“I wish I had visited sooner!”
Review of Village Cafe

Village Cafe
Ranked #19 of 76 Restaurants in Arroyo Grande
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nipomo, California
“I wish I had visited sooner!”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We have a business in the Village for 2 years now, and my family just stopped in a couple days ago. I wish I had visited sooner, how stupid am I!!?? The place is old I know, and in need of an update, but the food was soooo good! BLT, cheeseburger and kids chicken nuggets. Loved my BLT and the onion rings alone, were come-back quality. Got a coupon from the Village treat-or-treating halloween (free kids meal). Sorry that it took that to make me visit after 2 years in the AG. Going back again, and yes the onion rings are so on my list!

• Visited November 2011

Aptos, California
“Just Breakfast!”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We stopped in Arroyo Grande for breakfast. After driving down the main street of the city the girls choose “The Village Café” for our breakfast meal. It was around 10:30 am so I thought lunch might be best for me. We were seated and after asking we were informed that lunch could be ordered but anything that needed to be deep fried would not be allowed. Two of us ordered breakfast and two ordered lunch. Two poached eggs, one with bacon and a biscuit, and the other eggs with sausage and wheat toast were our breakfast order. The eggs were cooked as ordered, and both the bacon and sausage were cooked well. Complements went to the country biscuit for both its size and fluffy inside. The lunch orders were a hamburger and a grilled cheese sandwich. They were ok but I was not so happy with the side of hash brown potatoes. I suggest that if it is morning just order breakfast.

• Visited October 2011
Arroyo Grande, California
“A Hidden Gem in The Village”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Downtown Arroyo Grande, CA is known as "The Village". It's a quaint 3 blocks of an old western town that has developed into a tourist destination. Recent renovations draw you in and for good reason. The shops and restaurants in The Village are unique and deserve your time and attention.

When it comes to food, there are several restaurants, but the Village Cafe is one of those places you must visit.

It doesn't look like much from the outside other than its charm and streetside appeal, but inside you will find a warm and comfortable atmosphere. It's a popular place with the locals, so most likely you will need to wait a few minutes to be seated. This will allow you time to review the menu and glance over at the specials.

Open only from 6:00 am until 2:00 pm daily, you will quickly find the Village Cafe caters to the breakfast and lunch crowd. There is plenty of variety on the menu and if you want changes, go ahead. They welcome it!

Attractive pricing, good menu variety, friendly service (although sometimes a bit slow when it's busy), and small town charm makes the Village Cafe a must on your list.

• Visited August 2011