“Great food , Great Service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kobe Steak & Seafood
Ranked #84 of 158 Restaurants in Antioch
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Not sure what took us so long to go here as it is close by. We went on a Sunday afternoon. We had Sushi , My Daughter had Terriaki Chicken. I had a draft beer and my wife had a Pina Colada . The beer was fresh and cold, Her drink was very tasty. My wife had an Antioch Roll. of course we share .... It was fantastic flavor. Spicy.. I had Sashimi Sushi Combo it was fantastic. Our server was very good. We will be going back when we are craving Sushi and Japanese food!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I'm half Japanese and raised on Japanese food and I've been to Japan several times. I say this, because I know good Japanese food. My daughter and I had lunch there a couple months ago in hopes to find some good food. We were both disappointed. The food in my eyes were a 2 out of 10. We ate, but did not enjoy.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

A horrible first time experience...husband and I bought a Groupon for this place. We are new to the area a have been trying different places around. Now, we aren't food snobs but we definitely know good food, service and the food industry business.
The entrance door, you have to walk around the entire building from where the parking is. It's in a not so nice shopping area of antioch. Faded paint, holes in the stucco where someone had punched, stucco crumbling off the walls, weeds growing in cracks of the parking curbs. I explain all this because if your going to a pricey place, you expect nice. Period.
We made reservations for 7:30. As we get to the hostess two girls were there explaining to us that the hibachi tables were unavailable, so we sat at a table for two away from those areas. Looking around, the ambiance is quite nice, nice decorations, quality lighting ect. Then we look at the menu..... we thought it's somewhat pricey, so it must be good.... right? WRONG.
Honestly the food was awful.. we would have been better off going to 7Eleven, getting a Polish dog, and a slurpe for 5 bucks, AND BEEN SATISFIED..
He ordered a seafood dinner and it came with rice, salad and miso soup. Everything thing was terrible, no flavor, and all the fish was frozen and cooked dry.
I ordered shrimp tempura dinner and it came with the same sides. My food was cold, the shrimp was barley cooked, and everything else again was lacking flavor. We did both order sushi rolls and those were just OK.
Not to mention our waitress must have been new because she came to our table literally 10 times during us eating and asked if everything was ok and if we needed anything else. So many times it was awkward after the 3 time. We didn't finish our food, asked for the bill, paid and scurried OUTTA THERE.
Don't try!!

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Tried to celebrate a birthday with family, we were seated immediately and had a entire hibachi table to ourselves, which we found strange as just a group of 3. At first we were pleasantly surprised to be celebrating alone, but the evening quickly went downhill. Our hibachi chef did his best and had some new variations to the typical hibachi routine but where he made up with presentation he lacked with quality of food. The scallops and chicken were undercooked and the rice and vegetables were excessively seasoned with soy sauce. We expected much better for the prices we paid which were higher than most Japanese steakhouses. When the check arrived we inquired about the free birthday meal which is advertised on the outside as well as inside of the restaurant. We were told that the free meal only applies if you purchase 4 meals and the 5th is free or something bizarre like that. Either way we didn't go for a free meal but they have it plastered everywhere, and it is a rather unusual caveat for the deal.

Bottom line, I'd drive farther for something different and would just altogether skip this Japanese steakhouse is driving farther isn't an option.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

I was really looking forward to this experience, but honestly, this was the absolute WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN MY LIFE!

They had a deal posted on Groupon: $24 for $40. I called the restaurant before buying the Groupon to make sure that if I purchased it they would honor it THAT night. After waiting a few minutes while the woman on the phone went to confirm, I was told yes, they would happily accept it and to come on in. Awesome! I went ahead and bought the Groupon, now confident with the purchase, & excited to try something new.

After my meal, I told the waiter I had purchased a Groupon & he told me no problem and that he'd be back to redeem it. About ten minutes later he tells me that his boss, THE OWNER, won't accept it and there is nothing that he, or anyone else, can do. I explained how I HAD CALLED AHEAD OF TIME TO CONFIRM & could even show him proof on my phone, but after the waiter had gone back and forth to speak with the owner a number of times (apparently there wasn't even an on-site manager to talk to and the owner himself was not willing to speak to me at all) the waitstaff made it very clear that the owner could care less about the situation and that I was lied to and lured in to this restaurant under false pretenses. I was not offered any kind of compensation for THEIR MISTAKE, and in fact was TOLD that they expected me to pay the full price of the bill (on top of a Groupon that I bought and have zero intention of using, so I WAS SCAMMED into spending over 3 times the amount of the Groupon).

Thanks for ruining the first free evening I've had (or will have) in a long time, Kobe Steak and Seafood. It was an experience I'll never forget.

1  Thank nyoshimoto296