“Good motel in Auburn, CA” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn

Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Sacramento, CA
“Good motel in Auburn, CA”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Every year we attend a spring retreat in applegate, CA, about 10 minutes from the Comfort Inn in auburn. We like this motel, for these reasons: It's a budget motel that meets all of our needs. Specifically,
* SIZE OF ROOM: spacious
* BED: king-size and comfortable (but not a pillow top mattress)
* FITNESS CENTER: contains a treadmill, exercise bike, StairMaster, and free-standing weights.
* BREAKFAST: waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, hot and cold cereals, bread and bagels would satisfy most people. But we're vegans so we brought our own soy yogurt.
* QUIET: perfectly!
* WI-FI: Yes, we were asked if we wanted the access code when we checked in.

However, a few improvements could be made: the walls of our room could use a little refreshing/upgrading. Turning on the light in the bathroom activates a thunderous noise--this should be regulated, reduced. And we interacted with two people at reception, a woman and a man; no smiles or warmth from either of them.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VeganChela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

This was an unplanned stop for me so I had no to low expectations. I have to say that this accommodation is very comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly and helped us out when we had to stay due to snow on the pass over the Sierras. The room is very clean. There are extra amenities as well: in addition to the 'expected' regular fair such as a TV and an in room coffee pot, there is a small fridge and a microwave. It was nice to just grab snacks from our car and heat up in the room so we did not have to go out to eat.
There is also an outdoor hot tub which we were looking forward to, but did not end up using.
I would stay here again if I ever needed to be in Auburn for any reason.

Room Tip: I enjoy looking out, so appreciated the south facing room because you can see quite a ways across th...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank kim d
Auburn, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have stayed here on two occasions now, and have always gotten a good room - clean and well-apportioned. The prices are reasonable, and the Continental breakfast was great. If you are on your way to Reno or Tahoe and need a nice place for the night, this hotel is a good choice.

Room Tip: It's a little close to the freeway, so try to get back a bit. But all rooms seem quiet.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank travelgubbie
San Jose, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

I've been staying here practically every year when visiting relatives, and I've been very happy until this stay. The mattress is definitely due to be replaced. My husband & I were given a room with 2 beds, thank goodness. The first one had wrinkled sheets & looked like someone had already slept in it. However, on closer examination I believe the sheet was soiled, and someone had handwashed & wrung it out, hence all the wrinkling. But it should have been put through the laundry. The shower was good, but someone's old soap was still there! The heater & refrigerator were so loud they woke me up. Generally speaking, the room looked tired. The breakfast area had the usual choices, and included very dry scrambled eggs, and peeled hardboiled eggs (I prefer to peel my own eggs for sanitary reasons). The sausages were good, however. Unfortunately, the front-desk person was also the breakfast person. That's just too much to ask of one employee!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frankei

Travellers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

It was OK if you don't look too close. Room appeared clean until we had been in it for a while then you notice things like mold growing up the corners above the shower and the carper doesn"t get vacuumed all the way to the edge. The Comforter on one bed has a burn hole in it.

On the upside it was nice and quiet even though it appeared to be fairly busy. The breakfast could use some work though. I stay at Choice Hotels whenever possible and this breakfast was by far the worst I've had. They appear to prepare a huge batch of eggs and just leave them there for the entire three hours of breakfast. There were expired items in the refrigerator which I barely caught just as my travelling companion took a bite.

When I left in the morning there were several broken bottle in the parking lot near my car. Maybe from the guy that's friends with the nine deputies?

Long story short, I'd stay elsewhere if I knew ahead of time.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

One desk clerk on site. No security. Desk clerk had me evicted in the middle of the night??? Nine sheriffs showed up at 11:00 to evict me. A real dump. Stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Auburn, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

I have to put up bands, relatives & guests on a regular basis here in Auburn, and every now and then I need a place myself, - There are several hotels in Auburn (Holiday Inn, Best Western, Quality Inn, Motel 6) Of all I am listing, you really can't go wrong - but the Comfort Inn is now the ONLY hotel I refer people too. The Combination Price, Room, Location & Service Can't be beat. They have a few nice features, including the continental breakfast (make your own waffles!) a computer to use in the lobby, wi-fi.... THey do have a pool during the good weather times too. The Owner and all the staff are local good ole down home folks! win-win!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near an exit
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
2.7 km away
20.9 km away
Heritage Inn Express Rocklin
24.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area

Been to Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn? Share your experiences!