All reviewskoi pondsanta cruzsea cliffstate beachseacliff beachwestern hotelsbest westernshot tubpool viewnice poolfree breakfast ison site restaurantgreat place to stayclean roomsvery nice hotelshort driveyogurt
Reviewed April 19, 2012

A friend and I went down to California in February to get away from the rain and snow of winter here in Squamish. We were looking for accommodation that was affordable, close to amenities and the area that we would be partaking in the majority of our activities for the week that we were there. A friend (whom we met up with whilst there), recommended that we try the SeaCliff Inn and we were both glad that he did!

The accommodation was great—nothing fancy, but clean, with friendly staff, a great pool and easy access to the local activities that we were there for! There is a included free breakfast every morning and it is a great chance to meet some of the other guests. We also ate at the hotel resturaunt one evening and the food, as well as the service was impeccable!

All in all, I will definitely stay here again when I visit Aptos again (potentially every February) and would highly recommend this location to anyone looking for a place to stay in Aptos, that is safe, friendly, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side (further away from the front), appear to be quieter. (further from the hustle of the reception and dining area, while being well away from local roads)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank OzzyBattla
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I really wanted to stay at the Rio Sands Motel, but since they have remodeled their prices have gone up quite a bit and since traveling there for only one night decided to stay at the Best Western SeaCliff which was a better rate.
Nice large room with two queen beds, garden/pool view nice but worth extra for one night? Walls paper thin, could hear TV from next door room clearly. Breakfast buffet a plus, even better when not raining so you can sit outside on the patio overlooking pond w/koi fish.
Can walk to beach but better to drive if you are carrying beach stuff and picnic supplies.
Nice pool and hot tub too. Beautiful grounds. Peaceful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Honeystravel
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Nice day trip ended into a weekend of fun and leisure. Clean nice rooms with great beds and pillows. Nice pool an jacuzzi area. Great Lounge, restaurant and bar with band. Very nice experience close to great food, beach, and ok golf.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night here. We ate at the restaurant at the hotel. The food was cold and the staff seemed irritated that we came for a late dinner. Our waitress came to ask if we wanted desert so the "desert guy" could go home- we were not even done with dinner! There was some sort of party in the next room, walls are thin!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NORA H
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Overall this hotel is a nice property; Beautiful grounds, great food, clean rooms, great location, just what one needs from a hotel. My only suggestion would be a change od staff. I have stayed multiple times at this property and it seems like management is going from better to worse with their staff selection. The last time I stayed was Aug 2011 and was stronly satisfied with the service I received. I was Welcomed, Acknowledge, and Thanked for staying. I wished I had the same thing to say for my latest stay (Dec 2011). I immediately notice a change of staff. Specially after not feeling welcomed upon arrival. The staff was rude, clueless, and had no customer service what so ever ( even though two claimed to be supervisors and assistant managers; not a very good representation for such a big hotel chain)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business