“Great stay at Residence Inn Maingate”

Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #31 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
bc
“Great stay at Residence Inn Maingate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Friendly staff, very helpful. Twice I asked for a couple things , they were at the door in 15 mins or less. They ought my groceries and did a great job. Good breakfast, I liked the condo layout. The Penthouse suite worked fabulous for what we needed. Sofa bed a little uncomfy but I asked for an extra mattress and they delivered promptly. The manager made sure we got any requests we asked for. Was very happy with the stay. I have stayed in nicer rooms but for our trip and experience it was great!

Room Tip: Condo 21,22,23 (I believe) have almost your own hot tub by your room.
1 Thank higgyBc
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear higgyBc,

It’s great to read that you enjoyed a “great” stay with us. Thank you for complementing our staff and their promptness. Every one of our employee’s works very hard to make sure your stay is most excellent. The kitchen staff that purchases the groceries is great at finding your requested items. They shop at Albertson’s grocery store so if you go online you can see what items they have so you can pick and choose ahead of time. Feel free to send me any grocery orders if you would like them in your room prior to arrival: krosales@rimhospitality.com

Thank you for your great review. I cannot wait for your next trip down to see us!

Sales Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Port Macquarie, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We arrived from San diego before check in time and were given an accessible room at ground level. We found the room spacious ,clean and a well stocked kitchen(full size fridge,coffee,water etc) Free wi-fi fireplace, couch, microwave and closet.Sure it was a bit dark but we were gone from 9am until 11pm every day.Parking was free and the laundry is 24hrs.There is also a kiosk that stocks convenience foods,drinks and sundries. Cant say I felt any "warmth" from the front desk staff but they did their job. Breakfast was adequate unless of course you require a 5 star meal in which case you wouldnt stay here.It was full our entire stay. Mariott are doing something right hey ?

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gidget_8
Dear gidget_8,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. It is great to read that the front desk staff found an available room to check you in to. Due to the many families we house, we typically don’t have any rooms ready until guaranteed check in time which is at 4pm. However, we welcome you to leave your luggage with us and park your vehicle in our lot until your room is ready. Keep in mind that if we do have something available to check in to, we would be more than happy to get you settled in.

I apologize that you did not receive the “warmth” you expected from our front desk. I understand how important a welcoming can be. With that being said, I will make sure this is addressed to our front desk staff as well as our front desk manager.

We would love to see you back the next time you are in the Anaheim area again!

“Suite” Regards

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Great location! Breakfast is fantastic. Rooms are very comfortable and the kitchens are great for a hotel. Great location Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: Pick something away from the pol and basketball court.
1 Thank Travellingfamily003
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Travellingfamily003,

I have to agree with your “great” review! Thank you for such a short and sweet review. I can guarantee we will see you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance in booking a future reservation: krosales@rimhospitality.com

“Suite” Regards,

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We were hesitant to stay off site during our Disneyland vacation. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel last time and didn't think anything else would be comparable. Although it is a great hotel, I'm glad we chose this hotel. We had the one bedroom suite with two queen beds for our family of four. The room has a spacious living room with fireplace, TV, sofa, chair and coffee table. A full kitchen off the living room has everything you might need. Plates, utensils, pots, pans...everything! Plus all appliances including an auto ice maker in the freezer. We were also given dish detergent! The bedroom has 2 comfortable beds, TV, dresser and large window. A small hallway with two large closets leads into the vanity area and toilet/shower area. The vanity area had lots of storage space as well. The beds were comfortable. The hotel includes complimentary breakfast which is a huge assortment of waffles, eggs, breakfast meats, biscuits, gravy, fruit, cereal, muffins, yogurt, etc. We ate something different every morning. We were also able to bring the food back to our room so we could eat while getting ready. The staff was friendly, resposive and addressed all our needs. They even allowed my parents to park in the lot when they met us to go to Disneyland. We took the shuttle once which was nice and picked up/dropped off in the parking lot and was one of the closer stops in DL. But the walk is really only about 10 minutes. Our room was near the patio and we enjoyed the fire pit nightly. Our kids used the play ground and the pool (heated) and spa. The grounds are beautifully kept and everything is clean. With free parking, free breakfast and close to DL, we will definitely stay here again! Can't beat the value.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor 2 room suite.
3 Thank crews95
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear crews95,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on our hotel. I am happy that your hesitancy didn’t interfere with selecting us as your Disney hotel! The One Bedroom suite you stayed in is absolutely perfect for a family of four. The suite can accommodate up to six people if you include the sofa bed. I cannot agree with you more when you say that our full kitchenettes “have everything you need”. Every single suite on property will come with fully equipped with a kitchen, living room area and a sofa bed; hence our motto “home away from home”.

A tip for all future and returning guests; the day of check out you are able to leave your vehicle parked with us until the park closes. This can be very helpful if you only want to spend a few hours at the park but don’t want to spend the money on parking at the park. Keep in mind that parking at our property is free!

I am so glad that you will be back again to stay with us. You are so correct that we have a value that you cannot beat! We hope to see you soon!

