All reviewskoi pondsanta cruzsea cliffstate beachseacliff beachwestern hotelsbest westernshot tubpool viewnice poolfree breakfast ison site restaurantgreat place to stayclean roomsvery nice hotelshort driveyogurt
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Nice day trip ended into a weekend of fun and leisure. Clean nice rooms with great beds and pillows. Nice pool an jacuzzi area. Great Lounge, restaurant and bar with band. Very nice experience close to great food, beach, and ok golf.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night here. We ate at the restaurant at the hotel. The food was cold and the staff seemed irritated that we came for a late dinner. Our waitress came to ask if we wanted desert so the "desert guy" could go home- we were not even done with dinner! There was some sort of party in the next room, walls are thin!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NORA H
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Overall this hotel is a nice property; Beautiful grounds, great food, clean rooms, great location, just what one needs from a hotel. My only suggestion would be a change od staff. I have stayed multiple times at this property and it seems like management is going from better to worse with their staff selection. The last time I stayed was Aug 2011 and was stronly satisfied with the service I received. I was Welcomed, Acknowledge, and Thanked for staying. I wished I had the same thing to say for my latest stay (Dec 2011). I immediately notice a change of staff. Specially after not feeling welcomed upon arrival. The staff was rude, clueless, and had no customer service what so ever ( even though two claimed to be supervisors and assistant managers; not a very good representation for such a big hotel chain)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank Fox M
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a visit to the Monterey area and we stayed at Best Western Plus for one of the nights. We booked directly with Best Western and the senior rate with breakfast was about $100. Here are some pros and cons of this property:
Pros: Reasonable rate for area, staff at front desk and others were very nice and helpful, the rooms surround a garden-like area with pool, koi pond and other amenities and the breakfast included with the rate is above average with scrambled eggs, bacon, waffle and usual fruits and cereals, free newspaper at breakfast.
Cons: Hotel is next to highway one and units numbered in the 100s and 200s receive the most highway noise, the heating and air unit is a wall unit and can be noisy, and rooms are somewhat small.
If you want minimal noise choose rooms numbered 400 and above. We stayed in 205 and it had highway noise but it wasn't too bad. Overall it was a nice experience although I might look for an alternative if I return but it may take a more expensive site.

Room Tip: As noted in review choose rooms numbered 400 and above to minimize highway noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank travelnice
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed here after our wedding as well as most of the wedding party. Stayed here 2 nights around NYE. We had a double room in the 500's. Close to the bar and pool. The bathrooms are a little small here, but the complimentary breakfast makes up for it. They even give you ticket vouchers off your meal at Severino's if you sleep in past the complimentary breakfast. The hotel is really close to the freeway, the beach and Santa Cruz. My only complaint is the beds were pretty hard and uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 600's upstairs are close to the pool and bar.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple