New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #58 of 117 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Easy two day trip to Disneyland and California Adventure.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Our group decided to go to Disneyland and California Adventure, for a birthday trip and opted to stay at the Red Lion Hotel overnight.

The Hotel was booked online and the amenities were clean and the bed was comfy. The only drawback was the shower would only get to a warm temperature, which I guess was ok but not that hot shower I was looking for after a day running around at Disneyland,,,my feet were wanting that warm hot bath to soak the ache in my feet away.

The free breakfast was included in our room stay, and we were able to purchase our two day Disney tickets at the hotel for a great price of $99.00 which included one day at Disneyland and our second day at California Adventure.

The hotel also has a gift shop is well stocked with Disney garb,,,Mickey hats ect. at discounted prices than you can get in the park so load up on those before you go to the park to save some money on those wants for the kids. Our group of girls opted for the Mickey beanies, and remember more than two is a gang,,haha

You can save on parking your car for free at the hotel and either take the roundtrip Anahiem shuttle for $4.00 per person or park at Disney for $15.00 per carload. We opted to take the shuttle the first day and the Disney parking the next.

All in all an easy trip to Disneyland to celebrate a 50th Birthday.

Room Tip: We stayed in a high room with a King bed. The view is of the surrounding area, which ours included...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Greg L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

My kids and I loved the breakfast and the room was a good size as well. However the 3 pm check in time was a bit late and we still went to our rooms tired wanting to take a shower and to find out no water untill 5pm due to repairs. I wish that we would have been notified at least. Also I stayed 2 nights and no room service to come stock our room up, as guest I don't think we should have to call to get things done.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
caanah845, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Standard check in time is at 3 pm. Hotel honors early check in at no extra fee should we have rooms available at time of arrival. Thank you for your patience and your understanding
Stockton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

We just returned from a trip to Disneyland and we stayed at the Red Lion Hotel on S. Harbor in Anaheim. This was one of the worse places I have ever stayed. The staff is not friendly nor helpful. The hotel advertises shuttle service to and from the Disneyland parks. They don't have a shuttle service...it is the Anaheim Resort Transportation that stops out front! We had repeated asked about the "shuttle" only to be told it picked you up out front every 20 minutes., They never told us we had to buy passes first. so needless to say, we had to walk to and from the parks.
Also the ice machines hardly worked and by the 3rd day, they didn't work at all. There was little to no water pressure in the shower. But the worst experience was having my 21 month old granddaughter playing on the floor of our room and finding some kind of pill, which of course she popped right into her mouth. It was full of some type of cream. I don't know if was a bath gel or a suppository. Fortunately we saw it immediately and got it out of her mouth. when we reported this, we again were told that no manager was onsite (same when we complained about the shuttle, or lack therof. the desk clerk "assured" us she would report the pill matter to the head of housekeeping. we have no way of knowing whether she did or not. No one has contacted us as we requested or checked to see if our granddaughter was ok or not. Horrible stay!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your feedbacks with us and allowing us to take necessary actions to seek ways to improve ourselve. We apologize no managers available to be at your assistance at time requested. Director of housekeeing was informed with the incident and was able to follow up with team and to ensure no similiar incident is to repeated in the near future.

Art Shuttle servive available and provided by the city of Anaheim. Kiosk machine located in the lobby level to purchase for the shuttle passes. Again, apologize if the information was not provided during your visit with us.
Valley City, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

This hotel is located within a very beautiful walking distance of Disneyland and California Adventure. If you prefer not to walk they do offer a shuttle for a small fee.

My girlfriend and I showed up extremely early before regular check-in time but they allowed us to check in early which was really nice. As soon as we walked into the room we were greeted with mellow meditation-style music that felt like we were entering a paradise. The room is very nice. The website advertises they use bath & body works but the only thing I saw that was by them was the conditioner.

Ah, the conditioner. There was none in our room when we checked in. I called the front desk and she said someone would be up with some. No one was so I went into the hall and ran into a housekeeper. I asked the housekeeper for some conditioner and she handed me 3x shampoos and 4x lotions. The only English she could speak was telling me to call the front desk. I called the front desk again and finally received some conditioner shortly after.

As for the quietness of the room, we were on the eighth floor and I knew we had neighbors because I heard their TV once but other than that the rooms are quiet. I enjoyed that a lot. The view from the rooms (even if you do not get the fireworks one) is still very good. My girlfriend and I intended to watch the Disneyland Fireworks from the park itself but feeling ill we retired to the hotel where we found a pretty decent area to watch them by the pool.

The breakfast was decent but I expected more. They serve the typical oatmeal, eggs, bacon, hash browns, sausage, fruit, pancakes, etc. My college cafeteria serves this so we eat it so much we were hoping for something else.

I was debating between this hotel (which I had not heard of) and the Hilton (which is known by a lot of people to be a good hotel). Calling the red lion reservations department sold this hotel to me. The lady I spoke to (wish I could remember her name!) was very courteous and willing to answer all of my questions. She even allowed me to use the Military discount with only my Future Soldier ID that marks me as an enlistee who has not gone to Basic yet.

If I am ever in the area again I will definitely stay at this hotel. From the exterior to the interior this is a nice place. We do have a few gripes which I mentioned above but they are very minor and did not hinder our enjoyment.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Andrew C
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we definitely look forward to your return with us for another wonderful stay.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Just stayed again at Red Lion. The rooms were great as usual and the location is ideal for Anaheim Convention Center. The breakfast though is very limited......you really need to widen the range on offer, particularly the level of cut fresh fruit (melon / orange and grapefruit segments etc.) Also little disappointed that when turned up for breakfast at 9.15am, there was virtually no fruit or bread left! Overall would recommend to all travellers, just need to sharpen your act a bit on breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike L
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

This hotel has lots of special pricing - AAA, senior, etc. but at the very bottom of the list was something called "Making Memories". Great room price, parking was included, plus breakfast buffet for 2 and kids under a certain age eat free. The room started out at $79/night but after all the taxes it came to $91.76. The buffet would have been $10/person and parking was extra also with other room rates. It pays to look at all the options. Very convenient and quiet. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: In some rooms you can see the fireworks display at Disneyland. If you don't get one of those you...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business