Monterey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

The first night we had a ground floor studio that was much grimmer than when I moved to the same studio floor plan but second level. It was clean and the kitchen is a great bonus. No elevators. Great free parking and quiet really unless you stay right by main pool area. Lots of families with a sub par breakfast that is included but super crowded. Better to cook in suite. Very decent location. Pets allowed and plenty are there. Good grounds. Maids very slow but busy and nice. I was a little bummed to hear a couple checking in as walk ins for 1/4 less than I paid for same room by reserving online...

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank JodieS32737
Dear JodieS32737,

I appreciate your time in writing a review on our hotel. I am sorry that our first floor room was not suitable for you, I am glad that my team was able to get you into a suite upstairs. Our 25 separate buildings are only two story units that are accessible from outdoors. The grounds have designated doggy areas just in case you decide to bring your furry little friend ($100 pet fee). As far as rates go, aside from rooms being differently priced, guests can also acquire discounted rates for many different reasons; such as: AAA rates, government rates, Travel agent rates, senior rates and Walt Disney Travel rates.

Give us a call next time you plan on coming down to the Anaheim Resort area!

“Suite” Regards

Placerville, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Meh. Definitely dated. Been here one day and here are our observations.

On the bad side: Very old furnishings. The couch in not sit-able. (Although the chair is okay.) The closets are the old pull out bi-fold type, and they scrape across the carpet. Not enough towels. Not enough hangers. Cramped space. If you've ever stayed at a Woodfin Suites, they are light years better in terms of space. Like a thousand light years. Lots of dust and dirt in pretty much every corner of the room and on the counter tops. Dirt marks on the walls. The TV has horrible controls. The entrance way in cramped for space. It's got a fireplace, but it requires real wood, so, unless you plan ahead you'll be SOL. Beds are okay. Just a tad better than mediocre. Very, I mean very very loud showers and sink noise from neighbors. Bathroom fan is noisy and doesn't actually do much. And you can't turn the light on without the fan coming on, so if you have to use the facilities at night, plan on waking people up, or going in the dark. The bed coverings are thin, so you if you get chilly you have to crank on the heat, which is also very noisy.

On the plus side: kitchen, for making your own meals and saving some money. Free breakfast, which is a full hot breakfast with eggs, bacon, potatoes, plus everything else. It's really very good. Although if you don't go early you won't find a seat unless you troll the isles and jump as soon as someone makes a move to leave. Very close to Disney, walkable in 10 minutes. Bus stop for ART right outside. Free parking, which is sweet. That's always a plus for me, even though it doesn't really save a ton of dough. It's the principle of the thing. Cute Disney picture over the fireplace.

So, you can find places with kitchens, but they're going to be farther away by a bit, and they won't have free parking. But they're going to be way cheaper. That's essentially what it comes down to. And perhaps they have nicer, newer furnishings, which would be great. Don't get me wrong, it's live-able here, just for the price I kinda expected more cleanliness and a useable couch and a better bed and less dirt.

1 Thank Janet B
Dear Janet B,

I want to begin by apologizing that your stay was not as great as some of our other reviewers. Since you are a TripAdvisor user, I am sure you have taken the time to read our previous reviews and know that mediocre stays are very rare. With that being said, I would like to simply touch on some of the issues you’ve mentioned:

• Rooms: I do realize that because we have so many families visit us throughout the year that our furniture experiences plenty of ware and tare. Because of this, our preventative maintenance team works on these rooms to ensure the little things are recognized and fixed.
• Space: An average hotel room is about 300 sq ft. Our hotel offers rooms from as small as 450 sq ft. to as large as 800 sq ft. If more space is what you generally prefer, than I suggest looking into our larger suites (Penthouse/Two bedroom).
• Replenished items: Depending on what type of suite you book, there is an expected amount of guests that are in the room. So, if there are more items needed, it is best that the desk is contacted so we can note that a certain amount requested is replenished daily.

I understand that moving rooms can be a bit of a difficulty. Nonetheless, we would prefer to be informed of issues as soon as possible so we have the opportunity to fix them. My goal was to touch up on your points and at the same time inform our future TripAdvisor guests of alternatives. I also want to thank you for your compliments on our breakfast and kitchenettes. I hope that we can get the opportunity to accommodate you once more.

If you would still like to discuss this manner I invite you to contact me at any time at (714)782-0047/krosales@rimhospitality.com.

Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We loved this place! We planned a trip to Disneyland with our daughter, son-in-law, and grandbaby. The penthouse suite was just the ticket! A loft and bath upstairs for us and a private bedroom with bath and 2 queens on the main floor. Lots of space and what a breakfast buffet! Tons of things to choose from and good quality considering the number of families eating there.
Staff everywhere was great - front desk, rooms, dining room.
The Anaheim shuttle stops right on the property every 20 minutes so you don't have to fool with parking.
Nice play area and heated pool. What else could you want?

2 Thank racewife
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear racewife,

I am pleased to read that you loved our property. The Penthouse suite seems like it suited you all perfectly. You are absolutely correct that the suite provides just the right amount of privacy for families. Not to mention the fact that there is also a full kitchen, living room area and a fireplace to add the perfect touch.

Breakfast is by far a popular attribute of this hotel. We have one of the largest complimentary buffet breakfasts in the area. Everything from hot/cold cereals, to two different types of meat, to eggs, to make your own waffles! There is such a variety that we offer that even guests with food preferences have a selection.

Thank you again for your time in filling out this review. Hope to see you very soon!