour later we were disturbed with a knock on the door saying “housekeeping” when answering the door it was one of the maintenance workers that handed us a paper saying if we wanted to stay another night we could get a discounted rate (that was only $10 less than what we were currently paying per night). In addition we had found a old rusted razor blade that looked like it had been on the walkway for a while that would not have been good for someone or a child running around if they fell (or as some children do run around barefoot since there is a pool on site).

Upon checkout we spoke to a supervisor since there was no supervisor or manager the evening before. All she could do was say sorry for the inconvenience. She then went to check us out and told us that we still owed money on the room. We then disputed that and said we paid in full when we checked in; her reply was that they accidentally undercharged us. After a bit of a discussion she said she would discount the amount we owed ($23) as a courtesy for our problems but she was unable to do anything else and only the manager could do more. I informed her that I would want to talk to the manager who was not there that day because of an emergency but she would have him give me a call the next day. She gave us our final receipt and we left, I had to immediately go right back to the front desk since I noticed that she did not discount the amount owed and just charged us. To which she replied, “I thought you wanted to talk to the manager.” In reviewing the receipt further you can see that they did not under charge us, they had increased the price of our room when they changed our room. The next day did I get a call from the manager? No, I had to call him the day after. The manager Brian was a nice guy. I requested for a refund of the last night stay since that is where we had the biggest problems, keeping in mind we stayed 7 nights, he would only refund half of the last night we stayed because he would have to explain it to the owners on why he gave a refund at all. He also explained that he was not the only one who could do refunds but the supervisor couldn’t because they could not be trusted with it from past experiences. However one of the other people who could have taken care of me was in a little later in the day that I had checked out and they supervisor should have had him handle it or even give him a call since he was away but instead I was told I would get a call that I never received.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Ducky89
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We've stayed in several hotels in the area and this was definitely our favorite. The location is simply perfect for quick and easy access to the Disneyland resort. The room was clean and the beds quite comfortable. We loved the breakfast and pool/hot tub and extra touches like welcome basket and Valentine flowers. We also took advantage of the laundry room and free parking. All of this for a great price. I would highly recommend this hotel!

1 Thank Tara S