“Average - slow internet” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Arcata - Humboldt Area

Comfort Inn Arcata - Humboldt Area
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Arcata
Arcata, California
“Average - slow internet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

It has your standard fare. but man this internet crawls. Is it to much to ask for a webpage to load in a couple of seconds?

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

We visit Arcata 1-3 times per year. We like to stay at this property because [for the type of accommodations) it fits our needs perfectly. It has always been quiet and clean. The staff is friendly and always very accommodating. The pool and hot tub are the big plus. They were clear and sparkly when we were there so I am not sure why a previous review said the water was cloudy. I've never seen it that way. I find the beds to be pretty comfortable. The breakfast is free. I did notice they no longer serve yogurt which saddened me, but I could have bought some at the grocery store next door and put it in the fridge. Having a fridge and microwave is nice -- although we rarely use them. All in all, I think it's a great deal and there are usually some pretty flowers in the parking lot flower beds. It's only minutes away from downtown Arcata and less to Highway 101. I recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I try to choose hotels that do not allow pets because my kids have asthma problems and pet-friendly hotels are not friendly to them! The Howard Johnson's in Arcata is in an area with a bunch of similar hotels, but I think all the others allow pets. The Howard Johnson's usually has a very good price with the ABN discount (better than AAA or AARP discount). This was my second stay at this hotel

I'm dinging it one star because they have no business center with public computers or printers. I asked the desk clerk if I could FAX myself something in order to print something out and he said that it cost $1 a page!

Ventura, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Booked this hotel through direct web site and got a very good AAA price. Room was clean and nice size that included a coffee maker and refrigerator. Staff was friendly and helpfull. Breakfast was adequate and always provided enough for the masses. Pool and spa were clean and water was warm. Nice thing about this hotel is the location because it does not back up to the freeway like so many of the other establishments. Windows open and room was very quiet all 3 nights plus there was plenty of parking. If I come back to visit my Alumni-Humboldt State University- I will stay here again.

Morgan Hill, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel for a quiet and peaceful stay. The manager welcomed me very kindly after my very long and tiring drive, and she gave me an upgraded room. I stayed in a beautiful suite that was immaculately clean, quiet and very comfortable. I had a large king-sized bed, TV, frig, microwave, couch and tables, and a beautiful bathroom. No one was in the rooms around me, and I was able to get a good night's sleep. I could also keep an eye out on my car from the second floor window.
I was able to go downstairs in the morning and grab a nice breakfast and take it back to my room to eat in peace - I chose not to fight with the kids over the waffle machine!
All in all, it was a very nice stay, and I wish I could've stayed longer.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
reed bluff
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

Rooms Okay, cleanliness passable, but not really okay for a baby to crawl on the floor. Beds were very hard, but room was quiet. Heated swimming pool was so cloudy I didn't really think it was safe to swim. The redeemimg factor about this stay was the gentleman, Jeff, at the front desk. He was wonderful and friendly.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank juscurious2

Travellers are raving about these Arcata hotels

Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

Price was reasonable, facilities were clean and basic. The property was older and does need some work in the rooms. Our room was comfortable & roomy, beds were alright- nothing fancy, the decor was older. The carpet near the bathroom entrance needed to be repaired, the carpet nails were showing and would snag our socks when we walked over that area. Also the room door kept making strange noises when closing and would "catch" on the door frame so we actually thought we were stuck INSIDE the room at one point, we just needed to tug on the door harder.
During our stay occupancy was a little low so we were given the option of whether we wanted to be upstairs or down--we chose downstairs. You should know that this property does NOT have elevators so if you have a lot of luggage or don't/can't do stairs be sure to contact the property ahead of time. You can also hear other guests in adjacent rooms if they are yelling, speaking REALLY loudly or slamming doors--but generally speaking it was fairly quiet.
We also chose to walk to dinner, there were several restaurants to choose from. The staff that we did meet was extremely friendly, helpful and polite. Check in/out was very easy. Internet access was good.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcata
0.0 km away
Hotel Arcata
#5 of 10 in Arcata
13.6 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Humboldt Bay Inn

Been to Comfort Inn Arcata - Humboldt Area? Share your experiences!